Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Logan win an alien fortune to finance the school. There are quite a few rich X-men too.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    Logan win an alien fortune to finance the school. There are quite a few rich X-men too.
    I think the Howlett family has a lot of money or it did.

Have to wonder the qualifications to teach there? Also didn't they have non mutants working there for a bit?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    How would that be a conflict at all? Storm is immune to temperature variations and is her own power company.
    Her plants aren't.

EDIT: If she still has them. Superheroes don't get much downtime these days. We don't get to see their hobbies and interests as much, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 01-09-2018 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    This is basically the second arc of Brian Wood's run on Ultimate X-Men. The X-Men come up with a sentient seed that adjusts to it's surroundings and it will end world hunger. People start freaking out lol.
    That phase of the Ultimate universe had some really... interesting themes. Cap America as president of a fractured, un-united states. The X-Kid's utopia out in the radioactive desert being raided by the feds/corporations. It was like a think tank for the wars of the future. I applaud them for such creativity, even if it was creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Her plants aren't.

EDIT: If she still has them. Superheroes don't get much downtime these days. We don't get to see their hobbies and interests as much, unfortunately.
    Pretty sure the temperature is whatever Storm says it is. She could probably even set up a perpetual field for something low key like a garden, that would persist even when away on a mission. Let alone just have Forge make a power grid to store her own homegrown, organic electricity she just conjures up out of the æther.

She was shown to have a floating garden in the pre-Secret Wars Jean Grey School, but that would have been a new collection. She gave her old plants away to the New York Botanical Gardens wayyy back in the 80's, but I'm sure she's restocked a few times since.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Well color me shocked. How were there not forks in every eyeball?

Although it does make sense. Outside of superheroing many of the X-men aren’t really qualified to do much else.
    You make it sound like she was on the level of feral Wolverine. She was professional and level headed

Well, Bishop is a detective worked with the NYPD for a bit if that counts.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    We don't get to see their hobbies and interests as much, unfortunately.
    that's one of the worst parts of recent years. There's no "time outside the Xmen" anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    that's one of the worst parts of recent years. There's no "time outside the Xmen" anymore.
    You barely saw them outside of uniform for the longest time!

Firestar was a qualified teacher. But she was sacked.

I fail to understand the insistence of traditional education at Xavier's. I mean, hello, you can telepathically upload any and all info into these kids brains you want. Why burden them with term paper and atrocious uniforms from a century or two ago? I liked the early Millar Ultimate X-Men's "Tomorrow People" approach(and Morrison's), where it was like, screw these antiquated flatscans, let's show them the mutant way of getting things done! Much more creative use of the 'school' concept.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Firestar was a qualified teacher. But she was sacked.
    LOL....what did she do? And how was he qualified? Most X-men have no formal education or license to teach. They just talk about what their powers give them specialization in

I fail to understand the insistence of traditional education at Xavier's. I mean, hello, you can telepathically upload any and all info into these kids brains you want. Why burden them with term paper and atrocious uniforms from a century or two ago? I liked the early Millar Ultimate X-Men's "Tomorrow People" approach(and Morrison's), where it was like, screw these antiquated flatscans, let's show them the mutant way of getting things done! Much more creative use of the 'school' concept.
    so they dont breed a generation of lazy kids with no real concept of working hard. By your logic, they shouldnt even bother training and should just go the route of the Deadly Genesis team with Xavier telepathically uploading fake combat skills into their mind, which ultimately got them killed. As mentioned her or elsewhere recently, not every mutant is destined to be an X-man. An education helps set them up for life outside of the institute
    Last edited by Havok83; 01-09-2018 at 11:05 AM.

Astonishing Member

Uoloading knowledge isn't the same as understanding and learning.
    In the Emma Frost comic about her teen years, you get to see her piggybacking on the studying done by other people at the library, she had to stay at the library at the same time other people were reading and studying in order to truly learn and understand, and it was different from just taking data from other people's minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    LOL....what did she do? And how was he qualified? Most X-men have no formal education or license to teach. They just talk about what their powers give them specialization in

so they dont breed a generation of lazy kids with no real concept of working hard. By your logic, they shouldnt even bother training and should just go the route of the Deadly Genesis team with Xavier telepathically uploading fake combat skills into their mind, which ultimately got them killed. As mentioned her or elsewhere recently, not every mutant is destined to be an X-man. An education helps set them up for life outside of the institute
    Oh yeah, tell that to the most educated, most underemployed generation the world has ever known.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Uoloading knowledge isn't the same as understanding and learning.
    In the Emma Frost comic about her teen years, you get to see her piggybacking on the studying done by other people at the library, she had to stay at the library at the same time other people were reading and studying in order to truly learn and understand, and it was different from just taking data from other people's minds.
    Please. Xavier was a college graduate in multiple degrees by the age of 16 using his powers to siphon knowledge around him. Ultimate Jean Grey performed life-saving surgery on Hank by telepathically piggy backing on the world's most cutting edge surgeons. The X-Men get various languages uploaded into their brains on the regular. Reading books and writing papers is antiquated for the next evolution of humanity.