View Poll Results: Would you like to see an Avengers v X-Men MCU movie ?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 19.44%
  • No

58 80.56%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

I don’t really hate AvX as much as most so I don’t really mind seeing it on the screen.

No!

I want to see heroes fighting villains not each other. We have enough Heroes Vs heroes fights in the comics thank you.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

No not if they use the comic book story. Now if they redo Ms. Marvel and Rogue first encounter and turn that into a more character focused battle and clash between the 2 groups count me in.

This.

It would be better to have adaptations of other things. There are so many years of great stories that they don't have to rely on battles.

Unless. . . . Contest of Champions?

Now I'm pinning most of hopes on the idea that with aging actors, expired contracts and some sense of "dead-ends" in terms of the current thrust of Infinity/Stones, perhaps

the relaunch starts or very soon has a cosmic movie that replicates C of C. Shake it up by not having it be the Collector or the Grand Master (or go for more serious actors/acting as in menacing, in those roles - I love Benicio and Jeff Goldblum, but to some degree they come across as not quite total villains)

be the one in charge of the games.

In fact you could do this more like Secret Wars, captured, etc. But I would like less MAJOR cosmic unbalance (which is what the Beyonder brings), but maybe more vignettes with various characters, taking advantage of Marvel's vast Universe:

a Thing vs Hulk battle, but set in the past or a planet with dinosaurs and no humans.

Invisible Woman vs Scarlet Witch on a strange planet with gravity fluctuations or other weird physics.

Colossus vs Iron Man vs Magneto in a world to close to its sun, so dangerous-hot.

(obviously off the top of my head)

Extraordinary Member

If this is just a title meant to sell some tickets and the actual stories have more heart to it then I will be fine.
    Then again an AaX movie could just create just as much hype.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Only if they were MCU X-Men, not the Fox X-Men.

That's why I think the whole thing favors a total relaunch with new actors, mostly. So... wait until contracts expire and actors wish to move on - - not very long actually, possibly less than 2 years.

It is possible that some actors and their roles may move over with the reboot, but any older/slightly actor of some amount of importance would/should move on and let that role be re-cast.

We really wouldn't want any of the most recent FF actors to reprise their roles with Disney, would we?

BANNED

Hell no. I don't even want to see it in the comics.

I'm fine with Avengers vs X-men as long as it's not an adaption of AVX. That really wasn't that great of a storyline and needs far too much set-up to work.

Just go the classic model. The team meet, fight over a misunderstanding, then team-up to fight the real badguy.

Setting things up wehre the X-men go after Stark because somebody planted evidence that links him to the sentinels creation could be a good start.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

No, because I don't think the themes of the X-Men don't fit with the tone of the MCU. It's too meta, and would take away from the seriousness of you know....persecution, and discrimination....

BANNED

No but it’s going to happen and I’m sure people will pine for the trappings of the X-Men hayday where they ruled over everything

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

I think they'd have to establish so much before they can do this: the Scarlet Witch has reality warping powers, Jean Grey dies, Hope is the messiah, the X-Men and Avengers are friends yet cautious of each other, etc. It seems like too much. If they leave anything out, it wouldn't work.

Plus, I hate seeing heros fight for the sake of it. They should be friends first if anything. They'd be better off with an Onslaught type story. However, after Thanos and Infinity War, it will be difficult to top the next "bad guy."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I think they'd have to establish so much before they can do this: the Scarlet Witch has reality warping powers, Jean Grey dies, Hope is the messiah, the X-Men and Avengers are friends yet cautious of each other, etc. It seems like too much. If they leave anything out, it wouldn't work.
    It didn't work on any level with all of those things in it either.

But I think what is meant is just the basic concept of a story where, for whatever reason, the Avengers and the X-Men get into a fight. Not so much a literal adaption of AvX.

Astonishing Member

As somebody that enjoyed the comic book story of Avengers vs X-Men and the spin off comic books as well,to have that event in a MCU movie would be cool.

keep them separate for now. the overall "theme" of how to incorporate mutants in the MCU needs to be well thought out before it is done. Where do Sentinels fit in? What about anti-mutant sentiment and laws? How "mainstream" and "public" are mutants? How do they fit in with "Inhumans"?