Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Mark Waid wrote a recent story where Purple Man had a bunch of kids from all the rapes he committed in the Daredevil title. I don't know why no heroes have kicked the shit out of him for being a serial rapist. DD should do some major damage to him since he's the only one who saw the evidence of all his multiple rapes.
    Who on Earth would find something like this enjoyable enough to write a comic story about it?

About Avengers #200, yea it may have been tasteless, but what's the point of bringing it back up? The story is done. Unless we want to go on a big witch hunt and censor this comic if it's collected in a trade paperback, I'm not sure what can be done about it.
    Last edited by Da Boat; 01-09-2018 at 03:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    Who on Earth would find something like this enjoyable enough to write a comic story about it?
    I am not sure if you are questioning the premise of the Waid story, but I did read that and it was very interesting. It was by no means a simple story.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I am not sure if you are questioning the premise of the Waid story, but I did read that and it was very interesting. It was by no means a simple story.
    Cause it is rather depressing. Also didn't Killgrave just became a rapist of Alias?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    In the Wundagore Nights story, do you think that Modred the Mystic raped Scarlet Witch off-panel at some point?
    I didn't see anything to support that, no. The stories I brought up were very much clear in text with the only ambiguous one being the Korvac Saga. The writer(s) of the story were different, fwiw.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Invincible Member

Ack! mis-post!
    Last edited by ed2962; 01-09-2018 at 05:04 AM.

Invincible Member

Cause it is rather depressing. Also didn't Killgrave just became a rapist of Alias?
    Well, the original story happened over ten years ago. Other writers have simply followed up on it.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    That's interesting do you have a reference?
    I'm pretty sure it was Kazar The Savage #23. Bruce Jones was the writer at the time.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Many older comics have all kinds of messed up disturbed storylines. Sometimes writers didn't put as much thought into their stories as much as people think. The avengers reaction to what happened to carol was bizarre but there are plenty of old comic stories in which the characters reacted weirdly to a extreme situation.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

His earliest case was when it was revealed that he fathered a character called Persuasion by forcing her mother to love him.

I heard the Purple Children story was good though.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Yeah, it was probably the first time Shooter made an exception for his ''no gays allowed'' rule, just so he could do us the favor of portraying them as sexual predators and deviants. How nice of him.
    I'm not going to defend Shooter as for what he was aiming for with that story, although I do believe his reason for telling it and think people thinking that was an attack on gays are really being selective, however you might want to check some facts.

1) Shooter did not have a "no gays rule", the Comics Code did.
    2) The Hulk magazine was not restricted by the Comics Code.

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post

Yeah, I mean, DC never did anything like that. I mean, can you imagine if they published a run where one of their heroes (maybe a space cop or something) totally banged a 14 year old girl, but it was okay because she was an alien, he thought she was legal and they were wearing magic space rings? That would be so messed up if it happened.

Or, hey, how about that time Mockingbird was drugged and raped by a cowboy, and Hawkeye's reaction was "get your hands off my girl" (as in "step away from my car, punk").
    Intrestingly enough,both stories were written by the same guy, someone who probably irked more thaan a few people when he decided to make a Vietnamese prostitute the "Celestial Madonna".

Quote Originally Posted by Curlytop View Post
    Ugh god, soaps are such garbage. There are likely things like that in so-called romance novels too. Vomit worthy.
    Well, in that case, weep for me, for, quite often, I make a living translating those novels.

Peace

Ultimate Member

^Chelsea Cain unfortunately didn't make the Mockingbird stuff any better with her run a few years back.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Oh yeah. Cain brought back Phantom Rider to creep on Bobbi because it was a good idea.

/s

Ultimate Member

And then had that terrible retcon that made zero sense and just made Bobbi look bad in the process.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    His earliest case was when it was revealed that he fathered a character called Persuasion by forcing her mother to love him.
    Speaking of Persuasion/Purple Girl/Kara Killgrave, when she was a member of Alpha Flight she got into a (sort of) consensual relationship with a fellow team member named Dr. Whitman Knapp AKA Manikin. there's just one problem as at the time the two had got together Kara at the time was 13-14, while Whitman was somewhere in his early twenty's and before you say Kara mind-controlled him keep in mind that one of the side-effects of her powers is that whoever she has under her control their skin turns purple like hers and his skin perfectly normal when their seen together. (even some of the other members had some... worries, hell even the readers did as noted in the Alpha Waves section.)
    Attachment 60541
    But at the time of this story (1986 more or less) Canada age of consent was 14
    Last edited by brer rabbit; 01-09-2018 at 12:31 PM.