Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Huh. In that case, maybe they should have used Giganta and given her more of a chance to put up a fight. SHOW us these past encounters they had instead of mentioning them.

I'd love to see more of Giganta in this book. Heck, I would have preferred to see Minister Blizzard or the Blue Snowman in place of Major Disaster in this issue.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Major Disaster sort of is a perfect WW rogue though, his powers do come from Gaea.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I find it funny that the only reason I know who Major Disaster is, is because I read JLA: Obsidian Age with the suggestion that Wonder Woman supposedly dies in that story. He was a good guy in that one too...
    Yeah, he's pretty much always been a conflicted villain and by the time of Obsidian Age, he was at least trying to be a good guy.

Honestly, he is a pretty good choice for a Wonder Woman villain. Green Lantern isn't using him anymore, and he's right up Diana's alley: he's a violent and arrogant man who is nevertheless redeemable.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Huh. In that case, maybe they should have used Giganta and given her more of a chance to put up a fight. SHOW us these past encounters they had instead of mentioning them.
    It is pretty sad that Major Disaster is getting a better showing than Giganta (one of her most iconic foes).

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I find it funny that the only reason I know who Major Disaster is, is because I read JLA: Obsidian Age with the suggestion that Wonder Woman supposedly dies in that story. He was a good guy in that one too...
    I loved Joe Kelly's run on JLA and really miss the good guy Major Disaster.

Mighty Member

I would buy this issue for the art alone but I'm still going to wait to see if it's any good before I even think of purchasing this title again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    It is pretty sad that Major Disaster is getting a better showing than Giganta (one of her most iconic foes).
    What did Robinson even do with her in the last arc?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    While I'm glad the Darkseid stuff is temporarily done, I have a bad feeling about this issue.

spoilers:
    And someone who had an advance copy didn't have great things to say it, either, particularly about what happens to Julia Kapatelis...
    end of spoilers
    I have a bad feeling about everything going forward.

Why in the world did you need "Rebirth" to rework the foundation to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Major Disaster sort of is a perfect WW rogue though, his powers do come from Gaea.
    I'm not sure what you mean, other than that he can create earthquakes among other disasters. Originally his powers came from devices he paid criminal scientists to create for him. Using them repeatedly caused the powers to be internalized.Then he made a deal with Neron to amplify his powers (at the cost of his soul). It all looks like super-science boosted by infernal magic; I'm not sure how Gaea is involved.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/