Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Rumors: What to expect in May with the X-Men

There just rumors, but I believe them.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/01...l-comics-2018/

- Avengers/X-Men crossover. (weekly)
    - Cable will get a major push after Infinity Countdown is over.
    - The Hunt For Wolverine one-shot writers will be: Charles Soule (again), Matt Rosenberg, Ed Brisson, and Kelly Thompson. And the artists are: Mike Deodato, Ryan Stegman, and Carlos Pacheco.
    - Weapon X will have a major character shake-up.

The group shot that Jim Cheung keeps teasing in his Instagram will probably be that crossover. I wonder what books are getting this crossover and the creative team as well.
    It's about time that Cable is getting a push. I know is because of Deadpool 2, but I don't care, the fact he's getting a push is good enough for me.
    I'm okay with these writers writing Logan.
    Weapon X needs more than just a shake-up. IMO.

BANNED

Avengers/X-Men crossover. (weekly)
    Please no...

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

In the next year's Avengers vs X-MEN: Enter Cool Subtitle Here will keep happening in prep for the inevitable movie title.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Greg Hack said on twitter that Weapon X would have a status quo change / surprise coming after the Creed vs. Logan fight. I hope the change is Sabretooth leaving and going to another writer. Then bringing in another character that's gonna replace him, which'll be the big surprise.

Far as writers for Wolverine Hunt. Soule doesn't seem too bad. I did like some of his stuff in DoW. Ed Brisson I am confident in. Rosenberg is the one I am not thrilled with if he writes anything with Creed. If not, then I don't care. Kelly Thompson is an interesting one. Be interesting to see what she brings to the series.

Not surprised with Cable. Both he & Domino will be getting extra push with Deadpool 2 coming soon.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 01-26-2018 at 09:36 PM.

BANNED

X-Men vs Avengers: Now It's Our Turn

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    There just rumors, but I believe them.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/01...l-comics-2018/

- Avengers/X-Men crossover. (weekly)

Astonishing Member

This is a solid meh. Wepond x needs a complet relaunch and rebranding not a roster change.

What if AvX 2 actually has the same theme as the original, because Jean gets to keep the Phoenix at the end of Phoenix Resurrection?... I wouldn't even mind it being bad and repetitive lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    X-Men vs Avengers: Now It's Our Turn
    Yeah, X-Men win now! We beat the Inhumans in sales, now we'll beat the avengers on paper and be the Kings of marvel again! THE 90S WILL BE BACK BABY!

From the wording it sounds like it'll be more of an Avengers/X-Men team-up then a rehash of AvX, but I can't say I care for yet another weekly event so soon after No Surrender.

Yeah, I guess that makes more sense. If that pic by Cheung is about that, they're on the same side. But I still think it could be a relaunch thing. It has Luke and Jessica on it, that would be representing Defenders. Or they could just be back on the Avengers lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    From the wording it sounds like it'll be more of an Avengers/X-Men team-up then a rehash of AvX, but I can't say I care for yet another weekly event so soon after No Surrender.
    I'd hope so. I'm sick of all the Hero vs. Hero events.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Yeah, X-Men win now! We beat the Inhumans in sales, now we'll beat the avengers on paper and be the Kings of marvel again! THE 90S WILL BE BACK BABY!
    But the X-Men already beat the Avengers on the first AvX.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    But the X-Men already beat the Avengers on the first AvX.
    The X-Men were torn to pieces after that and never recovered... That's not a victory, plus the terrigen fart happened

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    What if AvX 2 actually has the same theme as the original, because Jean gets to keep the Phoenix at the end of Phoenix Resurrection?... I wouldn't even mind it being bad and repetitive lol.
    You mean if they weren't being hypocrites? That would be slightly more interesting.