Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I really like all the new Mutant Characters

51 62.20%
  • No I don't like all the new Mutant Characters

31 37.80%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    With a growing mutant population it made sense, but the Xmen should have been separate from the school otherwise they're no better than Daesh training kids for war
    That's a rather extreme comparison. Still, I kind of liked the "rescue and emergency response" angle that NXM started with. Whoever works at the school and moonlights as a rescue operative really SHOULDN'T have anything to do with X-Force style wetworks operations, and I think that's possible if you go back to the early 2000s model where the school is one small cast, and all the other books are slightly tangentially affiliated small casts.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I think we are ultimately disagreeing.
    Okay I just read your soliloquy and I have no idea how our positions are different. I'm advocating for the X-Men staying the senior graduates, and letting the younger students come and go and not worrying about their future.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 01-08-2018 at 02:01 PM.

Unfortunately, we will have to be much more thorough...
    We need a bigger bus

I know, bad, bad

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Okay I just read your soliloquy and I have no idea how our positions are different.
    I think we differ primarily in that you seem to care about the young mutants, whereas I do not. I don't want to read about them in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    We need a bigger bus

I know, bad, bad

[IMG][/IMG]

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Incredible Member

Well I don't like all of the new kids, but I do like the fact that the X-Men do have kids that can continue they're legacy. I still think that the main cast should've been separate from the kids.

Meaning Xavier and Moira should've taken the kids and the New mutants should've been headmasters. Each one of them could've taught a class and show the kids how to live out Xavier's dream. Cyclops and co. should've been on the field doing what they do best, but in another state than the students. The New mutants have more than enough going for them to keep the students busy. Like Demon bear, Magik's Dimension, purifiers, Upstart games, New Hellions etc.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

YES - very good idea lot of potential allows for the older more well known characters to have more of mentor roles and shows more attention to the wider society out there not so insulated

The downsides are so many new characters make it tough to keep all/most of them in every current comic
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

He didn't need a gun. I couldn't believe in the movies they made him actually plug into his gun(and blew him up). Thanks Murdoch.
    Except he did need a gun. His enemies have other means besides shooting him.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Whenever a writer creates a massive group of some kind, the only purpose they end up serving is fodder for the killing fields. Claremont is as guilty of this as anyone else. Scores (hundreds?) of Morlocks, and the only thing they were ever really good for was the Massacre, except for a select few that were bona fide characters. Morrison creates the mutant explosion and is immediately followed by a literal explosion killing millions. And the tons generated by his stupid, unworkable school concept had to be euthanized by Kyle/Yost for everyone's benefit.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Mercenary Agent of Wolfram & Hart's Avatar

Not a fan of the larger school, but to be fair I don’t like a lot of the decisions made during Morrison’s run. It’s always seemed to just add unnecessary, uninteresting mutants, that just seemed to get killed off for the shock
    "The preceding announcement has been paid for by the new World order"