View Poll Results: Should Bruce and Selina Tie the Knot?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay - I'm all for it

77 74.76%
  • Nay - I don't like it

19 18.45%
  • Couldn't Say - Haven't decided yet

7 6.80%
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Default Poll: Bat and Cat Tying the Knot. Thoughts?

I rather like the idea. I'm a romantic.
    Last edited by Old Man Ollie 1962; 12-28-2017 at 04:02 PM.

I like the idea. It's something new. Let's see where the story goes.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I'm not against the idea of a married Batman and Catwoman, or exploring the potential of that dynamic, but I also don't think they're heading to the altar for exactly the right reasons.

I'm all for it. The whole "Batman should never be happy!" bit has never sat well with me. Besides which, they were married in the Golden Age/Earth 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not against the idea of a married Batman and Catwoman, or exploring the potential of that dynamic, but I also don't think they're heading to the altar for exactly the right reasons.
    I could see them stopping the wedding and taking a step back from things. And then something happens, and brings them back together again, then they start to develop a more fully fledged relationship and then later down the line, when they get married, then it's the right reasons and timing. And then that's when you would see mostly everybody on board, including newer or N52 fans that don't really know their history as much.

I could totally see that happening.

Honestly, it's like I have said before. I will begin to believe that DC Comics is taking this seriously when it begins to bleed into the other comics. So far it hasn't so I don't know.

But would I like for it to happen? Sure, why not. All the stuff he does with Justice League and The Trinity, he can still do with having a wife.

And let's be real, Selina is not going to be running around thieving and stealing Cat art if she gets married to Bruce, lol!

I hate "Bat" and "Cat". I hate Tom King's "writing" on Batman.

That said, I would not object to Batman and Catwoman / Bruce & Selina being married. (But, dear lord, let a better writer handle them!)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I hate "Bat" and "Cat". I hate Tom King's "writing" on Batman.

That said, I would not object to Batman and Catwoman / Bruce & Selina being married. (But, dear lord, let a better writer handle them!)
    I’m curious. Who do you think would be a better writer to handle them? No shade to your question, just wondering.
    Last edited by WontonGirl; 12-28-2017 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    I’m curious. Who do you think would be a better writer to handle them? No shade to your question, just. wondering.
    Paul Dini. Ed Brubaker. The late, great, Darwyn Cooke.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Paul Dini. Ed Brubaker. The late, great, Darwyn Cooke.
    Can't use Cooke or Wein. They have passed on

Dini would have Zatanna as the Maid of Honor probably, LOL! He would put Harley as a Bridesmaid, that's for sure.

I read some old JLA stuff and I was SURPRISED that Morrison wrote them as an elderly couple once during his JLA run. Albeit it was an "virtual reality" version of them, I still was surprised.

Extraordinary Member

I feel they should go through with the wedding, and then if they want to break it up later, juts have them separate or divorce. It's not like that would be out of character for either of them.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I like the idea. It's something new. Let's see where the story goes.
    Seconded. While I'm not sure they are doing it for the right reasons I'd still like to see the possibility explored anyway.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    I’m curious. Who do you think would be a better writer to handle them? No shade to your question, just wondering.
    Not sure who would be a "better" writer for Batman these days. But I know who I don't want:
    Snyder
    Tynion
    Orlando
    Tomasi
    Bennett
    and definitely not King

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Not sure who would be a "better" writer for Batman these days. But I know who I don't want:
    Snyder
    Tynion
    Orlando
    Tomasi
    Bennett
    and definitely not King
    Got no problem with King. Synder's a damn fine writer. The rest on your list are pedestrian talent that occasionally rise above mediocrity.

Incredible Member

Brubaker, Loeb, Tomasi, Snyder, pretty much anyone other than King. Batman just isn’t a character that he gets.