View Poll Results: Should Doctor Doom be in The Next Fantastic Four film?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • No! Save him for the Sequel!

15 83.33%
  • Yes! He has to be in it!

3 16.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Use Mole Man and have Doom in the post-credits scene.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    True plus id like something crazy like Mole Man. That way you can establish a fun tone right out the gate. SMHC handled most of ita drama really well but first and foremost it was a fun movie. They set that fun tone right from the jump and i think F4 should do that.
    I would agree that Doom should not be used right away and build him up over a couple of movies, but I feel like a lot of the non Doom/Galactus/Annihilus villains the FF face have gotten stale over the decades.

What makes Mole Man himself compelling, it often seems like his monsters are interesting then he is, what would prevent him from being another disposable MCU villain?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    I would agree that Doom should not be used right away and build him up over a couple of movies, but I feel like a lot of the non Doom/Galactus/Annihilus villains the FF face have gotten stale over the decades.

What makes Mole Man himself compelling, it often seems like his monsters are interesting then he is, what would prevent him from being another disposable MCU villain?
    Totally agree. Mole Man would be a waste. Half the big deal about the acquisition is Marvel has access to some of the best villains now. Use them. Get me a Kang the conqueror time travel movie screwing up the timeline and merging F4 into the MCU. Doom is a huge acquisition he needs to be built up as the next Thanos. Same with Galactus. Mole Man I need in my cartoons I really have 0 interest in his goofy butt on screen

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Totally agree. Mole Man would be a waste. Half the big deal about the acquisition is Marvel has access to some of the best villains now. Use them. Get me a Kang the conqueror time travel movie screwing up the timeline and merging F4 into the MCU. Doom is a huge acquisition he needs to be built up as the next Thanos. Same with Galactus. Mole Man I need in my cartoons I really have 0 interest in his goofy butt on screen
    If they actually made Mole Man compelling though, that would be an impressive feat. There no bad characters, only bad writers, but way too many FF villains have been on autopilot since 1969. How many times can Wizard form a Frightful Four before it becomes boring? How many times can Red Ghost be used the same way, even though his ethos has been irrelevant since 1991? Maybe the writers can do something interesting with Mole Man in the films or maybe he will be another dull, throw away, Malekith style villain.

They shouldn't use Doom right away, but it would be nice if the villain for the first FF MCU film is compelling and not another throw away MCU villain.

Yes, but he shouldn't be the villain.

Astonishing Member

I'm thinking for the MCU you can link Doctor Doom with Strange by having Victor be a former disciple of the Ancient One gone rogue similar to Mordo. Doom is a sorcerer as well as a scientist so it'd be interesting to have Strange play a role in a Fantastic Four movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I'm thinking for the MCU you can link Doctor Doom with Strange by having Victor be a former disciple of the Ancient One gone rogue similar to Mordo. Doom is a sorcerer as well as a scientist so it'd be interesting to have Strange play a role in a Fantastic Four movie.
    I think it be more interesting to not have all Magic users on earth only learn through the Ancient one. Doom learning from native Shamans in Latveria or even teaching himself. I do want Doom to be the main bad guy after Thanos.

Fox properties are known now, so there is no need for an origin story for the FF again, or Doom (for now). I'd have the FF be introduced in the follow up to Infinity War, or maybe within Infinity War if its swingable. Or Black Panther 2. Have them hanging out in Wakanda or have them arrive with some vital information from space at a key time, I don't know. Cameo, a tease - like Spider-Man was in Civil War.

Then do a movie. I really think Black Panther is the gateway for them, though, so it might make sense to do a team up with him of some kind..
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.