Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    How could you not love X-Treme?
    I thought it was okay/good. Similar to his Storm solo, it had good ideas but the execution didn't keep me fully engaged. I don't hate his work, but his X-Men stuff feels pretty hollow akin to a singer trying to show their voice has soul rather than actually having it.

Domino is my fav female character so I want to be excited but Marvel keeps dissapointing me with thier direction. If Neena is written like she is in Weapon X this will be terrible. That characterization is completely wrong!
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

I think Simone is a big win for the X-line. I'd even like to see her take on X-force, actually.
    Domino may last longer than some other solos. She could appeal to the Deadpool and Harley Quinn crowd, who knows.
    If she succeeds, X-force could be a mini-franchise again. We'd have solos for Cable, Deadpool and Dom.

I think I'll pass on this one. I generally like Pak and Simone as writers, but I haven't seen a thing of interest coming out of this Weapon X run, and if that's the version of Domino Simone is running with, I'm not going to enjoy this book.

Weapon X needs to end and be forgotten. What a waste. We could have gotten a good X-force run and instead we had a never ending and dumb Hulkverine arc.

X-men and Tf2 fan. WolverineandDeadpool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Weapon X needs to end and be forgotten. What a waste. We could have gotten a good X-force run and instead we had a never ending and dumb Hulkverine arc.
    It might end soon what with the rumors about Gold and Blue.

Cool! I like Domino

BANNED

Domino will win with luck, awesomeness!

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    She's supposed to be more of a smart ass...like she was in that Scarlet Witch team up.
    That's what I got from her too. A snarky, but fun character. Rather than ditsy.

I especially like how it shows with Deadpool. Like Cable & Deadpool. Or the way Bunn wrote her in Mercs for Money. Where she was fun, but still had attitude to her. Wasn't crazy about the book. But Domino was nice in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Or the way Bunn wrote her in Mercs for Money. Where she was fun, but still had attitude to her. Wasn't crazy about the book. But Domino was nice in it.
    That the same Bunn who misspelled her first name for like 4 issues before realising his mistake? And whose efforts on the series were blown out of the water by Chris Hastings' 2 final issues? I guess we're setting an easy bar for Simone to clear, then.

Unless of course we've all just collectively given up because she said nice things about (her current co-worker under the same editorial team) Pak's work rather than, I don't know, tweeting "yeah his book sucks, LOL, I'm ignoring everything he writes" and getting off on the worst possible foot with the Marvel brass.

Happy thoughts, people! It's all I ask! At least wait until the first issue is in-hand before the inevitable wall of complaints that follows every single series launch.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

With no Black Widow solo, I could see this filling the void.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    That the same Bunn who misspelled her first name for like 4 issues before realising his mistake? And whose efforts on the series were blown out of the water by Chris Hastings' 2 final issues? I guess we're setting an easy bar for Simone to clear, then.

Unless of course we've all just collectively given up because she said nice things about (her current co-worker under the same editorial team) Pak's work rather than, I don't know, tweeting "yeah his book sucks, LOL, I'm ignoring everything he writes" and getting off on the worst possible foot with the Marvel brass.

Happy thoughts, people! It's all I ask! At least wait until the first issue is in-hand before the inevitable wall of complaints that follows every single series launch.
    From what I learned with Marvel. Happy thoughts & Optimism cause disappointment. Key is having low expectations until you're given a concrete reason to be excited. In fact, that almost works with anything in life. You fall from cloud 9, you splat. Fall from a low point, you can at least limp away.

She didn't have to tweet anything about Pak if he didn't ask. She volunteered the compliments and states him as motivation. And from what he's heard, he's loving it. So chances are very probable Domino is similar to the way he sees her. So my opinion stays the same. Which is being wary of this book if she's following Pak's version.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 01-06-2018 at 09:31 AM.

Are you guys kidding? (Rhetorical Question)..with all this f@#king Elementary School art we're getting..Greg Land on this would be f@#king awesome..
    I don't care if he f@#king photo references or his faces look the same..that's the case with a lot of artists..at least it's nice to look at..unlike say, Gen X, that looks like it's being drawn by someone who lost their drawing hand and is trying to learn how to draw with the other one..Yeah no..I'll take Greg Land all f@#king day on this book

I would definitely take Greg Land tracings over some of the so called "art" we get sometimes. This isn't the Met.. I'm not trying to interpret what the art is trying to say to me.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I would definitely take Greg Land tracings over some of the so called "art" we get sometimes. This isn't the Met.. I'm not trying to interpret what the art is trying to say to me.
    I don't my land much either, compared to others. I did not like the art style in GenX. Especially how huge everyone's mouths could be with 100 teeth in them. lol And I definitely do not care for Ken Lashley. Where every other character has an overly large forehead with receding hairlines. And some of his male characters definitely all look alike. I sometimes got them mixed up.