Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

If you're at all interested in X-Men stories written in the 21st century, there are two series that you absolutely must read. These not only re-defined the X-Men for years to come, introducing new characters as well as re-shaping the old characters, but also made it a pure joy to read:

1) New X-Men by Grant Morrison

Not just the first story arc "E is for Extinction" but all of his run, that ends in "Here Comes Tomorrow". I believe there is an omnibus edition, or in 7 TPBs.

2) Astonishing X-Men by Joss Whedon

This is a follow-up to Grant Morrison's run. Again, get the whole run, as all the pieces culminate in the final issue - Giant Size Astonishing X-Me #1 These are collected in 4 TPBs, IIRC.

The above two exceeded the 5-book limit you set for yourself, but they're worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by passerby View Post
    If you're at all interested in X-Men stories written in the 21st century, there are two series that you absolutely must read. These not only re-defined the X-Men for years to come, introducing new characters as well as re-shaping the old characters, but also made it a pure joy to read:

1) New X-Men by Grant Morrison

Not just the first story arc "E is for Extinction" but all of his run, that ends in "Here Comes Tomorrow". I believe there is an omnibus edition, or in 7 TPBs.

2) Astonishing X-Men by Joss Whedon

This is a follow-up to Grant Morrison's run. Again, get the whole run, as all the pieces culminate in the final issue - Giant Size Astonishing X-Me #1 These are collected in 4 TPBs, IIRC.

The above two exceeded the 5-book limit you set for yourself, but they're worth it.
    Thanks,

I've read so far:

X-Men: Wizard Masterpiece Edition
    • X-Men: The Dark Phoenix Saga - Uncanny X-Men #135-137
    • Days Of Future Past - Uncanny X-Men #141-142
    • The Power of Proteus - Uncanny X-Men #126-128
    • Demon - Uncanny X-Men #143
    • I, Magneto - Uncanny X-Men #150

Wolverine: Wizard Masterpiece Edition
    • Wendigo - Uncanny X-Men #139-140
    • Wolverine vs The Hulk - Incredible Hulk #340
    • Wolverine and Captain America in WWII - Uncanny X-Men #268