Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hope the issue resolved the continuity error of giving Rachel Jeans storyline from Claremonts revolution

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Hope the issue resolved the continuity error of giving Rachel Jeans storyline from Claremonts revolution
    I hope it didn't. I think it's hilarious. Just imagine if people actually go and check the issue like the book suggests them to, then they go and Rachel isn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I hope it didn't. I think it's hilarious. Just imagine if people actually go and check the issue like the book suggests them to, then they go and Rachel isn't there.
    Wasn't Guggenheim One True Fan-ing someone in the letters pages with his deep knowledge of X-Men continuity last month?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Wasn't Guggenheim One True Fan-ing someone in the letters pages with his deep knowledge of X-Men continuity last month?
    He did that too when he claimed that as the Biggest Kitty Fan, he never found any queer subtext in her appearances.

Well even the editors believed on him haha

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    He did that too when he claimed that as the Biggest Kitty Fan, he never found any queer subtext in her appearances.
    Yep, I fdon't even know how to talk about Guggs without mocking him. The writer doesn't really know continuity but thinks he is the x-men continuity master® and thinks Kitty is superstraight. Claremont almost made Rachel and Kitty a couple, and there is hints of Magik and Kitty all over too.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    So why did no one know about the pregnancy until thr baby was already born? Why was there no trace of Psylocke whatsoever? Current writers just dont seem to go beyond surface level continuity.
    Usually there would be a scene of Psylocke getting a call and telling the others but character interaction is so poor in modern comics.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think Brian and Meggan need to worry about a baby holding them back .
    Yeah. They could hardly be held back more than they are being.

As for no one knowing about the pregnancy, maybe the pregnancy was just as speedy as the baby's growth is being? Kinda confused about the review. Is the baby now 3 months old or did it rapidly grow to the equivalent of 3 months? If the former, then why did it take them 3 months to tell anyone about it? Were they hanging in Otherworld for 3 months?
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Was it expressly said that Psylocke hadn't seen the kid? Not every character has to show up at the exact same moment.

Ultimate Member

Well they wouldn't have to show her interacting but Brian or Meggan could have just as easily said that Betsy had already visited and go that way...then again if Betsy knew that she was an aunt you'd think that she'd tell people...

Exactly! If Betsy knew then others would have known. Unless Psylocke kept it to herself but the issue shows it as a big thing rather than a seperate reveal to the others.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

With regard to the review itself, it sounds like Guggenheim is ignoring any character development other writers have given Meggan and Brian over the years in favor of nostalgia. So, co-writer on board or not, I'll not be picking this up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    If the character:
    - isn’t Kitty
    - isn’t engaged to Kitty
    - hasn’t slept with Kitty
    ...then my guess is no. Judging by the way he writes the rest of the Gold team I’m pretty sure he thinks they’re just rumours.
    SNAPPED.

and that's the tea on that.

So, co-writer on board or not, I'll not be picking this up.
    Poor Leah Williams. I can only picture being a co-writer on Guggenheim’s book as being like a passenger in a speeding car where the driver suddenly detaches the steering wheel and hands it to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Poor Leah Williams. I can only picture being a co-writer on Guggenheim’s book as being like a passenger in a speeding car where the driver suddenly detaches the steering wheel and hands it to you.
    She could've said no.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    She could've said no.
    I imagine writing comics is a tough, competitive field to break into. Not a good idea to turn down work. At least now she has this on her resume.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.