Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Easily one of my favorite characters (but I may be biased since I just love the JSA in general)

Don't forget that this past year, DC gave us the Batman/Wildcat collected series that featured the stories from
    * Batman/Wildcat #1-3 (1997)
    * Catwoman/Wildcat #1-4 (1998)
    plus the various Batman & Wildcat team-ups that were in the old Brave & the Bold series back in the 1970s!

From Justice League of America #46 (cover-dated August 1966).

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Love Ted Grant. Need to hunt down my old issues featuring him and complete the series. Lots of good stories left unfinished.

If there's one thing I'm looking forward too with the inevitable return of the JSA, it's the return of Wildcat .

from Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe, Vol. XXV (March 1987)

from JSA Secret Files #1 (August 1999)

Astonishing Member

I know the thread title goes out of the way to specify "original" Wildcat, but seeing him makes me think of and miss his son Tommy Bronson/Wildcat II/Tomcat. He was pretty cool (if his beast form was somewhat inconsistently drawn, though they usually always looked awesome in spite of that). I liked Tom's character and his relationship with his dad, in all of its rocky, vitriolic, and heartwarming glory.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I know the thread title goes out of the way to specify "original" Wildcat, but seeing him makes me think of and miss his son Tommy Bronson/Wildcat II/Tomcat. He was pretty cool (if his beast form was somewhat inconsistently drawn, though they usually always looked awesome in spite of that). I liked Tom's character and his relationship with his dad, in all of its rocky, vitriolic, and heartwarming glory.
    Maybe you should start an Appreciation Thread for Tom Bronson?
    Never know if there might be other fans of that version out there until you try.
    (I just made this thread specifically for OG Ted because that's who I like, and I didn't want to worry about it being overrun with posts about Tom and/or Yolanda.)

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    That was retconed in very eraly after CoIE in Catwomans first mini series, but later ignored in her ongonig series (where she was trained by the Armless Master) and later brought back in Brubaker's run.

Pre Crisis Selina had anyway a different origin, was imo anyway not that much of a fighter, and the Earth One could have anyway not been trained by him since he only existed on Earth 2.
    Not according to Bob Haney issues of Brave and the Bold... there was for a while an Earth-1, or at least an Earth-B, version of Wildcat as well.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Not according to Bob Haney issues of Brave and the Bold... there was for a while an Earth-1, or at least an Earth-B, version of Wildcat as well.
    Since that particular version of Wildcat, as far as I'm aware, only seemed to show up in Haney's Brave & the Bold (and in a story by Denny O'Neil where he teamed up with The Creeper in Super-Team Family #2 in 1975), I don't know if a separate Earth-1 Wildcat was really considered official/"canon".

Oh, what the heck . . .