Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Wait, weren't you arguing Clark's heat vision is basically a non factor to Diana in that Magneto thread a while back? Isn't this sorta the same just more explody?

Maybe I'm thinking of someone else. If so, nevermind.

And to Carabas, even if Orion takes a majority or heck even 10/10, I hardly think it would be an "against the rules" level stomp. He would have to put legit effort in to earn each and every fight. And I'm not convinced he would take all 10, even if it's trending that way.
    She can't block his attacks. She can't close the distance. She can't make attacks of her own.

How does this work as a fight?

Okay, she has one shot: decapitation via tiara. But since she needs to move her arms and stuff, and Orion just has to think "ASTROFORCE!!!", she's winning the quickdraw 0 times out of 1000.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    She can't block his attacks. She can't close the distance. She can't make attacks of her own.

How does this work as a fight?

Okay, she has one shot: decapitation via tiara. But since she needs to move her arms and stuff, and Orion just has to think "ASTROFORCE!!!", she's winning the quickdraw 0 times out of 1000.
    Ignoring everything else... to me, personally, for it to be a curbstomp it would have to involve combatants who don't even need to bother trying to win.

Like... Bane vs. Juggernaut was a fun one. Killer Croc vs almost anybody etc. My point is, win rate aside, Orion couldn't just breeze through her like she wasn't a legit threat. He would have to go full out, performing the strategy Pen suggested whilst never letting up even for a moment, or else she gathers herself and makes a fight of it. Even if the consensus is he wins 50/50 fights, its not like the dude doesn't have to seriously try.

Edit: and lastly, its certainly not like I intentionally tried to create a curbstomp scenario. I in fact tried to avoid one by nerfing Dianas speed advantage thinking she could muster her defenses in time or in between blows. Yes, I swiftly changed my mind but still.
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 01-07-2018 at 08:20 PM.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

A HTH fight would be cool too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Ignoring everything else... to me, personally, for it to be a curbstomp it would have to involve combatants who don't even need to bother trying to win.
    I don't believe that is how it works.

It's any fight where one party has pretty much zero chance at victory. It doesn't have to be a slapstick comedy fight.

I wish it was a requirement that he loudly yell "ASTROFORCE!" when he used it.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I wish it was a requirement that he loudly yell "ASTROFORCE!" when he used it.
    I wish that was a requirement whenever any superhero used a super power.

Imagine Superman yelling out "HEAT VISION!", "FLY!" and "FROST BREATH!". It would be dumb and hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I don't believe that is how it works.

It's any fight where one party has pretty much zero chance at victory. It doesn't have to be a slapstick comedy fight.
    Eh. It doesn't affect rumbles in general us disagreeing on this aspect, so all's well that ends well.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I wish that was a requirement whenever any superhero used a super power.

Imagine Superman yelling out "HEAT VISION!", "FLY!" and "FROST BREATH!". It would be dumb and hilarious.
    You mean it would be "anime" and "awesome" right? :P
    - big_adventure