Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I dont think the books will end this summer.

My biggest problem with Gold is that the stories do not have a focus or lead to somewhere. It adds nothing to change or at least shake the status quo. But looking through the previews of Red maybe this title deals with the new status quo of X-men for the next few years.

Pick our two flagship writers from any of the satellite/minis were have right now please: Saladin Ahmed, Matthew Rosenberg, Kelly Thompson, Gail Simone. Or grab Daniel Warren-Johnson now that Extremity is wrapping up.

BANNED

If true, I expect titles like Uncanny X-Men, Excalibur, X-Factor, X-Force, New X-Men etc. to fill the void. While peculiar, I did kinda like the idea of the color associated X-Men teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Blue, Gold and Astonishing ending at the same time. I’m ready for another relaunch but I fear something worse may come along.
    This. The problem with Marvel titles and X-Men books in particular, is that it's very rare to find a book that caters to everybody. Finding the right creative team and an innovative roster with a pinch of nostalgia is not as easy as it sounds. Few have gotten it right, and the ones that do often don't last as long as we'd have liked. While the current X-team books may be coming to an end, there's no promise that what follows will be any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    It won't matter a thing if Guggenheim is still writing one of them.
    This. As far as I'm concerned, he's one of the biggest antagonists to the X-Men and his active role as an X-writer has been detrimental to all involved characters.

Yeah Im pretty much ready for a relaunch of the titles. Im only picking up Astonishing but it didn't really turn out as great as I had hoped. Im curious about X-Men Red but if a relaunch happens ill just hold off.

If it's true, I'm not remotely surprised. I can see Gold being relaunched as a bi-weekly Uncanny and Blue as X-Factor (or possibly adjectiveless X-Men). Astonishing seems to have become the "showcase" book where they try out new things or hand off to particular creators to do their own thing for awhile, so I expect just a new #1 with a new creative team there.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

If they will end then I hope RED will go bi monthly.
    1 issue per month with team that have 9 characters may be hard to get some monthly fix for some characters.

Wow, I hope this isn’t true. Gold is my favorite comic right now and I LOVE Guggenheim’s writing. I wouldn’t be sad to see Blue end because I can’t stand having the teen O5 in this timeline and I hate Jimmy and Bloodstorm. I’d like to see that title relaunch with a strong team of X-Men that aren’t currently featured elsewhere like Polaris, Havok, Dazzler, Cannonball, Forge, Banshee, Iceman, Beast, Cecilia Reyes, Hellion, Northstar, Pixie, Frenzy, Firestar, M, etc. Just please no more new teens.

If they are ending, then this might be the best way to fix the awful X-Men Red lineup. But they won’t. They’ll watch it die like every other X-Title that features too many new young characters (Ie: New X-Men, Generation X, Generation Hope, that recent awful X-Men team with Kid Apocalypse, etc).
    Last edited by Shadowcat99; 01-07-2018 at 06:41 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat99 View Post
    Wow, I hope this isn’t true. Gold is my favorite comic right now and I LOVE Guggenheim’s writing. I wouldn’t be sad to see Blue end because I can’t stand having the teen O5 in this timeline and I hate Jimmy and Bloodstorm. I’d like to see that title relaunch with a strong team of X-Men that aren’t currently featured elsewhere like Polaris, Havok, Dazzler, Cannonball, Forge, Banshee, Iceman, Beast, Cecilia Reyes, Hellion, Northstar, Pixie, Frenzy, Firestar, M, etc. Just please no more new teens.

If they are ending, then this might be the best way to fix the awful X-Men Red lineup. But they won’t. They’ll watch it die like every other X-Title that features too many new young characters (Ie: New X-Men, Generation X, Generation Hope, that recent awful X-Men team with Kid Apocalypse, etc).
    I've never been so shocked by anything in this forum.

Haha! Can’t help it. His writing reminds me of the stuff I loved in the 80s and 90s. That’s the stuff that got me addicted.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    That's cool.

Bunn & Blue aren't too bad. Though like anything, it probably has hit a lull with the 05.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    That's cool.

Bunn & Blue aren't too bad. Though like anything, it probably has hit a lull with the 05.
    I love Blue, but even I have to admit the least compelling part of the book is the main cast. Is it too futile to hope the book continues with Bunn's promised new team from the Cry Havok arc? I think then we'd have something truly special.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat99 View Post
    Wow, I hope this isn’t true. Gold is my favorite comic right now and I LOVE Guggenheim’s writing.

Well, so ends our illustrious friendship. We'll always have our shared hatred of the Fox-Men universe.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

Well, so ends our illustrious friendship. We'll always have our shared hatred of the Fox-Men universe.

Lmao!!! Well, love is a strong word that I shouldn’t have used. But I am enjoying that comic, lol.