Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Or maybe because Betsy isn't a blonde lady he just forgot that she was Brian's sister...
    Actually (unless I misunderstood your jest), Betsy was originally a natural blonde when she was sporting her British body.

Ultimate Member

That was the point, I know that she was originally blonde, just that she isn't now so maybe the writer got confused...

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    I imagine writing comics is a tough, competitive field to break into. Not a good idea to turn down work. At least now she has this on her resume.
    Especially if you're a female writer.

Sigh* So all the important things that Brian learned in JIM's story line with kid Loki and all that was a waste? And the whole school thing, and everything just gone? Really? I would like to think that this is a few Fey coming over and pretending to be them while they hang back in Other world with their kid.

Regarding the Besty thing. I'm assuming that, unless it's important to the story with Psylock in it, or the time line happened earlier in her book, we won't see a mention. However I do think that at the very least something like "Oh Bess came by a few weeks ago" or something would have worked to at least show she came in to see her. Or that she called or is going to stop by for a visit. But again, it seems to be St. Kitty's show right now. *sighs* and I like Kitty a lot pre gold.

Looks very promising. I look forward to checking this out. I've always had a soft spot for annuals. They've often provided simple, streamlined stories that find a way to satisfy. I hope this one does just that.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

X-Men Gold Annual isn't in the Vol 4 trade, which is where I thought it would be.

It should be in Vol 5 then, which is yet to be released, but it is not in the description of either Amazon, or the solicitations.

It's definitely not in vol 6, as that will include the Wedding Special.

So, do you guys think it's possible Marvel left this annual out of all the trades? I don't remember that ever happening, or could the description for vol 5 just be wrong?

Marvel said it wouldn’t be in either because of poor sales.

Spectacular Member comradepitrovsky's Avatar

That's a shame.

That Alan Davis cover deserved to be on an enormous poster, too.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by comradepitrovsky View Post
    That's a shame.

It's a shame that his cover is associated with that train wreck of a story. I am sad this thread reminded me that it existed because everyone was written so poorly in it.

Sales werent even that bad. It did just about what Gold did for that month which wasnt too shabby considering it was an annual

Quote Originally Posted by comradepitrovsky View Post
    That's a shame.

I have a graded copy at 9.8. That’s how great it is.

BANNED

We should forget this horrible annual ever existed, if only to diminish the chances of this writer ever being in charge of an Excalibur relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfPsylocke View Post
    Marvel said it wouldn’t be in either because of poor sales.
    Thanks for the reply. Do you have a link or source for that info though? I've looked all over for confirmation and can't find it. It would really be a first for an annual not to be collected, and it would really upset me, as I can't buy single issues in Brazil.

Poor sales are a strange reason for leaving an issue out of a trade, as there are trades made entirely of poor selling issues out there!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    We should forget this horrible annual ever existed, if only to diminish the chances of this writer ever being in charge of an Excalibur relaunch.
    X-Men Gold is an Excalibur relaunch minus Captain Britain and his mrs.

The original Excalibur was successful mainly because of Alan Davis, his art (and humor) is truly awesome.

I was the one of the many who was hooked at first.

After he left, sales went downhill.
    Last edited by jalsrix; 05-07-2018 at 11:35 PM.