Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    I wish they'd go back to the original concept of Azrael, not have him be another Batman light.
    Hmm. I quite like Azrael as currently depicted. Tynion's done a good job of giving him faith without making him a fanatic, which feels rare to me.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I really wish the Clayface stuff wasn't tied to all the boring Victim Syndicate shenanigans. Basil is interesting. His struggle is interesting. His relationship with Cass is interesting. These assholes, who understand reality about as well as Steph does right now, are not. Reading about them almost feels like a chore.

I'm not keen on the 'Tec series at the moment, but I'll wait to see what happens in later issues.

Seems some character developments are being undone though - what was the point of redeeming Clayface just to make him a villain again.
    Batwoman (this version) has been separate from the Batfamily for the longest time, only for 'Tec to spend all that effort of bringing her into the family, just to separate her out again.
    In which case they need to bring Flamebird back because Batwoman needs her partner and the Colony don't cut it IMO.
    And Batwing hasn't had an arc yet, just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I really wish the Clayface stuff wasn't tied to all the boring Victim Syndicate shenanigans. Basil is interesting. His struggle is interesting. His relationship with Cass is interesting. These assholes, who understand reality about as well as Steph does right now, are not. Reading about them almost feels like a chore.
    QFT. All of this.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Hmm. I quite like Azrael as currently depicted. Tynion's done a good job of giving him faith without making him a fanatic, which feels rare to me.
    I like him too. I even like that "the programming" is such that it is a threat that feels like it could turn him into a fanatic. Kind of apt, actually. An otherwise nice, noble dude, whose programming could kick in and make him into the faith militant, narrow his mind, and close him off.

I don't like his current costume, which is I think too beholden to his O.G. costume. Jean-Paul has had some historically awful costumes. There's got to be a great balance between like, super-Christian knight templar, nocturnal assassin, and junior Batman club, that incorporates some of his classic elements, but isn't like ... the Mega-90s Dumas red, the Mega-90s Quesada-Blue-Armor-Batman, or the latter run Early-2000s white and gold monstrosity. But also where he doesn't look like The Hood, or The Knight, or one of the British Batmen.

But I also dread a "modern redesign" because it'll just look like every other thing ever.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GDC3 View Post
    QFT. All of this.
    Agreed.

Though I'm still curious if whoever the First Victim is might actually be clever or not.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

I read the gotham knights issues of red hood and really liked the team; but apparently, they’re not going to get their own book.

Incredible Member

If Batwoman does indeed kill Clayface...is there any reason...considering that killing anyone makes you a bad guy...for Cass not to kill Kate on the spot?...i mean, Basil is right now probably Cass's most loved friend...
    I mean, i get why Cass restrained herself from be-heading Ra's on the spot when he killed her mother, but then it was different Cass and Sandra have had no real attachament what so ever, they barely had any time to get to know each other let alone develop any sort of feelings toward each other...also, we never got to know what Shiva told Cass just before she died...
    But Kate wont be so lucky...i mean, sure Cass and Kate are friends and they respect each other, but i dont belive that Cass feels the same way about Basil as she feels about Kate...if Kate kills Basil, she better start running, and fast...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bat_girl_cc View Post
    If Batwoman does indeed kill Clayface...is there any reason...considering that killing anyone makes you a bad guy...for Cass not to kill Kate on the spot?
    A little surprised a Cass stan like you would ask that. Cass does not kill. No ifs, ands or buts. No one hates murder more than her.

also, we never got to know what Shiva told Cass just before she died...
    Wonder how much longer we're gonna have to wait to get answers about that.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    A little surprised a Cass stan like you would ask that. Cass does not kill. No ifs, ands or buts. No one hates murder more than her.

I know, i mean, Cass no kill rule its even more rigid than Batman's, what i mean is, why should Cass bother to hold-back on Kate if the worse comes to happen and she kills Basil?...some major asswhopin will be served!

Wonder how much longer we're gonna have to wait to get answers about that.
    Yup, knowing Tynion, he didnt forget, its something thats coming down the line, im just really curious about that.

Incredible Member

I know, i mean, Cass no kill rule its even more rigid than Batman's, what i mean is, why should Cass bother to hold-back on Kate if the worse comes to happen and she kills Basil?...some major asswhopin will be served!

Edit: i didnt meant literal killing...lol...i mean kill her on the spot as in, destroying her completely in anger fashion

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    But I also dread a "modern redesign" because it'll just look like every other thing ever.
    What did you think of the AzBats redesign that Alvaro Martinez did for the Intelligence arc?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Edit: i didnt meant literal killing...lol...i mean kill her on the spot as in, destroying her completely in anger fashion
    I doubt it will be as clear-cut as Batwoman just pulling out the rifle and shooting Clayface because he's causing trouble. It's more likely to be a case of his life vs someone else's life - so take the shot and kill Clayface or watch him take someone else's life and then deal with him after someone is already dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    I doubt it will be as clear-cut as Batwoman just pulling out the rifle and shooting Clayface because he's causing trouble. It's more likely to be a case of his life vs someone else's life - so take the shot and kill Clayface or watch him take someone else's life and then deal with him after someone is already dead.
    Yeah, everything is pointing to it being a last resort (or at least what she perceives as such) if she does kill him.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Agreed.

Though I'm still curious if whoever the First Victim is might actually be clever or not.
    Hopefully it is. Oberon Sexton part 2 would be kind of lazy.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com