View Poll Results: Should Doctor Doom be in The Next Fantastic Four film?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • No! Save him for the Sequel!

15 83.33%
  • Yes! He has to be in it!

3 16.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Poll: Should Doctor Doom Be In The Next Fantastic Four film?

Started a similar thread on Superherohype but let's see what you guys think.

If and when that Fox/Disney deal closes and the First Family finally return home with their first film set in the Marvel universe should they really retread old ground and have Doom be the villain yet again? or should they opt for another bad guy and not have Doom appear in it at all. I have little doubt that the next film will be a hard reboot with zero association with the films of yore. If I were Marvel, I would want to give Doom some rest since they would presumably want to differentiate their film as much as possible from the previous Story/Trank disaster-pieces, and one way to do that is not rehashing villains. I love Doom, in all his grandiloquent, megalomaniacal, self-aggrandizing glory but in my honest opinion let's not have him in the movie. Doom has already been the bad guy in all four(if you count the Roger Corman one) FF movies. Don't you think it's time they go with a fresh, new approach by having a lesser-known villain the next time around? FF has more villains other than Doctor Doom just like Batman and Spider-Man have villains other than the Joker and Green Goblin.

A good example to point to is what Chris Nolan did with Batman Begins. Nolan wanted Begins to differentiate itself from the Burton films so one way he did that is by not rehashing villains that had been done before. Nolan didn't use the arch-nemesis in Batman Begins but saved him for the sequel instead going for Ras-Al-Ghul and Scarecrow and worked it out just fine. In Homecoming they don't rehash Green Goblin instead they go with the Vulture who was an old-time comics Spider-Man baddie that we've never seen done on screen before and it worked out just fine. I think the same approach should be taken with the Fantastic Four once they get their own MCU reboot.

They say that "A hero is only as good as their villains but for Marvel Studios they've showed us the inversion of that saying: "A movie is only as good as their heroes." You don't need a villain as great as Doom to make a great Fantastic Four film. Make no mistake: I want Doom in the MCU but not in the first movie. Use someone like PuppetMaster or Moleman instead. Do you agree or disagree? Vote or voice your opinion or do both!
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 01-09-2018 at 02:46 PM.

I think Doom should have a pressence even if hes only mentioned. But no they should try a different villian

I doubt a movie version of Doom would be recognizable, so they just shouldn't use him.

BANNED

Doctor Doom, supervillain, should be saved for later.

Victor, antisocial sort of friend of Reed can be in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Doctor Doom, supervillain, should be saved for later.

Victor, antisocial sort of friend of Reed can be in it.
    This but depends how old they go.

Id prefer the f4 be in theyre 30s with Johnny in his 20s. Present Victor as an old friend who he had a falling put with. Maybe have them need to go into latveria and Doom allows it but he does it for Sue and refuses to talk to Reed. Then in a sequel or Doom Solo film you show what happened between them in college. It would be cool to see them really bw friends first. The Xmen movies did well with Magneto and Xavier but they were friends for like 2weeks b4 Magneto turned on them. Hard to buy them as friends but they did a good job establishing mutual respect so it still worked.

On a side note i wouldnt mind for like Black Panther 3 doom being a bad guy for that. Like a full on war of the 3 kingdoms style story with Latveria,Wakanda,and Atlantis going to war. Problem is Latveria and Atlantis would need to be established prior and i dont see Namor comimg anytime soon.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 01-08-2018 at 11:00 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    This but depends how old they go.
    I was more figuring on just a little older the age their Ultimate versions started out as, but still way younger than the 616 versions.

On a side note i wouldnt mind for like Black Panther 3 doom being a bad guy for that. Like a full on war of the 3 kingdoms style story with Latveria,Wakanda,and Atlantis going to war. Problem is Latveria and Atlantis would need to be established prior and i dont see Namor comimg anytime soon.
    I can't really think of a reason for them to go to war other than the egos of their kings. Which isn't a good reason at all.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I thought a long time ago It would bee better to have the first movie with them lost in the Negative Zone trying to get home while being hunted by the forces of Annihilus. Doom has been so poorly used every time he has been on screen he just needs a rest at least for the first movie. Maybe Reed could say something about Victor and Ben could say "Dont even mention that narcissist psycho" just to lay the groundwork that they both know him and Ben hates the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I was more figuring on just a little older the age their Ultimate versions started out as, but still way younger than the 616 versions.

I can't really think of a reason for them to go to war other than the egos of their kings. Which isn't a good reason at all.
    Ita just my personal taste but i like Reed to be older. I feel like its alot harder for a younger kid to pull off the gravitas to make him work for me. Plus the recent movie kinda trashed the ultimates origin.

Well they would have to eastblish a reason prior to the movie. Theres not a natural reason. And its more complicated to come up with 3 motives then just 2. Honestly i think that movie would be hard to do right. I like the idea of it. It would probaly be a nightmare for a writer on top of the main story you gott expmain where the rest of the Avengers are and off they fit into the siutation. Maybe since its diplomatic you can say the UN ordered them to stay out of it iono. Like i said the idea sounds fun but the execution would be a nightmare
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 01-08-2018 at 12:53 PM.

I think the lesson of not using Doom as the first villain has been pretty much cemented with the last few Fantastic Four movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the lesson of not using Doom as the first villain has been pretty much cemented with the last few Fantastic Four movies.
    True plus id like something crazy like Mole Man. That way you can establish a fun tone right out the gate. SMHC handled most of ita drama really well but first and foremost it was a fun movie. They set that fun tone right from the jump and i think F4 should do that.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 01-08-2018 at 02:36 PM.

Boisterously Confused

True plus id like somethint crazy like Mole Man. Thatvway yoy can establish a fun tone right out the gate. SMHC handled most of ita drama really well but first and foremost it was a fun movie. They set that fun tone right from the jump and i think F4 should do that.
    That's absolutely what they should do. Have Doom lurking in the background of a credit's teaser maybe, but the FF's first stop should absolutely be Monster Island!

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    That's absolutely what they should do. Have Doom lurking in the background of a credit's teaser maybe, but the FF's first stop should absolutely be Monster Island!
    Honestly id be ok having Doom in the background untill the third movie. Have Namor and Atlantis be the sequel and what ever conflict they have Doom instigated. Then in the 3rd film have Doom win at the end leading into an Avenger style MCU vs Doom movie.

BANNED

Ita just my personal taste but i like Reed to be older. I feel like its alot harder for a younger kid to pull off the gravitas to make him work for me. Plus the recent movie kinda trashed the ultimates origin.
    Ultimate Reed had an utter and complete absence of any kind of gravitas, which is what made the character really work for me.

Well they would have to eastblish a reason prior to the movie. Theres not a natural reason. And its more complicated to come up with 3 motives then just 2. Honestly i think that movie would be hard to do right. I like the idea of it. It would probaly be a nightmare for a writer on top of the main story you gott expmain where the rest of the Avengers are and off they fit into the siutation. Maybe since its diplomatic you can say the UN ordered them to stay out of it iono. Like i said the idea sounds fun but the execution would be a nightmare
    They could go WWI. Some SHIELD guy was caught trying to assassinate Doom, Doom declares war on America, and various treaties pull Atlantis and Wakanda into it.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

if they made reed younger, i'd say make doom already lord of latvaria but also a former student of reed's father. that way, reed knows of doom but not really would've met him.

Astonishing Member

Have Doom be a long-running MCU villain not just a foe for the four to fight. He can be a villain bigger than Thanos. Just have him steal the Surfer's powers(and do it right this time) and he'd be the one that ends Phase 4.