Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wonder Woman vs. Orion

Post Crisis, speed equalized.

Diana gets lasso etc but also gets her sword.

Fight in a forest.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Speed equalized is going to make for Wonder Woman having to be on defense at range a lot given the astro force as an AoE and lack of comparative counter option. I can't see her just bulling through it on durability and if she doesn't always block in time, that's going to be problematic.

BANNED

The terrain really works against Diana. The Lasso is pretty much her nuke, and with the forest she is going to have a tought time even using it at all.

Wait, can she currently fly?

Post Crisis Diana can fly.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

The forest is going to cease to be once Orion starts AoE zorching everything anyway.

Actually with speed equalized there's something of a coin flip element here as far as if Diana can block in time for Orion starting off with just blasting the entire battlefield. It wouldn't one shot her or anything, but it would certainly leave her open to yet more AoE kersploding, which again, problems.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Post Crisis Diana can fly.
    Oh. Post Crisis.

She can just pretend the forest is made of air. It pretty much is as far as she's concerned.

Anyway, since when are her Bracelets bothered by AoEs anyway? They're not just for bullets and laser beams. They totally work on massive explosions.
    Last edited by Carabas; 01-07-2018 at 03:03 PM.

She has to actually move them up to block things. Speed is equalized. It is entirely possible thereby that Orion blows everything up before she does this as he doesn't really need to do much more than think "exploooosionssss!!!" really.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    She has to actually move them up to block things. Speed is equalized. It is entirely possible thereby that Orion blows everything up before she does this as he doesn't really need to do much more than think "exploooosionssss!!!" really.
    Well, that would seem to make it and utter and complete curbstomp, which isn't allowed.

I mean he's not going to one shot her thereby, but it would certainly at the very least put her well the eff off balance and open to being further area kersploded, which, as I say, considerable problems.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I know speed equalised probably makes what Pen says true, but it feels reeeeeally saying Wonder Woman can't block a ranged attack from someone who isn't even faster than her, given her overall track record of blocking things.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I know speed equalised probably makes what Pen says true, but it feels reeeeeally saying Wonder Woman can't block a ranged attack from someone who isn't even faster than her, given her overall track record of blocking things.
    She has to lift her arms to block a thing. Orion has to just will his blasts to go by comparison and area kabooooom from the Astro Harness/wristbands. The OP has equalized their speed. Please don't turn this into a Storm thread where people go on about a whole bunch of giant scans that ignore a basic issue that has nothing to do with anything in them.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 01-07-2018 at 07:06 PM.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

She has to lift her arms to block a thing. Orion has to just will his blasts to go by comparison. The OP has equalized their speed. Please don't turn this into a Storm thread where people go on about a whole bunch of giant scans that ignore a basic issue that has nothing to do with anything them.
    Yeah, I know, I get it. But it still feels wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Yeah, I know, I get it. But it still feels wrong.
    Wait, weren't you arguing Clark's heat vision is basically a non factor to Diana in that Magneto thread a while back? Isn't this sorta the same just more explody?

Maybe I'm thinking of someone else. If so, nevermind.

And to Carabas, even if Orion takes a majority or heck even 10/10, I hardly think it would be an "against the rules" level stomp. He would have to put legit effort in to earn each and every fight. And I'm not convinced he would take all 10, even if it's trending that way.
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Wait, weren't you arguing Clark's heat vision is basically a non factor to Diana in that Magneto thread a while back? Isn't this sorta the same just more explody?

Maybe I'm thinking of someone else. If so, nevermind.

And to Carabas, even if Orion takes a majority or heck even 10/10, I hardly think it would be an "against the rules" level stomp. He would have to put legit effort in to earn each and every fight. And I'm not convinced he would take all 10, even if it's trending that way.
    Given your fight conditions, it's going to be comparatively rare that Diana crosses/lifts her bracelets for an AoE block before Orion can will an AoE kerboom, then just keep making them go while she's reeling from the first one.

Given your fight conditions, it's going to be comparatively rare that Diana crosses/lifts her bracelets for an AoE block before Orion can will an AoE kerboom, then just keep making them go while she's reeling from the first one.
    Yeah, I actually mostly agree with that. I was thinking that with her durability and soak she could muscle them up before blacking out and maybe make a fight of it. But the more I consider it, the more the percentages of success seem to fall.

I think I am ok with the outcome, just disagree on what constitutes as a curbstomp
    - big_adventure