Mighty Member

Default Black Lighting : Cold Dead Hands #3 WTF moment ?

We all knew that this mini was going to take on social issues because after all this is BL. Do you find this month over the top or a straight on presentation of what's going on today? Also the central premise of how the kids,gun and parents all end up at the same location believable as a plot device or the fact that any judge could dictate police transport procedure? There is no wrong or right answer here just what you think. Virtually no one here but me signed up for this mini which is why I brought my questions here.
    Last edited by alton; 01-08-2018 at 08:46 PM.

Always Rakzo

This series basically delivered all the social commentary that was promised in the last Vigilante series (whose sub-title I don't even remember and was cancelled early because it was pretty forgettable as a whole) with not nearly as much promotion about it. Best of all is that it does a good job at developing Jefferson's character as well as the story.

Spectacular Member marcotheblerd's Avatar

I thought its well done. I wish it got more attention.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by marcotheblerd View Post
    I thought its well done. I wish it got more attention.
    If it was a Marvel book-it would be on fire on youtube.

Funny how having a different company logo allows a story to be told without 50 pages of complaints from those who refuse ot would not read it.

I thought it was handed real well
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Mighty Member

Default Black Lighting: Cold Dead Hands #3 WTF moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    This series basically delivered all the social commentary that was promised in the last Vigilante series (whose sub-title I don't even remember and was cancelled early because it was pretty forgettable as a whole) with not nearly as much promotion about it. Best of all is that it does a good job at developing Jefferson's character as well as the story.
    I think the issue with Vigilante was the origin of the new Vigilante had to be told and that the abrupt cancellation of the second half left us without the motivation. It pissed me off no end and I refused to pick it up in trade. We were being introduced to a new creative team as well who hopefully will do well in the future. This is the third time a Vertigo has been cancelled in recent years and cancellation should not be happening with Vertigo. I did also enjoy the reemergence of Jefferson as you did over the 3 issues so far. Thanks for your comments.