Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Flashpoint movie & Wonder Woman

There's been talk about how Warner/DC might try to use Flashpoint to give the DCEU a soft reboot. Personally, I'd rather they just focus on self-contained solo movies from now on, but it got me thinking what they could do and how it would erase the more divisive elements of DC's movie-verse.

Now I think most Wonder Woman fans are hoping, if they do Flashpoint, they won't stick to the comic story when it pertains to Diana. I sure as hell don't want to see genocidal Wonder Woman chopping off Mera's head and killing children. I don't know--or really care--what the rest of the story ends up being...I just hope we don't have to witness that.

But relevant is the DCEU Diana has been around since World War I. According to Justice League, she never stopped being a hero, she just wasn't public about it because Steve's death and reasons.

So here's my thought: at some point during Flashpoint, Flash goes back in time to fix whatever has gone wrong, and while in the past, crosses paths with Diana. He convinces her to help him, and in the process, she reveals herself as Wonder Woman to the world. And that winds up being the critical thing that changes history.

Consider the ripple affect:
    - Wonder Woman goes public and she becomes an inspiration to the world from that point on.

- Because Diana, a super-powered being, is such a positive influence, Jonathon Kent doesn't discourage Clark from using his powers; in essence acting more like the Pa Kent we know from the comics. Therefore Clark becomes the Superman we know and love earlier in his life, and goes on to become a proper beacon of hope like in the comics.

- Superman and Wonder Woman become allies and they inspire other heroes like Flash and Aquaman to be more open with their heroics, and it's Zod's invasion that leads to the formation of the Justice League. Together they defeat the evil Kryptonians, preventing Metropolis from getting destroyed and without Superman having to kill Zod.
    Also, suggesting the League can defeat an army of Kryptonians might help wash out the bad taste of Justice League reducing them to a bunch of chumps who can't do anything without Superman.

- If Metropolis isn't destroyed, Batman doesn't want to kill Superman and if Zod's not dead, Luthor doesn't create Doomsday. No Doomsday, Superman doesn't die.

- Superman never dies, no Steppenwolf. Therefore, no slaughtered Amazons and we can get a proper invasion story with Darkseid.

In essence, to fix the DCEU, they need to make Wonder Woman the most important character and centerpiece of the universe.

I joke, but if Warner/DC is serious about using Flashpoint to "fix" the DCEU, that might not be a bad way to go about it. And Wonder Woman is, thus far, their biggest success and has been embraced by audiences as the MVP of the franchise. Why not capitalize?

But I'm just spit-balling. As said, I personally would prefer they stick to solo movies and not worry about crossovers and continuity.
    Thoughts?
    Last edited by Guy_McNichts; 01-08-2018 at 07:16 PM.