Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wonder Woman #38 Preview

Diana loses a young girls faith.

https://www.cbr.com/exclusive-wonder-woman-38/

While I'm glad the Darkseid stuff is temporarily done, I have a bad feeling about this issue.

spoilers:
    And someone who had an advance copy didn't have great things to say it, either, particularly about what happens to Julia Kapatelis...
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Looks like a pretty solid action sequence at least. No idea why Major Disaster tried to attack Diana physically, though. His thing is summoning natural disasters, not punching people.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Diana loses a young girls faith.
    "'Cause I gotta have faith." - George Michael

Oh, the artist who inserts lesbian undertones into the work is back!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Fantastic Member

I can see why Vanessa gets so p'd off, constantly referred to as "That Girl."

Unless I'm mistaken and it's actually Marlo Thomas.

Not feeling the dialogue or narration...

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

How does Major Disaster take even one punch/kick without getting knocked out right away?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    How does Major Disaster take even one punch/kick without getting knocked out right away?

That's probably the pacifist in Diana pulling her punch. I doubt she's the kind of hero that wants to knockout every super-villain with her first punch. I'm sure she hopes that one punch from her will make the villain surrender without further violence.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Clark & Diana Whata Team! Super-Wonder's Avatar

Remember when Steve was AWESOME!?! Anyone?
    Steve is less than awesome here.
    Wonderfully Superb

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Wonder View Post
    Remember when Steve was AWESOME!?! Anyone?
    Steve is less than awesome here.
    Huh? He helped save the little girl, he seemed like he did his job.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Couldn't they have trotted out one of Wonder Woman's long neglected minor villains for this fight scene? Major Disaster and Hal's other Earth villains are similarly neglected, but I think he'd be better served in the GL book.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    While I'm glad the Darkseid stuff is temporarily done, I have a bad feeling about this issue.

spoilers:
    And someone who had an advance copy didn't have great things to say it, either, particularly about what happens to Julia Kapatelis...
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Let me guess....she's killed by Vanessa isn't she?
    Wish they'd get creative and establish that Barbara Ann was still the curator of the Black Room in ARGUS, and Julia was brought in as her replacement and gradually formed her own relationship with Diana
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    That's probably the pacifist in Diana pulling her punch. I doubt she's the kind of hero that wants to knockout every super-villain with her first punch. I'm sure she hopes that one punch from her will make the villain surrender without further violence.
    I'm not too well versed in what Major Disaster can do, but he is a villain who has tangled with Green Lantern, isn't he? Is his power level not sufficient to withstand even one punch from Diana, when she isn't going all out?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Couldn't they have trotted out one of Wonder Woman's long neglected minor villains for this fight scene? Major Disaster and Hal's other Earth villains are similarly neglected, but I think he'd be better served in the GL book.

spoilers:
    Let me guess....she's killed by Vanessa isn't she?
    Wish they'd get creative and establish that Barbara Ann was still the curator of the Black Room in ARGUS, and Julia was brought in as her replacement and gradually formed her own relationship with Diana
    end of spoilers

I'm not too well versed in what Major Disaster can do, but he is a villain who has tangled with Green Lantern, isn't he? Is his power level not sufficient to withstand even one punch from Diana, when she isn't going all out?

As far as I know, Major Disaster doesn't have any enhanced durability but even so, I'm sure Diana knows how to punch an average human with enough force for it to smart but not knock them out. After all, she hugs Steve all of the time and doesn't crush him.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    As far as I know, Major Disaster doesn't have any enhanced durability but even so, I'm sure Diana knows how to punch an average human with enough force for it to smart but not knock them out. After all, she hugs Steve all of the time and doesn't crush him.
    Huh. In that case, maybe they should have used Giganta and given her more of a chance to put up a fight. SHOW us these past encounters they had instead of mentioning them.

I find it funny that the only reason I know who Major Disaster is, is because I read JLA: Obsidian Age with the suggestion that Wonder Woman supposedly dies in that story. He was a good guy in that one too...
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut