View Poll Results: X-MEN or X-MAN fan?

Voters
187. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like all the X-MEN

112 59.89%
  • I like only a couple

75 40.11%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

I love the concept of X-Men more than my most loved characters.

I read more X-Men comics when my favorite characters are part of the panel.

I used to be an X-men fan...but the stories have not been must die for me after the whole Terrigen thing...I only buy if its Emma now.

The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

I grew up reading and buying all the titles but around Secret Wars I stopped due to a move and some other life changes. I am fans of a ton of the characters, but now I just read on Marvel Unlimited. Saves me money and storage space.

BUT if Dazzler shows up, I buy it the day it comes out. That's my rule.
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondQueen View Post
    I used to be an X-men fan...but the stories have not been must die for me after the whole Terrigen thing...I only buy if its Emma now.
    Same with me. Since the X-Men Schism, and then AvX, and finally EXM, ANAD X-MEN, DoX and IvX, I dropped 99% of the X books.
    I'll only buy if I have Cyclops, Emma or Magneto in it.

X-Men fan. Simple.

I know what I'm about. Some teams I like but I'm here for Cyclops.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    The C and D listers always interested me a lot more than the main teams for some reason, to be perfectly honest.
    Ditto. I'd rather read about Cecelia Reyes or Wind-Dancer than Wolverine or Storm, for instance, even if I grew up on the Claremont/Byrne stories. 'Lower Decks' all the way.

That said, a good story is a good story even if it's crawling with characters I don't care for, and has none of my favorites. I won't pick up a story *just* because it centers around a 'favorite' like Nightcrawler or Madrox, although it will definitely earn a look that I wouldn't give a book about Magneto or Banshee.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Two main X-Men teams:

Cyke's team based in Westchester where the mansion has been relocated(mutant rescue/emergency response team). Scott and Jean resurrected, but not together as a couple at first(at least 12 issues), lead Triage, Hijack, Iceman, Northstar, Xorn, Frenzy, and Dani(repowered: psionic arrows/illusions) with Cuckoos on Cerebro in support.

Storm's team(visionary/world stage change) are based out of an ancient Atlantean/Lemurian island in the south Pacific. Storm and regular Logan(resurrected), not a couple, lead Gambit, Marisol, Namor, Nature Girl, Prodigy, Magik. Guests include Cece, Sunfire, Magma, Manifold, and the other teams[reps] as necessary.

X-Calibur(mystical, adventure, fun) based in Muir Island. Nightcrawler and Rachel(dating) lead Bling, Pixie, Indra, Dust, Armor, Eyeboy, and Shark Girl or Loa. Guests include retired Brian and Meggan(and their baby?), Alistaire, Pete Wisdom from the old series, vs. Juggernaut/Cyttorak, and many other wider MU characters.

X-Force/X-Cess (military/industrial, violent, sexy) based in Madripoor. Emma and Forge lead, with opposition from DaCosta's AIM. Cast includes Cipher(a mole for Storm), Anole, X23(with Honey Badger if you must), Warpath, Mercury, Hellion(with hands regrown). Guests include Karma, Cypher, Sage, Val Cooper and a light sprinkle of Cable, Domino, Deadpool, Psylocke, Archangel cast in more business-oriented roles as appropriate.

Gen neXt(college, millennial). Piotr and Kitty(newly weds) lead Quentin, Oya, Morph, Hindsight, Monet(freed from Marius), Jubilee(cured, back to pafs), Husk(powers back in order, can still be a therapist or whatever), Transonic. Coordinating with Prodigy and Forge to actually change the world (PR/culture wars and physical tech/infrastructure creation). Quirky and offbeat, with cameos by Dazzler, Chamber(Shogo babysitter /Jube's boyo), Rictor and Shatty (in a open relationship with M?), a resurrected Zero, Hope, Boom Boom, etc, etc based in a LA office and/or the old Graymalkin Industries in Marin(San Fran).

In addition to the above teams(all X-Corporation factions), we have Haven's group in India(a seemingly benign new age cult with eventual, unforeseen, connections to Apocalypse, Selene, and the Adversary), and a Wakandan group(sanctioned by T'Challa, overseen by Storm, but led by Gentle, with several other Wakandan characters along with others not included elsewhere), and Magma has a group in the Andes as well(the MLF, a radical, but not exactly evil group, including any notable leftovers like Mondo, Wolfsbane, Tempo(I don't care, bring her back)).

Magneto will return to space in his new Asteroid M, with Mystique, Sabretooth, Bishop, Exodus, X(Charles in Fantomex's body), Voght, Havok, Polaris, Darwin, and any other remaining Acolytes/Brotherhooders(I don't care who you have to repower, resurrect). They will at times align or clash with the various X-Teams, but also have their own aims(could be another book). Rogue, Cannonball and Sunspot can stay with their Avengers teams for now(and Beast joins them), and make occasional appearances in these X-Books.

That's 5 distinct monthly team titles (packed to the gills but doable, just stop with this stupid decompression/full page for one panel thing). You can keep Deadpool doing whatever he does, and maybe a solo for Wolvie(Logan and all his brats can share one), but no one else. There's two more team books(X-Factor/FF and the Brotherhood/Asteroid M) that could spin off too, if you want more (and with the right writers/artists and reception, you can go biweekly as necessary).
    Wow! Tempo, Frenzy, Dust, Hellion with hands, Dani with powers, etc., etc.!

The problem I'd have with your amazing lineups and story seeds is that I'd have to spend so much money keeping up with all the greatness!

Which would be a great problem to have...

BANNED

If an X-Men comic doesn’t have U-Go Girl as the main character, why does it even exist? The mutant dream died with Edith Sawyer. Get out of my life if you disagree.

There a few I really like, like X-23 and Kitty. Anything they are in, I will read. Also Nightcrawler. And there are some that totally turn me off a book, like Gambit.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Same with me. Since the X-Men Schism, and then AvX, and finally EXM, ANAD X-MEN, DoX and IvX, I dropped 99% of the X books.
    I'll only buy if I have Cyclops, Emma or Magneto in it.
    Its like Marvel wanted me to save money...