Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Cut Cyborg for sure. He can't maintain a solo comic. I'd be surprised if that becomes another Ant-Man or Guardians of the Galaxy (which both succeeded in spite of their comics, Scott didn't have one at the time and GOTG had been cancelled, both got new books before their movies which have since gone). More likely to be another Fant4stic.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    AX Cyborg-because he never stood a chance anyway because of the JL controversy.

No Flashpoint lets get away from the Johns inspired universe.

Batman-lets give him a rest (until 2025)

Superman 2-see Batman

No Justice League 2

DC needs to act like they don't have the rights to Batman & Superman and finally be FORCE to invest in others. It worked with WW and it will work with Aquaman.

Lets cut the budgets and stop spending money because we can.

Lets see Firestorm (Ronnie/Jason- two guys who can't get along forced to work together)

Mr Terrific

Doom Patrol (original version)

I know I said no Batman but why not Batman and Nightwing ? Not to focus on Batman but show him developing a new hero not a sidekick.
    Notice that I changed 4 of your comments but I basically agree with this list. I should have emboldened the " stop spending money for the sake of spending money " because you are right on the mark.

Fast Track
    Flashpoint (but I hope it's more Flash centric than comic/animated Flashpoint were)
    Batgirl (featuring Poison Ivy)
    Batman (featuring Catwoman)
    Gotham City Sirens (having established all three Sirens in the DCEU before hand)
    Man of Steel 2

Cancel
    Joker origin movie
    Harley & Joker movie
    Black Adam (Even though Suicide Squad 2 is not on my fast track, I'm sure it is the most guaranteed film after Aquaman/Shazam/Wonder Woman 2 and will feature Black Adam, so that's enough for him for the time being)
    Booster Gold
    Deathstroke (For the time being he can appear in the Batman film, then Justice League 2 and later potentially Nightwing and a Teen Titans film)
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 01-07-2018 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    I think DC has only three that are a good bet to make money. And they need to keep the budgets down on them.

Suicide Squad 2
    The Batman
    Man of Steel 2

It would also be nice if they could get scripts written for them that might win some critical acclaim.
    As Wonder Woman and to some extent Suicide Squad showed, DC's biggest strength over Marvel is their female characters, so Gotham City Sirens and Batgirl are moneymakers too (though obviously with your conditions attached). But I'm not sure if Joss Whedon and David Ayer are really the directors for these films.

Man of Steel and Green Lantern Corps tied for first
    Harley and Joker is last

Suicide Squad Two -1
    The Batman 4
    Flashpoint -4
    Man of Steel Two 7
    Justice League Two 0
    Cyborg -6
    Green Lantern Corps 7
    Justice League Dark 0
    Gotham City Sirens -1
    Harley and Joker -9
    Batgirl 2
    Nightwing 3
    Deathstroke -5
    Black Adam -3
    Booster Gold 3

Why haven't you included that Joker origin film? I'm sure that will be competing with Harley & Joker for last if people were allowed to vote (against) it.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Why haven't you included that Joker origin film? I'm sure that will be competing with Harley & Joker for last if people were allowed to vote (against) it.
    In my opening post, I explained I was focusing on movies that were in continuity. The initial list that people chose from didn't include it so adding it now won't accurately reflect the results anyway. Also, I know I accidentally missed the stand-alone Harley Quinn movie (maybe because she already has 4 other movies on the list!). That was an oversight but I'm keeping it out because it was not there to choose from for most who already voted.

Astonishing Member

I'd cancel Flashpoint but fast track another Flash movie. I don't see the appeal of Flashpoint changing Barry's universe when we really have no idea what it is like unchanged. But we do need some development of the Flash character if we ever want to have a Justice League sequel that isn't just spending time fleshing out the characters who don't have prior feature films.

By the same logic I'd cancel Suicide Squad 2 until we get movies to flesh out some of the bad guys. Not sure we need Harley fleshed out further though so Sirens or Harley/Joker are closer to cancel than fast track, but more likely to just be left to be developed if there is a slot to fill in the schedule. I'd fast track Deathstroke and try to use that to lay some background with it for a Task Force X/villain community to use in the eventual Suicide Squad 2 down the line.

I'd reluctantly fast-track The Batman because I think you need to deal with establishing Bruce before trying to expand the Gotham/Bat arena. And reluctantly cancel batgirl as I think until we set up that section of the DCEU any Batgirl concept needs to wait and Nightwing would be a better way to build out (unless we radically shift so Batgirl replaces Dick Grayson as the 1st sidekick Bruce had).

Justice League Dark gets cancelled on general principles. With the actual Justice League barely established I'd question the logic of an expansion team= especially one with so different a genre- plus magic was the worse part of Suicide Squad so I think we need to work out better uses on film before bringing it in as a tentpole.

I'd fast track Cyborg and along with the above mentioned non-Flashpoint Flash movie use it to build up to the fast tracked Justice League 2 which would be planned for release after the individual members had been given their own solo movies (Aquaman, The Batman, Cyborg, Flash, plus Wonder Woman 2)

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I think at this point the best bet for the WB/DC is to do two movies a year. Do one big budget blockbuster (100-150 million) and one mid/low budget (30-60 million).

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    I'd cancel Flashpoint but fast track another Flash movie. I don't see the appeal of Flashpoint changing Barry's universe when we really have no idea what it is like unchanged. But we do need some development of the Flash character if we ever want to have a Justice League sequel that isn't just spending time fleshing out the characters who don't have prior feature films.

By the same logic I'd cancel Suicide Squad 2 until we get movies to flesh out some of the bad guys. Not sure we need Harley fleshed out further though so Sirens or Harley/Joker are closer to cancel than fast track, but more likely to just be left to be developed if there is a slot to fill in the schedule. I'd fast track Deathstroke and try to use that to lay some background with it for a Task Force X/villain community to use in the eventual Suicide Squad 2 down the line.

I'd reluctantly fast-track The Batman because I think you need to deal with establishing Bruce before trying to expand the Gotham/Bat arena. And reluctantly cancel batgirl as I think until we set up that section of the DCEU any Batgirl concept needs to wait and Nightwing would be a better way to build out (unless we radically shift so Batgirl replaces Dick Grayson as the 1st sidekick Bruce had).

Justice League Dark gets cancelled on general principles. With the actual Justice League barely established I'd question the logic of an expansion team= especially one with so different a genre- plus magic was the worse part of Suicide Squad so I think we need to work out better uses on film before bringing it in as a tentpole.

I'd fast track Cyborg and along with the above mentioned non-Flashpoint Flash movie use it to build up to the fast tracked Justice League 2 which would be planned for release after the individual members had been given their own solo movies (Aquaman, The Batman, Cyborg, Flash, plus Wonder Woman 2)
    So I can properly add in your contribution:
    Cancel:
    Flashpoint
    SS2
    Batgirl
    JLDark
    Fast track:
    The Batman
    Cyborg
    JL2

Sorry, I can't include the Flash on its own in my results but I totally agree with your thoughts. A Flash movie should not have been replaced by FlashPoint in their plans.

Fast track:
    - MAN OF STEEL 2
    - JUSTICE LEAGUE 2
    - JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK
    - THE BATMAN
    - BLACK ADAM

Cancel:
    - SUICIDE SQUAD 2
    - GOTHAM CITY SIRENS
    - HARLEY AND JOKER
    - BOOSTER GOLD
    - DEATHSTROKE

I would fast track:
    Justice League Dark
    Batgirl
    Nightwing
    Green Lantern Corps
    Gotham City Sirens

I would cancel:
    Suicide Squad 2
    Harley and Joker
    Flashpoint
    Justice League 2
    The Batman
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Fast track:
    1. Gotham City Sirens
    2. Wonder Woman 2
    3. The Batman
    4. Batgirl
    5. Man of Steel 2 (and introduce Supergirl)

Cancel:
    1. Harley and Joker
    2. Cyborg
    3. Deathstroke
    4. Flashpoint (just make a Flash movie with Flash being Flash)
    5. Black Adam

Ultimate Member

Fast Track:

-Justice League Dark.
    -Gotham City Sirens.
    -Batgirl.
    -Green Lantern Corps.
    -Man of Steel 2.

Cancel:

-Cyborg.
    -Harley & Joker film.
    -Joker origin film.
    -Booster Gold.
    -Flashpoint (just make a regular Flash movie instead).

I'd fast track:

Man of Steel 2
    Harley solo film
    Nightwing
    Birds of Prey
    Cyborg.

Its past time Superman got his sequel. Harley was the best thing about Suicide Squad and I want to see more of her, especially if it means getting her away from the Joker and digging into the "survivor of domestic abuse" aspects of her story. BoP should speak for itself but I want to see it mostly for Canary. Cyborg needs a quality direction across all media formats and I liked him in JL. Nightwing....he's strongly connected to Batman and Gotham but has more than enough history to stand on his own, which is what I'd like to see done with him.

I'd cancel:

Joker/Harley.
    The Batman
    Flashpoint
    Batgirl
    Gotham City Sirens

The Joker-Harley movie should never be made, ever, under any circumstances. The Batman film should hold off a while; we had the Dark Knight trilogy not too long ago and DC needs to learn how to not lean on Batman's popularity so much. Flashpoint is a terrible idea for a cinematic universe this young; we barely know who this Flash is so a big universe-changing story isn't going to focus in on his character as much as a first solo film should. Sirens is too close to the BoP in setting, cast, and tone to make having both be viable. Batgirl is too closely tied to Batman but unlike Nightwing, doesn't stand on her own as well.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.