Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

This is going to be a intresting title.

It seems like thell be a replacment for each book canncled via marvels purge.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Really not sure what makes you say that. Sure her Batgirl run was hot garbage but even then that was a situation where she was forced to make the best of an awful situation. In contrast, her BoP run was fantastic, her Secret Six run is one of the best comics ever made, All-New Atom, her brief Legion run and (what I've read of) her Wonder Woman run are pretty good and while I haven't read them, I've heard a lot of good things about Crosswind, Clean Room and The Movement. I haven't read any of her Marvel stuff, but there isn't exactly much of it.

She's one of my favorite writers in the industry and the main reason I may actually give the first issue of this a shot.
    Has nothing to do with her work. I did enjoy some of her Secret Six runs as well. Its mostly how I have seen her act on social media, interviews and so on with other creators/professionals/ect. in the industry.

In saying that. If she is at Marvel again I hope she stirs clear of any of my favorite characters though.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 01-05-2018 at 03:26 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The cover's nice true enough. It's just that Land cannot go for too long without falling back into his, usual "style."
    Yep. It'll look like Weapon X.

Domino solo with a decent named writer attached to it... who ever would have guessed. I wonder how Marvel will attempt bring in her Deadpool film look to the series or as a new character. Just when I think I'm slowing wrapping up at Marvel they throw in another 1-12 issue solo series.

Also, are Domino and Warpath really banging? I'm not reading Weapon X.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Ultimate Member

As far as I know so far we've seen a little flirting and a kiss, beyond that though who knows yet...

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Domino solo with a decent named writer attached to it... who ever would have guessed. I wonder how Marvel will attempt bring in her Deadpool film look to the series or as a new character. Just when I think I'm slowing wrapping up at Marvel they throw in another 1-12 issue solo series.

Also, are Domino and Warpath really banging? I'm not reading Weapon X.
    Greg Hack is setting something up between them.
    DRXD6ThW4AANeD3.jpg

Astonishing Member

It just hit me Agent X could reappear in this. That would be nice.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    It's a shame it has to be like that, ain't it?
    Its a damn shame because movie goers still have no interest in buying comicbooks. Why won't these companies see that?

I like the title logo with the bullets bouncing.
    Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 01-05-2018 at 03:35 PM.

Gail Simon is probably my favorite writer, so I am really looking forward to this. Plus, I have been slowly catching up with the recent Weapon X series on MU and Domino is great in that.

To those that know the character well, may one ask, what are some good Domino books? As this is going to be a must-have for me, I feel I should get to know the character better.

Spectacular Member

Nice. Didn't Domino have a one-shot or mini series back in the late 90s? Or am I thinking of something else?

Quote Originally Posted by areuyellingatmee View Post
    Nice. Didn't Domino have a one-shot or mini series back in the late 90s? Or am I thinking of something else?
    She had two minis... that weren't great. They are being collected in a TPB.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Gail, for Domino? Damn. That's wild. Must be nice to be in the sequel to Fox-Men's highest grossing film. I wonder if they will change her color scheme to match the film's version, or at least reveal she was born POC before her powers kicked in or whatever.

Where's Colossus's solo? He was my favorite part of the last DP! Or is this bs in Gold supposed to count?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Wow this is the first announcement in a while that I could totally see myself buying. Domino's a character I've always liked when she appears, and has some potential as a solo character. I mostly like Gail's work (her Deadpool run was fantastic/wouldn't mind seeing Gail write Taskmaster in this series!), and Domino at first glance looks like a good fit for her. Bring it on.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Y'all started this party without ME?! This is what I get for working on Fridays.

But anyway.

I'd been hoping on the sly that Dom's (slightly) increased profile would pay off one of these days - though my pragmatism limited me to expecting at best one of those 'Deadpool vs.' minis. A proper solo, with a properly great writer attached? My cup runneth over. And to those saying it'll "only get 12 issues", that's still 3x longer than her last solo series, so, I'd call that a win.

Greg Land remains the only sour note. I see you listing him as 'cover art' only, Marvel. Don't screw with me here. Anyone but him.

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    To those that know the character well, may one ask, what are some good Domino books? As this is going to be a must-have for me, I feel I should get to know the character better.
    I've probably drawn up a solid masterlist elsewhere, but off the top of my head:

- X-Force vol. 3 (from about #7 onwards) plus X-Force: Sex + Violence miniseries
    - Cable & Deadpool (scattered appearances in maybe half the run)
    - Cable & X-Force (full series), plus maybe Secret Wars: Inferno if you like it
    - Domino vol. 2 (4-issue miniseries)

That's a good start.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Once again, the artist is shafted in promo for a book.

It looks like Land is only doing covers, let’s hope that is the case. This cover looks nice.

And there is no mention this is a mini or on-going

But as been said, this is not going past 12 issues.