Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bafflement View Post
    One of the worst periods of X-history.
    Consigning, it started out ok but nosedived quickly. It cemented that the X-men has some racism issues.
    Last edited by Chaos Reigns; 01-07-2018 at 04:21 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

Hope was not worth this ****.
    Yeah, It was very out of character. I know Bishop was like that when he first met Gambit, but he laid off and became good friends with Gambit, but no this baby has to die right now wtf ? Bishop became a psycho overnight.

I’m pretty sure Nightcrawler knocked exodus out if I remeber correctly when he dropped him off

Quote Originally Posted by hartttt View Post
    Among the very best. A top 10.
    Agreed. Admittedly the middle (Messiah War) wasn’t as strong as the beginning (Messiah Complex) or end (Second Coming), but man I really enjoyed the Cable series with him raising Hope in the future that took place between those book ends!

IMHO no X-Men event has surpassed Second Coming since it's come out. Every chapter was epic in proportions and had real stakes.

Plus, besides a few cameos in AvX, this is the last event that the New X-Men really felt important in.

Astonishing Member

I liked the X-Factor tie in most. I hate sidekicks and little kids in comics but Layla was very good somehow.

Fantastic Member

Excellent. Messiah War was a kinda meh, but certainly better than AvX as a third for the trilogy. Messiah CompleX and Second Coming just had a "movie story" feel to them. Like the issues before were the tv episodes, and this was the epic done on the big screen.
    I am a big fan of General Cyclops though, so that certainly helps. But as others have said, it really tied together all the ongoing series and characters into a cohesive story. something that hasn't been done since.

As background, I officially started reading comics in the middle of AvX. While I enjoy Hope as a character, I didn't have to endure this story line for years, I got to read it all after the fact, so that may have made it easier to swallow/more enjoyable. The Cable series of him raising Hope in the future at the same time was also really good. As long as you can get behind the Bishop character change.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I never considered these 3 stories to be part of a trilogy tbh but Second Coming was my favourite.

Messiah War was Cable vs. X-Force, right? That was crap.

Total adrenaline pumping, page turner that left (imho) most of us racing to the message boards to discuss --and for a change, it was to express our enthusiasm rather than our disapproval.

Like any event, it had a few wtf moments but overall I would say it is easily the most "OMG!" event for the X-Line in quite some time. The RACE factor (rushing, not skin color) was so AMPED and it never really let up. Every subsequent issue posed another HOLY JEEZUS obstacle or loss or spin. I adore it.

Great potential with little payoff. I hated that it failed to resolve the problem it was built upon.The X-gene should have been restored in all depowered mutants and Hope's true identity and link to the PF should have been revealed. As it stands, AvX stands as the true conclusion to all of this and that sours it

One of the best stories told

Messiah complex was great. It saddens me that Rogue slept through most of it, but the story itself and events were very well done

Messiah war was good, not as good as complex but still a great read

Second coming was absolutely FANTASTIC. Best x-story in a very long time. Does hope suck now? Yes, but she did kick start the rebirth of new mutants and deliver to us one hell of an amazing story.

Quote Originally Posted by planetxmen View Post
    Messiah Complex is contender for one of the best x-stories of all time.
    Second Coming is REALLY good.
    Messiah War is a turd.
    Yeah, that pretty much sums it up for me.
    Over all, I felt really sad for Bishop's turn (he's a favorite) and Hope was really just another of the X-Men's many annoying plot devices characters. Doesn't take away from it being a great read, though.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 01-08-2018 at 09:29 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Messiah War was Cable vs. X-Force, right? That was crap.
    It was more of Cable & X-Force (and Deadpool !?) vs Bishop and/vs Stryfe vs Apocalypse

I liked the whole era in general. Cyclops being the leader, wolverine running x-force, cable raising hope in the future, pad's x-factor and zeb wells new mutants.