Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    How many casual new readers understand that though
    They don't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Better than new readers never trying X-Men at all

They'll think the X-Men have only ever been about the Phoenix.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    They don't exist.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

They'll think the X-Men have only ever been about the Phoenix.
    Any different then everyone thinking it's just about Wolverine?

With new readers it just matters they try it imo.

Rogue, Gambit, Jubilee are the real X-MEN over Iceman, Colossus, Nightcrawler to casuals who watched TAS

Bishop should've been the time traveler in DoFP according to casuals

Cyclops & Storm are weak and not cool and Wolverine is the leader if you just saw the movies before reading.

Comics are a niche market we shouldn't turn our noise up to anyone who actually wants to try this crazy X-MEN franchise.
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 01-07-2018 at 09:47 AM.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Any different then everyone thinking it's just about Wolverine?

With new readers it just matters they try it imo.

Rogue, Gambit, Jubilee are the real X-MEN over Iceman, Colossus, Nightcrawler to casuals who watched TAS

Bishop should've been the time traveler in DoFP according to casuals

Cyclops & Storm are weak and not cool and Wolverine is the leader if you just saw the movies before reading.

Comics are a niche market we shouldn't turn our noise up to anyone who actually wants to try this crazy X-MEN franchise.
    All of 37 people came to actually reading the comics from the movies. Let's be real. The industry is shrinking, but the vast majority of the remaining market represents old school fans still chugging along rather than an entirely new readership.

All of 37 people came to actually reading the comics from the movies. Let's be real.
    TAS had huge impact on X-Men comic fanbase and influenced what ppl thought about XMEN. If you don't wanna credit movies (which without X1 most of the new X-Men kids would have never been created).
    Singer made the mansion a home for hundreds and that was adapted in the books. A good change imo

The industry is shrinking, but the vast majority of the remaining market represents old school fans still chugging along rather than an entirely new readership.

Kinda explains the get off my lawn mentality ppl have about old X-MEN comics. Most of us weren't even alive in 60-80s.

Today's time things come and go because so much new stuff comes out every Wednesday. Grand Design isn't gonna make 616 stuff irrelevant... It's just another in the list of X-Men retellings.
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 01-07-2018 at 10:01 AM.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

I dunno, but I have a sneaky suspicion that Cyclops fans would be fuming at the idea that she'd hook up with another man that wasn't Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I dunno, but I have a sneaky suspicion that Cyclops fans would be fuming at the idea that she'd hook up with another man that wasn't Scott.
    They alerady call her names with Cyclops being the only man on her life.

TAS had huge impact on X-Men comic fanbase and influenced what ppl thought about XMEN. If you don't wanna credit movies (which without X1 most of the new X-Men kids would have never been created).
    Singer made the mansion a home for hundreds and that was adapted in the books. A good change imo
    TAS did, yes. 25 years ago.

But the movies have not. Personally, I find Singer going out of his way in filling his mansion with dozens of undeveloped children to be a deeply troubling thought, and I would say it has been a detriment to the comics(where the teen characters now do indeed number in the dozens, so much so that you can blow up a whole bus full and still have many more left rotting, unused) as well.

Incredible Member

In the original canon, from the original books? Not a chance.

TAS did, yes. 25 years ago.

But the movies have not. Personally, I find Singer going out of his way in filling his mansion with dozens of undeveloped children to be a deeply troubling thought, and I would say it has been a detriment to the comics(where the teen characters now do indeed number in the dozens, so much so that you can blow up a whole bus full and still have many more left rotting, unused) as well.
    Evo had impact too imo alot here swear by it or it was their gateway judging by that versus thread.

I'll agree to disagree on this I'd rather a character go unused then never be created at all. They'll get use later on when the late 30s, 40s 50etc year old writer get off the books for the young writers.

Same with last generation writers hating on cable Deadpool Gambit etc

Everyobody is somebody favorite even if they aren't yours or mine

I don't see the bad here. Out of all the new X-Men children created since 2000, only X-23 is anything worth a damn. Besides all those damn kids running around the mansion with no home training forced the X-Men to become actual classroom teaching school teachers(which I hated).

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Good for Jean. I for one am glad she got out of that mutant ghetto and met a hunk. I would prefer if she had converted to wicca and met a nice lady, but at least for a time she wasn't surrounded by level-1 mutants trying (or pretending to try) to breed with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I don't see the bad here.
    It allowed the X-MEN to actually have diversity finally

BANNED

Ted from accounting?