Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Does Marvel Plans A New Relaunch?

Jim Cheung just teased something really interesting on Twitter.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/01...rvel-relaunch/

Spectacular Member

Yeah probably a new branding like Marvel Now 2.0 and Legacy, with some books sticking around, some changing creative teams and some new series getting introduced.

Jean Grey, Iceman, Generation X, Luke Cage, Defenders, She-Hulk, America, Gwenpool, Royals and Secret Warriors are all cancelled/ending so definitely feels like spring cleaning. Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Man, Invincible Iron Man, Jessica Jones and Cable are all getting creative team changes. Avengers: No Surrender is shaking up the Avengers books. We have some new series coming up announced X-Men: Red, Domino and Exiles. So definitely feels like a new branding is coming up.
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.

It definitely looks like Cheung is going to be drawing the key image for whatever initiative is coming after Legacy.

We know Avengers will get a shakeup soon after the weekly book and this looks like an Avengers image. We also have a second RessurXion phase coming soon, the marketing machine always rolls on. Doubt it means a lot more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    We know Avengers will get a shakeup soon after the weekly book and this looks like an Avengers image. We also have a second RessurXion phase coming soon, the marketing machine always rolls on. Doubt it means a lot more than that.
    They're probably still gonna hype it up anyway. Marvel Now 2.0 wasn't much either, and Marvel still made a big deal about it. And then Legacy has been on for some months already, and the only thing to happen at this time was some numbering changes and Legacy themed arcs.

I just hope the rollout for this initiative is better then how Marvel handled Legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Jean and Gambit are on it, it's not an Avengers specific image.

Minerboh, it's Instagram, not Twitter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Jean and Gambit are on it, it's not an Avengers specific image.

Minerboh, it's Instagram, not Twitter.
    Ι am sorry. I am confused the platforms many times in the past.

Aren't relaunches basically just Marvel announcing their next year's worth of comics these days? I've only gotten into comics a few years ago (and I follow only a handful of titles -- a lot of them B or C-listers) and I'm already pretty much "meh" to Marvel relaunch announcements.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Eh, I'm not sure they would do a rebranding so soon after Marvel Legacy. The rebrandings usually take place late in the year, around October. I think this might be just a promotional image for the next line of books coming up, but still under the Marvel Legacy banner. If it wasn't for Gambit, I'd bet it was one single image for the new main Avengers roster.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Aren't relaunches basically just Marvel announcing their next year's worth of comics these days? I've only gotten into comics a few years ago (and I follow only a handful of titles -- a lot of them B or C-listers) and I'm already pretty much "meh" to Marvel relaunch announcements.
    Pretty much. It’s just a lineup, which is fine with me.

Marvel tends to be a bit overenthusiastic and make it out to be more than it actually is (the whole Divided We Fall theme during Marvel Now 2.0). Meanwhile fans tend to be over expecting or easily disappointed. But it’s what you said, it’s just a slate.
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.

Yes. There has been a pattern for a number of years. Around Dec-Feb there is a slow gearing up to the summer. We would usually see hints and teases about something coming around this time. The difference is we are not expecting a summer event this year so we may see a slightly different approach.

As someone that is already familiar with Marvel books you are not really the target audience for these marketing campaigns and the way the press handle them always means they get a little overhyped and people start expecting massive changes.

I didn't really expect ANAD / Now2 / Legacy to be huge shifts and I am even more certain a new EIC isn't going to rush into a sweeping change.

Still the biggest change has been Now. That change set the pattern for everything we have seen over the last few years. Even ANAD with its notorious suggestions that the universe was now totally different was just marketing surrounding an already changed editorial approach that was instigated by Now.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 01-07-2018 at 04:43 AM.

Astonishing Member

Same here

I've found they mean almost nothing nowadays for me

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

For those who don't want to click on a BleedingCool link, the basic thing here is Jim Cheung is teasing artwork of a bunch of different heroes standing together, which is similar to previous posters for announcements of Relaunches. They're speculating that it might be this while acknowledging it could be something else.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Lots of titles are approaching new relaunch periods, X-Men with Phoenix, Inhumans post-judgement day, Miles Morales dropping his title, Daredevil reaching 600, etc plus loads of cancellations,

Seems like a natural place for a line wide relaunch point.