Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

I would say some of you have too much X-Men for current Marvel practices, but its looking less and less true with them now Exiles and Domino. I'm assuming they'll be replacing Blue and Gold with two more books as well. Probably a return of Uncanny and "X-Men". If there is no blue and gold, I don't see the point of using "red" in the title. So I'd assume the title is going to change too... Not to mention with Wolverine (Logan) coming back, I don't see Old Man Logan sticking around. Question is, "do they let Laura keep the moniker with Logan back"? Cheese and rice, its looking like Marvel wants to sell books again. Good on them.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Some of these suggestions are ABSOLUTELY terrible.
    Makes you appreciate the x-office a bit more.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm a firm believer that "less is more" so I'd have a very limited number of ongoing titles all written by a group of 4 top writers working closely together to deliver a singular vision of Marvel's mutant world.

Uncanny X-Men, written by Jonathan Hickman, Rick Remender, Nick Spencer & Joshua Dysart. Rotating art team of top artists including Olivier Coipel, Dave Finch, Steve McNiven, Jim Cheung, Clay Mann & Adam Kubert. The core title, starring pretty much everyone, both as part of the team and as side solo adventures. Each writer could be assigned to the development of a specific number of characters to ensure everyone gets proper focus. Weekly book.

New Mutants, written by Joshua Dysart with art by Adam Pollina & Rafa Sandoval. The obligatory school book, where I'd go back to the original premise of NM vol.2, with the older new generation (Cannonball, Sunspot & the rest of the NM gang) train the newer one (Hellion & the New X-Men kids). Bi-weekly book.

X-Force, written by Nick Spencer with art by Stjepan Sejic. I'd make this Cyclops and Cable's wetworks team, mission-based with a rotating group of characters headed by Nathan. Monthly book.

Wolverine, written by Jonathan Hickman with art by Ivan Reis. Monthly book.

Deadpool, written by Rick Remender with art by Ryan Ottley. Monthly book.

Quote Originally Posted by planetxmen View Post
    Some of these suggestions are ABSOLUTELY terrible.
    Makes you appreciate the x-office a bit more.
    For real. There’s, like, two that I like other than mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    It's that time again, folks; with the rumors that Blue, Gold, and Weapon X are ending and being replaced, what do YOU want to see from the X-Line? Feel free to include whatever you want, whether that's the full shebang or just the cast or whatever. No characters are off limits, just assume that if they're dead they've come back or are on their way back.

I'll start!

UNCANNY X-MEN featuring Jean Grey, Banshee, Storm, Thunderbird (John), Wolverine (Laura), Namor, and Blink. Written by Taylor. Rotating art team of Asrar and Silva. Basically, X-Men Red.

X-MEN featuring Shadowcat, Nightcrawler, Magik, Rachel Grey-Summers, Logan, Frenzy, and Cannonball. Written by Rosenberg. Basically X-Men Gold, but not badly written.

SUPERIOR X-MEN featuring Magneto, Polaris, Havok, Emma Frost, Archangel, Psylocke, and Danger. Written by Bunn. Art by Lashley. A sequel to both X-Men Blue and Bunn's Uncanny X-Men.

NEW MUTANTS featuring Honey Badger, Lewis Guthrie, Cissie Guthrie, Genesis, Oya, and Moonstar as their mentor. Art by Jorge Molina.

X-FACTOR featuring Iceman, Rogue, Gambit, Monet, Rictor, Bombshell (Boom Boom), and Shatterstar. Written by Sina Grace. Set out of LA or San Francisco - basically the X-Men on the West Coast focusing on Bobby and his team bringing the X-Men and mutants closer to co-existance.

X-FORCE: featuring Cable, Hope, Warpath, Domino, Sabretooth, Lady Deathstrike and Sunspot.

WOLVERINE - a duo title between Laura and the returned Logan. Written by Taylor.

CABLE & HOPE - just as it says.

DOMINO
    I love all of these, Uncanny and NM in particular

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    I love all of these, Uncanny and NM in particular
    Thank you I've thought about adding plots to 'em but maybe later.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

- Uncanny X-men
    - Astonishing X-men
    - X-men Red
    - X-men Black (replaces Weapon X)
    - Logan (replaces OML)
    - Wolverine (drops the All New; still features Laura and Honey Badger)
    - Cable
    - Deadpool
    - New Mutants (features a mix of New Mutants, Gen X and Young/New X-men characters)

BANNED

Uncanny X-Men: Storm (Leader), Gambit, Sage, Slipstream, Lifeguard, Warpath,

X-Men: Wolverine (Leader), Magik, Colossus, Psylocke, Chamber, Cannonball

X-Factor: Havok (Leader), Polaris, Quicksilver, Multiple Man, Monet, Hollow

X-Force: Bishop (Leader), Emma, Mystique, Sunfire, Rogue, Nightcrawler

Generation X: Cyclops and Jean Grey get married, no more love triangles, they start a school where they teach the next generation of kids. The book should be almost exactly like the 90s Generation X title.
    [B][U]

Solo Titles: Storm, Cable, Wolverine, Gambit
    Gambit permanently breaks up with Rogue to be with Ororo. Rogue joins the team with Mystique and Nightcrawler to get away from the mansion and Gambit.
    Last edited by rutog98; 01-07-2018 at 05:59 PM.

Mighty Member

Uncanny X-men
    Cyclops
    Phoenix
    Iceman
    Beast
    Magik
    Polaris
    Havok

X-men
    Storm
    Wolverine (Logan)
    Psylocke
    Colossus
    Dazzler
    Gambit
    Archangel

Astonishing X-men
    Rogue
    Magneto
    Elixir
    M
    Sage
    Xavier

Excalibur
    Captain Britain
    Meggan
    Shadowcat
    Nightcrawler
    Rachel Grey
    Pete Wisdom
    Multiple Man

New Mutants
    Moonstar
    Cannonball
    Sunspot
    Magma
    Wolfsbane
    Cypher
    Blink

New X-men
    Hellion
    Surge
    Dust
    Anole
    Rockslide
    Triage
    Mercury

X-force
    Cable
    Warpath
    Boom Boom
    Domino
    Rictor
    Shatterstar
    Siryn

Somewhat of a sidestep universe, with a few considerable retcons. Several X-Men are brought back to life, others stay dead. X-Men International is another attempt at X-Corp, but this time, led by the New Mutant generation of heroes. These teams are assisted and policed by X-Men Gold, comprised of senior X-Men and superior talent. The Xavier School is in ruins, but the Excalibur Lighthouse is rebuilt. The Braddock Academy has an exchange program with the Frost School, now centered in NYC's Mutant Town. Psylocke now has five bodies, and four other minds. Cyclops and Wolverine are working together again, under Rogue's direction. Gambit's on the run, Beast is an Avenger, and Jubilee is a mutant.

Uncanny X-Men (Gold Team) monthly
    Kelly Sue DeConnick on words. Joe Maduiera on art.
    Colossus, Nightcrawler, Storm, Magik, Weapon(Rachel Summers). Gambit & Jubilee.
    Colossus is being trained to take on a leadership role, supported by Storm and Nightcrawler. Ororo and Kurt want to move on to recruitment and coordination positions in X-Men International. Rachel and Illyana discover they have chemistry when they mix their powers, and end up in a torrid, awkward, passionate lesbian affair. Rachel is an emotional mess, so she compensates by seducing Peter. Kurt is horrified, Ororo is amused. Secondary storyline involves Gambit mentoring Jubilee, and on the run from Cannonball's North American chapter of X-Men International.

X-Men (Blue Team) monthly
    Gail Simone on words. Chris Bachalo on art.
    Rogue, Cyclops, Wolverine, Worldwide(Blob), Bullfrog(Toad), Frenzy, Stinger, Typhoid Mary.
    X-Men Thunderbolts. Despite their years teaching adolescents, Rogue puts Cyclops and Wolverine in a room until they agree they're at their best when they rehabilitate mutant villains into heroic teams. Cyclops, estranged from Emma, builds all-new, all-different chemistry with Frenzy. Wolverine seeks to mentor Stinger, the way he'd been successful mentoring in the past, but she's terrified of him. Desperate for a team psychic, Rogue busts Mary out of jail, and uses her power to help Mary with her problems. Blob and Toad get hero makeovers. The superhero community is NOT PLEASED.

X-Men Unlimited (X-Men International) annual miniseries
    Test ground for words and art.
    Cannonball's North American team. Cannonball, Rictor, Shatterstar, Warpath.
    Sunspot's South American team. Sunspot, Magma, and currently recruiting.
    Karma's East Asian team. Karma, Silver, Auric, Sunfire.
    Wolfsbane's European team. Wolfsbane, Empath, Tarot, Standoff.
    Bishop, Sage.
    Showcasing various X-Men affiliated teams in their regional efforts versus specific adversaries.

Excalibur monthly
    Mark Waid on words. Alan Davis on art.
    Captain Britain, Tapestry, Proteus, Dr. MacTaggert, Banshee, Forge, Kylun.
    Proteus emerges and resurrects Banshee, Moira MacTaggert, and the Excalibur lighthouse. Forge and Kylun are hired by Braddock Industries. Meggan decides to invite distraught Moira and Sean to help Braddock Academy. Brian grows a beard. Meggan can see Kevin MacTaggert's ghost and decides they all need to be together. "New" Excalibur resembles the Giffen/DeMatteis JLI... with Brian, Colin, Forge, and Sean being a bunch of practical jokers, happily away from the drama of the Stateside X-Men. Kurt Wagner, Faiza Hussain, Dane Whitman, Micromax, Wolfsbane's European X-Men all show up once in a while for tea and fisticuffs.

Psylocke bi-annual miniseries
    Greg Rucka on words. Olivier Coipel on art.
    Elizabeth Braddock and a cast of new characters.
    A secondary mutation kicks Psylocke out of Kwannon's body and into the Astral Plane. She discovers she's now a telepathic hub for five low-level female psychics around the world. Each woman has specific skills in addition to her psychic talent. When Betsy bodyjumps into them, they gain amplified powers. With this new status, Psylocke is hired by STRIKE to be the ideal international super agent without the X-Men insularities holding her back. Think Sense8 mixed with Mission Impossible. One woman is a computer scientist positioned at Braddock Manor, one woman is a Dora Milaje, one is a self-taught witch whose family purchased the Outback Headquarters.

X-Force
    Cable, Stepford Cukoos, Hellion. Domino and Deadpool.
    Errors in the Cuckoo's programming necessitates Cable's assistance in fixing them both psychically and cybernetically. He has Domino kidnap Hellion from the Frost Academy to help. Cable and Hellion use Cerebra software to become a new Five-In-One. While Cable teaches the triplets and Julian Askani instruction, they dispatch Domino and Deadpool to do black op wetworks missions.

I haven't really come up with a cast for X-Factor, but I want it to be public, political action coalition.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 01-08-2018 at 01:40 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Somewhat of a sidestep universe, with a few considerable retcons. Several X-Men are brought back to life, others stay dead. X-Men International is another attempt at X-Corp, but this time, led by the New Mutant generation of heroes. These teams are assisted and policed by X-Men Gold, comprised of senior X-Men and superior talent. The Xavier School is in ruins, but the Excalibur Lighthouse is rebuilt. The Braddock Academy has an exchange program with the Frost School, now centered in NYC's Mutant Town. Psylocke now has five bodies, and four other minds. Cyclops and Wolverine are working together again, under Rogue's direction. Gambit's on the run, Beast is an Avenger, and Jubilee is a mutant.

Uncanny X-Men (Gold Team)
    Colossus, Nightcrawler, Storm, Magik, Weapon(Rachel Summers). Gambit & Jubilee.
    Colossus is being trained to take on a leadership role, supported by Storm and Nightcrawler. Ororo and Kurt want to move on to recruitment and coordination positions in X-Men International. Rachel and Illyana discover they have chemistry when they mix their powers, and end up in a torrid, confusing lesbian affair. Rachel is an emotional mess, so she compensates by seducing Peter. Kurt is horrified, Ororo is amused. Secondary storyline involves Gambit mentoring Jubilee, and on the run from Cannonball's North American chapter of X-Men International.

X-Men (Blue Team)
    Rogue, Cyclops, Wolverine, Worldwide(Blob), Bullfrog(Toad), Frenzy, Stinger, Typhoid Mary.
    X-Men Thunderbolts. Despite their years teaching adolescents, Rogue puts Cyclops and Wolverine in a room until they agree they're at their best when they rehabilitate mutant villains into heroic teams. Cyclops, estranged from Emma, builds all-new, all-different chemistry with Frenzy. Wolverine seeks to mentor Stinger, the way he'd been successful mentoring in the past, but she's terrified of him. Desperate for a team psychic, Rogue busts Mary out of jail, and uses her power to help Mary with her problems. Blob and Toad get hero makeovers. The superhero community is NOT PLEASED.

X-Men Unlimited (X-Men International) annual miniseries
    Cannonball's North American team. Sunspot's South American team. Sunfire's East Asian team. Wolfsbane's European team. Bishop, Sage.
    Showcasing various X-Men affiliated teams in their regional efforts versus specific adversaries.

Excalibur
    Captain Britain, Tapestry, Proteus, Dr. MacTaggert, Banshee, Forge, Kylun.
    Proteus emerges and resurrects Banshee, Moira MacTaggert, and the Excalibur lighthouse. Forge and Kylun are hired by Braddock Industries. Meggan decides to invite distraught Moira and Sean to help Braddock Academy. Brian grows a beard. Meggan can see Kevin MacTaggert's ghost and decides they all need to be together. "New" Excalibur resembles the Giffen/DeMatteis JLI... with Brian, Colin, Forge, and Sean being a bunch of practical jokers, happily away from the drama of the Stateside X-Men. Kurt Wagner, Faiza Hussain, Dane Whitman, Micromax, Wolfsbane's European X-Men all show up once in a while for tea and fisticuffs.

Psylocke bi-annual miniseries
    Elizabeth Braddock and a cast of new characters.
    A secondary mutation kicks Psylocke out of Kwannon's body and into the Astral Plane. She discovers she's now a telepathic hub for five low-level female psychics around the world. Each woman has specific skills in addition to her psychic talent. When Betsy bodyjumps into them, they gain amplified powers. With this new status, Psylocke is hired by STRIKE to be the ideal international super agent without the X-Men insularities holding her back. Think Sense8 mixed with Mission Impossible. One woman is a computer scientist positioned at Braddock Manor, one woman is a Dora Milaje, one is a self-taught witch whose family purchased the Outback Headquarters.

X-Force
    Cable, Stepford Cukoos, Hellion. Domino and Deadpool.
    Errors in the Cuckoo's programming necessitates Cable's assistance in fixing them both psychically and cybernetically. He has Domino kidnap Hellion from the Frost Academy to help. Cable and Hellion use Cerebra software to become a new Five-In-One. While Cable teaches the triplets and Julian Askani instruction, they dispatch Domino and Deadpool to do black op wetworks missions.

I haven't really come up with a cast for X-Factor, but I want it to be public, political action coalition.
    I think characters who can copy other's powers are what would be necessary to reproduce the 1 in 5 Cuckoo hivemind. The Cuckoos + Rogue + Hope (although I would prefer someone like Synch if he were alive because Rogue's absorbed powers fade out quickly)

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I think characters who can copy other's powers are what would be necessary to reproduce the 1 in 5 Cuckoo hivemind. The Cuckoos + Rogue + Hope (although I would prefer someone like Synch if he were alive because Rogue's absorbed powers fade out quickly)
    I'll grant you that I didn't put much thought into my X-Force idea, aside from wanting 1) a return to Cable as boot camp general to younger mutants, 2) a more psychic presentation of Cable, rather than "big gun" militaristic, 3) Cable, Deadpool and Domino as action/comedy, 4) Hellion as psychic douchebag teenager in place of Kid Omega. I figured Hellion's psychic talent could grow, with exposure to trasmode telepathy and weapon plus brain tech.

I prefer Synch to Hope in every way, but I can't decide if he's on Cannonball's North American team or somewhere else entirely.

The preface for my X universe is that Jean Grey, Xavier, Cyclops, and Wolverine are still dead, and Storm is off leading a team of Exiles from the White Hot room where they focus on team-building activities (gets cancelled after it's first arc). And, the 05 are gone too. Some of my casts are large, but I imagine a rotating cast for different story arcs.

Uncanny X-Men: Shadowcat, Prestige, Nightcrawler, Iceman, Colossus, Angel, +students not on X-Force

Astonishing X-Men: Psylocke, Dazzler, Gambit, Northstar, Rogue, Bishop, Pixie

X-Factor: Polaris, Wolfsbane, Moonstar, Magik, Boom Boom, Jubilee, Skids, Husk, M, Magma, Surge

X-Force Lost in Space!: Cable (leader), Wolverine (Laura), Anole, Rockslide, Dust, Armor, Mercury, Cuckoos, Hellion, Bling, Quentin Quire

Exiles: Storm, Emma Frost, Wolverine, Cyclops, Beast, Professor X, Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    First of all, I'd get rid of the stupid color names, the O5 and get back to popular spin-offs like X-force and X-factor.

UNCANNY X-MEN: the school-based team. Jean is back and she realizes mutantkind isn't any better off than before. This book should be about the X-men taking a hard look at their operation and really trying to make a lasting impact for once.
    1. Kitty Pryde (headmistress)
    2. Storm (field leader)
    3. Jean Grey
    4. Nightcrawler
    5. Colossus - not romantically involved with Kitty
    6. Logan (616)
    7. Magik

ASTONISHING X-MEN: The other side of the coin to UXM. While the other team would be focused on long term solutions to the mutant dilemma, this team would be all about handling crisis situations. They'd be the first responders to high level threats and would act closer to other super-hero teams, trying to improve the X-men's PR. Their base would be in San Francisco.
    1. Iceman
    2. Psylocke
    3. Angel
    4. Rogue
    5. Gambit
    6. Dazzler
    7. Northstar
    + Forge and Cecelia Reyes as support

X-FORCE: a more proactive team set on ensuring mutantkind's survival. They're seen as terrorists by the world at large.
    1. Cable
    2. Domino
    3. Warpath
    4. Boom Boom
    5. Rictor
    6. Shatterstar
    7. Marrow
    + Deadpool guest appearances for the shameless money grab.

X-FACTOR: A new direction for the Unity Squad. As Polaris takes over leadership, she sets on rebuilding what was once the world's biggest symbol of unity: Genosha. The book would be focused on political intrigue and the workings of a nation co-lead by mutants, humans and inhumans.
    1. Polaris (leader)
    2. Beast (scientist trying to redeem himself)
    3. Quicksilver (trying to build a btter society for his daughter)
    4. Synapse (the Inhuman POV and obligatory mind powers)
    5. Brother Voodoo (team's mystic and connection to the dead)
    6. Frenzy (former Acolyte set on protecting Genosha with her life)
    7. Wonder Man (the much-needed PR to a cause like Genosha's, plus brings the best in Beast)
    8, Danger (Genosha's own sentient defense system)

ACADEMY X: What better way to become better X-men than to actually try their so-called "peaceful coexistence"? The not so peaceful duo of Jubilee and Monet try to tutor the youngest generation of X-men as they begin their adult lives as parts of normal society.
    1. Armor (wannabe leader)
    2. Pixie (X-men know-it-all)
    3. Oya (reluctant X-man)
    4. Quentin (the insufferable powerhouse)
    5. Kid Gladiator (cosmic heir)
    6. Anole & Rockslide (the X-dudes)
    + regular appearances from other X-kids not appearing in...

NEW MUTANTS: Dani Moonstar and members from various generations of young X-men revive the X-Corporation to help mutants in need all over the world. A more humanitarian take on the X-men, plus a sprawling international cast.
    1. Dani Moonstar (leader)
    2. Cannonball (advisor)
    3. Sunspot (funder)
    4. Prodigy (mission control)
    5. Husk (counselor)
    6. Chamber - field operative
    7. Blink - field operative/teleporter
    8. Surge - field operative
    9. Dust - field operative
    + Guest stars from members handling international HQs of the X-Corporation like Karma, Amara, Indra etc.

EXILES : multiversal X-men handling Extinction level threats on alternate Earths.
    1. Sage (leader)
    2. Bishop (powerhouse seeking redemption)
    3. Phoenix - Rachel Summers (cosmic powered telepath)
    4. AoA Blink (teleporter and Exiles mainstay)
    5. Longshot (adventurer gathering multiversal fans)
    6. Ultimate Kitty Pryde (expert tactician and survivor of the UU)
    7. Old Man Logan (the "Wolverine" aka money grab)
    8. AU Betsy as Captain Britain (muscle)

CAPTAIN BRITAIN & EXCALIBUR: A team-up book starring Brian Braddock and Faiza Hussain as they protect 616 Earth from multiversal incursions. Supporting cast:
    1. Meggan Braddock (Brian's wife)
    2. Peter Wisdom (MI13 connection)
    3. Wolfsbane (teacher at Braddok Academy)
    4. Black Knight (Faiza's boyfriend)
    +Kylun, Technet and other characters and concepts from classic Excalibur/Cap Britain comics.

SOLOS:
    1. All-New Wolverine: Laura's solo
    2. Logan: 616 Logan's book. Road trip style.
    3. Cable
    4. Domino (this should be a spot for solos try-outs)
    Oh Factor, your teams and directions always make my heart sing.
    I'm particularly love love loving the Uncanny, Astonishing, and NM teams!

Yeah see I'd make Danielle Moonstar an Avenger, and ditch Synapse and the Inhuman influence from the past few years.

She's a psychic, which is exactly what the Avengers have always needed, but X-Men have too many. She's got leadership. She's got teamwork. She's got connections to Thor. She's worked undercover with SHIELD. She's a Native American. And if her New Mutant generation take on international mutant issues, she can be the preeminent connection to the A-side superhero community. I think it's best next step for her.