Batgirl
    Justice League Dark
    Suicide Squad 2
    Gotham City Sirens
    Nightwing

Cancel
    Flashpoint
    Harley and Joker
    Cyborg (unless for some reasons they choose to introduce the Titans in it)

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

The DCU is such a big place, I'd like to see some stuff that has NOTHING to do with Batman or Gotham City for a while.

Fast track:
    Flash (NOT Flashpoint!!)
    Man of Steel 2 (Henry Cavill CAN play Superman!)
    Justice League 2
    Green Lantern Corps (Hal John Guy Kyle ALL thrown in there!)
    Justice League Dark

Scrap
    Suicide Squad 2
    Cyborg
    Batman
    Harley & Joker
    Gotham City Sirens
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    As Wonder Woman and to some extent Suicide Squad showed, DC's biggest strength over Marvel is their female characters, so Gotham City Sirens and Batgirl are moneymakers too (though obviously with your conditions attached). But I'm not sure if Joss Whedon and David Ayer are really the directors for these films.

Exactly, so they should run with that (and it would differentiate them from Marvel, as a nice bonus).

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Yes, Suicide Squad had fairly good legs. It made $325 million domestic. Opening weekend was $133 million. So $192 million, or 60%, was made the following weeks.
    And SS made $747 million worldwide on a budget of $175 million, or 4.27 times as much as it cost to make. In what universe is that a bomb?
    It's not a bomb. If you read my posts I clearly consider SS financially a success. Just like BvS was. I also think it destroyed the franchises appeal and a sequel would bomb. Just like JL did.

It dropped 67.2% in its second weekend. According to the Hollywood Reporter that was the second biggest second weekend drop off for a summer movie in history...
    Last edited by dan12456; 01-09-2018 at 02:19 PM.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

BANNED

I just don't think anyone can reasonably say that Suicide Squad 2 would bomb and that the Green Lantern Corps wouldn't. I would hate to make that argument to the money people. But all of us can have our opinions about it.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The key to a Suicide Squad sequel is the budget and scale. The first movie should have NEVER had that bloated 175 million budget and the sequel would need to be back down in the 90-110 million budget to make sure it makes money. The problem they now face is having to pay Will Smith since you know his check is probably equal to the rest of the cast combined. If they can tell a smaller story and keep the budget lower then SS2 could be a hit.

With Green Lantern they can look at the first movie and see what worked and what didn't. The outer space parts of the movie worked very well it was just most of the garbage on Earth that ruined that movie. They know that stuff like the CGI costumes basing it mostly on Earth was a huge mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Cancel everything until they can somehow get their act together.
    I agree with this although I would add that Deathstroke would be better as a tv series on HBO or something.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

BANNED

DC needs to change its whole approach to movies. Instead of focusing on directors, actors and CGI, it needs to focus on the stories. You know, the way Marvel does.

But DC should stop trying to compete with Marvel in depicting an interconnected movie universe. It should switch to standalone, elseworld movies that only refer to themselves. That way a flop like Green Lantern doesn't carry over into a Green Lantern Corps movie. There's always a clean slate.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The key to a Suicide Squad sequel is the budget and scale. The first movie should have NEVER had that bloated 175 million budget and the sequel would need to be back down in the 90-110 million budget to make sure it makes money. The problem they now face is having to pay Will Smith since you know his check is probably equal to the rest of the cast combined. If they can tell a smaller story and keep the budget lower then SS2 could be a hit.

With Green Lantern they can look at the first movie and see what worked and what didn't. The outer space parts of the movie worked very well it was just most of the garbage on Earth that ruined that movie. They know that stuff like the CGI costumes basing it mostly on Earth was a huge mistake.
    In these times $175 million for a superhero movie is cheap. Or at least on the lower side of average. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 was $200 million. Captain America: Civil War was $250 million.
    Avengers: Age of Ultron was $250 million. X-Men: Days of Future Past was $200 million. The Amazing Spider-Man was $230 million. Marvel's The Avengers was $220 million.
    And I suspect a Green Lantern movie will be at least $175 if not more. The first Green Lantern movie was $200 million back in 2011.

Astonishing Member

Another vote for a SS 2. There's no way DCEU should pass up a movie that made as much money with all the negative reviews it got. Incredible run.

Still disappointed that JL didn't at least surpass SS. Enjoyed it much more and thought it was a superior movie in terms of story and cast. Hope there will be a JL 2 with the original cast add a few new heroes to the mix.

Incredible Member

Fast track:
    Flash (Bring Rick Famuyiwa back). Maybe have Cyborg. I would love to see Ezra Barry fleshed out
    Man of Steel 2 - I agree Henry can play Superman and playing upon other elements of Superman. Personally I felt like the topic elements of BvS would have been better explored and examined in his own movie to be honest.
    Justice League 2 - Either Legion of Doom/Injustice League, would be best.
    Green Lantern Corps - I like the idea of Hal and John back off each other. I would not only cosign look at worked and what didn't for the first movie, but also look at GL in the comics and cartoons( Green Lantern TAS, JL/JLU/DCAU, Young Justice)
    Cyborg - Justice League did show Cyborg has potential as a hero, it just needs the right writer and director. Not only in the aspect of technology in the modern day, but also a look at Black Culture, showing that having disabilities doesn't stop him, etc . It could also be used to set up the Forth World aspects that is largely seen through Cyborg being connected with the motherbox. You could see him function by himself as, but also have him play off of Ezra's Flash character.. I feel like Cyborg has potential be. Do what Ryan Coogler did with Black Panther or David Ayer did with Suicide Squad, and have a Detroit vs Everybody type album that can really get people motivated to listen.

Scrap
    Suicide Squad 2
    Harley/Joker
    Nightwing
    Batgirl
    Gotham City Sirens

Incredible Member

Fast track:
    Flash (Bring Rick Famuyiwa back). Maybe have Cyborg. I would love to see Ezra Barry fleshed out
    Man of Steel 2 - I agree Henry can play Superman and playing upon other elements of Superman. Personally I felt like the topic elements of BvS would have been better explored and examined in his own movie to be honest.
    Justice League 2 - Either Legion of Doom/Injustice League,
    Green Lantern Corps - I like the idea of Hal and John back off each other. I would not only cosign look at worked and what didn't for the first movie, but also look at GL in the comics and cartoons( Green Lantern TAS, JL/JLU/DCAU, Young Justice)
    Cyborg - Justice League did show Cyborg has potential as a hero, it just needs the right writer and director. Not only in the aspect of technology in the modern day, but also a look at Black Culture, showing that having disabilities doesn't stop him, etc . It could also be used to set up the Forth World aspects that is largely seen through Cyborg being connected with the motherbox. You could see him function by himself as, but also have him play off of Ezra's Flash character.. I feel like Cyborg has potential be. Do what Ryan Coogler did with Black Panther or David Ayer did with Suicide Squad, and have a Detroit vs Everybody type album that can really get people motivated to listen.

Scrap
    Suicide Squad 2
    Harley/Joker
    Nightwing
    Batgirl
    Gotham City Sirens

Update:
    1) Green Lantern Corps – 19
    2) Man of Steel 2 – 18
    3) The Batman – 11
    4) Justice League Dark – 8
    5) Nightwing – 5
    6) Booster Gold – 1
    7) Justice League 2 – 1
    8) Batgirl – 0
    9) Gotham City Sirens – -1
    10) Suicide Squad 2 – -2
    11) Cyborg – -5
    12) Black Adam – -8
    13) Deathstroke – -9
    14) Flashpoint – -15
    15) Harley and Joker – -25

Just a note that while it's not captured in my results, many voters would like to see a Flash movie despite Flashpoint being second lowest on list.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    DC needs to change its whole approach to movies. Instead of focusing on directors, actors and CGI, it needs to focus on the stories. You know, the way Marvel does.

But DC should stop trying to compete with Marvel in depicting an interconnected movie universe. It should switch to standalone, elseworld movies that only refer to themselves. That way a flop like Green Lantern doesn't carry over into a Green Lantern Corps movie. There's always a clean slate.
    I couldn't agree more with the highlighted part. The connected universe has failed, go with solos.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post

This. Make a couple of solo movies then try and make a multiverse later on. At the moment DC needs to put out more quality movies.