Default Was 90s Deadpool quirky and weird like the current one?

I first recall seeing Deadpool back in the early 90's when X-Men came on Saturday mornings and Spider Man was on Weekday Afternoons and such and the Toybiz toys made many X-Men and Spider Man toys, with Deadpool being featured among the X-Men. Was the 90's comicbook Deadpool at all like his current incarnation; meta, fourth-wall breaking, jokingly and weird or was that done in later years?
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

He's gotten more cartoony over the years. He didn't break the fourth wall as often, but he did joke.. But it was much more pulp-culture references and hardly any toilet humor. The toilet humor really sucks. Gerry Duggan's struck a good balance between the two extremes I'd say.

90ies Deadpool was, like everything back then, edgier than he is nowadays from what I know.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

I preferred him as an edgy mean-spirited but talkative villain.

By the Joe Kelly run in the mid 90s he wasn't quite as quirky but would break the 4th wall occasionally, and definitely had plenty of jokes. He also locked blind old ladies in death traps but yeah.

Much darker than Way's run, and most crossover Deadpool you might see. I feel Duggan more or less caprtures the same spirit, albeit his Wade might be slightly more heroic (but also prone to worse decisions)
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

90's Deadpool > Today's Deadpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    90's Deadpool > Today's Deadpool.
    I would rank them:

Kelly
    Duggan

Way

There've been more writers, of course, but those are the 3 prominent ones. Not counting Cable and Deadpool, which I loved.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Depends on whether you're talking about early Rob Liefeld Deadpool or later Joe Kelly Deadpool. Joe Kelly laid significant groundwork for the character we see today.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?