Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    If we are just limiting it to live action movie characters then the Christopher Reeve Superman. He could even manipulate time. So if he lost, he could just keep turning back time until he found a way to win.
    I don't think even God has been shown to turn back time in a movie. Has Q ever been in a movie?
    In the Indian remake of Bruce Almighty, God did turn back time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    George Burns as God.
    Interesting character, but I don't remember any particularly amazing feats. Anything particularly impressive?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Seems like Lucy from the film Lucy might fit onto the list somewhere.

She is at "Ridiculous" and shifting gears upwards as the film closes.
    Maybe. She's not cosmic reality warper level.

But she's also not as powerful as one of the Marvel/DC bricks as per her feats in the movies (IIRC), or say, Hancock. So there's like, 20 or so people you can immediately put above her.

If we are just limiting it to live action movie characters then the Christopher Reeve Superman. He could even manipulate time. So if he lost, he could just keep turning back time until he found a way to win.
    I don't think even God has been shown to turn back time in a movie. Has Q ever been in a movie?
    The previously mentioned Simon Pegg character has done so.

Reeves Superman beats him (and 99.999% of movie characters) by speedblitz though, so there's that.

There have been several Star Trek films I believe. Not sure on Q's feats from these movies.
    Last edited by Sol_M; 01-10-2018 at 06:17 AM.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    There have been several Star Trek films I believe. Not sure on Q's feats from these movies.
    AFAIK He's not in any of them.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Q isn't in any movies.

Freddy and the Wishmaster are pretty high up there due to being nigh unkillable (except by magic and mayyyyybe psychics) and being reality warpers. Dr Manhattan due to being intagible if he wants and matter manipulation. Pinhead due to also being sometimes intangible and having a weapon that directly grabs souls. Maybe Dormammu; can't remember if he had any feats.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    Q isn't in any movies.

Freddy and the Wishmaster are pretty high up there due to being nigh unkillable (except by magic and mayyyyybe psychics) and being reality warpers. Dr Manhattan due to being intagible if he wants and matter manipulation. Pinhead due to also being sometimes intangible and having a weapon that directly grabs souls. Maybe Dormammu; can't remember if he had any feats.
    The Dorm's big thing was presentation in the movie. That's about it. For feats, Furnace Face basically murdered Strange a whole bunch of times and was starting to change the universe into a Dark Dimension.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Heh, for the sake of checking out feats for this thread, I have browsed through clips of so many old movies.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    AFAIK He's not in any of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    Q isn't in any movies.
    Really, all those movies and zero Q appearances? That's actually mildly sad.

Ooh, Wishmaster, yes.

Manhattan can't be killed by most things though I'm not sure if he's transmuted anything in the movies. I guess he'd be just a tier below the outright reality warpers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    The Dorm's big thing was presentation in the movie. That's about it. For feats, Furnace Face basically murdered Strange a whole bunch of times and was starting to change the universe into a Dark Dimension.
    Haven't watched the movies (were they good?). What did murdering Strange entail? Anything noteworthy, feat-wise?

Dr. Manhattan could use transmutation. I don't remember a clear feat, but the Comedian said he could have turned his gun into snowflakes.

Oh actually, he did make his glass castle on mars seemingly out of the soil
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

BANNED

Gonna order this and see how ridiculous things get.

Nope. Q has never been in any of the movies.

I don't know if any of the movies with "God" as a character have shown him able to manipulate time. I suppose by default they assume he knows everything that has or ever will happen OR just exists in a story setting where nobody can time travel. Even if we invoke stuff like "The Ten Commandments" or various Jesus movies but are restricted to actual feats in the movie, there are other characters that have far better feats.

The Star Trek movies have also stayed away from all-powerful aliens.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Oh cool you did see Doctor Strange now Sharp. What did you think? I asked you about it a while ago but you hadn't seen it yet

Fantastic Member Red Robe Jaldari's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post

Gonna order this and see how ridiculous things get.
    Tame compared to South Indian action movies.

Chuck and Amara from Supernatural definitely qualify.

EDIT: I was wrong, they don't qualify because they're TV characters. Oops. I misread the OP.
    Last edited by Tomzilla; 01-11-2018 at 03:15 PM.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

The newish Monkey King movies give Wukong most of his book feats, so yeah he's probably a pretty solid contender. Unkillable class 100 flying brick with a mjolnir class weapon and tons and tons of ridiculous magic.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    The newish Monkey King movies give Wukong most of his book feats, so yeah he's probably a pretty solid contender. Unkillable class 100 flying brick with a mjolnir class weapon and tons and tons of ridiculous magic.
    That would make him the physically strongest character in movies short of Reeves/Routh Superman.

So yeah, in a battle exclusing non-reality warpers and telepaths, he's at the top.

Actually, in a physical fight (Since reality warpers are hard to rank anyway), I'm not sure what comes after Wukong.

It's basically:

1) Reeves Superman
    2) Routh Superman
    3) MCU Surtur
    4) Sun Wukong
    5) Cavill Superman
    6) Eric Bana Hulk
    7) ...MCU Hela?
    8) Rune King Thor?
    9) Doomsday?
    10) Hancock?

I think that's how the ranking goes in a straight up Rumbles fight, but I could be wrong. Can't think of anyone else who might be on that list.

Fox Quicksilver and like are hella fast, but can't really hurt the people above.
    Last edited by Sol_M; 01-13-2018 at 01:47 PM.