Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Wonder Woman villain: how would you fix him/her: Mouse Man

I mean other than controlling rodents what else can you do with him?

He doesn't need to be fixed. Some villains are meant to be campy and goofy. And he's certainly less offensive than, say, Egg Fu.

A Nazi soldier apart of a small project that uses the occult to shrink men down into becoming a tiny army but when WW took it down before it was finish the unname soldier was the only one shrunken down and was forgotten by everyone else. Currently he plots to get his revenge on Diana for ruining his life by spying on her and her allies and delivering intel to her enemies.

I'd give him size control abilities, a wererat form, telepathic control over vermin, and a couple of pet Apokorats as his allies.

Go for the monstrous motif that's symbolic to Wonder villains.

apokorats.jpg

Hmmm...

Not everyone Diana faces should be physically superhuman, but instead be positioned to be difficult to resolve through diplomacy and kindness.

Mouse Man should be an underbelly criminal, trading in information, using rodents as spies.

Part of the reason I placed PalmerTech Laboratories in Gateway was so that Giganta could work there, and Mouse Man could steal some tech, thereby giving him size-changing powers too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    A Nazi soldier apart of a small project that uses the occult to shrink men down into becoming a tiny army but when WW took it down before it was finish the unname soldier was the only one shrunken down and was forgotten by everyone else. Currently he plots to get his revenge on Diana for ruining his life by spying on her and her allies and delivering intel to her enemies.
    ?wouldn't he be...geriatric? or is this a Magneto situation?

I already did one in another thread. my version would be a brilliant but socially awkward young man with a barely concealed hatred of women yet an obsession over a fellow grad student. pursuing the field of cybernetics, he would have found some way to remote view through the eyes of rats; who he had (quite illegally) surgically altered. he would use these rats to spy on the classmate and, gradually, ruin her life (as her friends & romantic interest are scared off). I imagine that Wonder Woman gets involved after the young woman exhausts her other resources (it's kind of hard to explain to police that some unseen force is spying on you and messing with your belongings). fast forward past the escalation, him confronting his victim, and encountering Wonder Woman. by accident or his own fault, "Mouse Man" finds himself unable to return to his physical form. so he would spend some time trapped in the minds of several rats. by the next appearance, he would have (in desperation) uploaded his mind into an action figure sized robot/custom miniature of himself; used in the initial phases of his experiment. he also had an extensive toy collection. the humiliation makes him even more deluded than usual. so covers himself up in that mouse costume. so the goal of my "fix" was to pin down the science. he didn't create a shrinking serum and a way to control mice. he used technology to project his mind and control smaller minds. i thought it was fitting that he basically trapped/isolated himself; after what he did to his earlier victim.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 01-10-2018 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    ?wouldn't he be...geriatric? or is this a Magneto situation?
    Maybe the magic slowed down the aging process or maybe all the exercise running around and climbing up things made him a very strong and flexible old man.

Not being a veterinarian, I'm not sure of the exact procedures involved in fixing/neutering a "Mouse Man".

(Other than the cruder "Lorena Bobbitt" method.)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Not being a veterinarian, I'm not sure of the exact procedures involved in fixing/neutering a "Mouse Man".

(Other than the cruder "Lorena Bobbitt" method.)
    wouldn't really be necessary. who would he breed with? his first villainous scheme rendered him pretty much harmless. motive? the guy should be in a sanitarium.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

First thing? I'd change the "Mouse" part of his name. Mice aren't scary and they aren't associated with evil or villainy in most cultures.

Rats, on the other hand? Yeah, people are terrified of rats and for very good reason. Rats are vicious, mean, and they're known carriers of disease.

So Step One? Change him to "Rat Man" or something. Step Two? Yeah, I'd give him shapeshifting and the ability to switch between several forms that vary from "Human" to "Rat." I'd say he can be human when he wants, but he can also change between various Human/Rat hybrid forms that are better suited for some jobs. I may even allow him to gain a "swarm form" in which he becomes a whole horde of rats.

Step Three? Rats are scary because they're associated with disease. I am all for giving him some dominion over disease. Either it's a special power he has, or maybe he's just a scientist/doctor who specializes in infectious diseases. Either way? The thing that makes him scary is the fact that you don't necessarily beat him by punching him in the face. Go ahead, Diana! Beat him up! Unfortunately, that's not doing anything to stop the plague he just set off in Paris or whatever. What's that? Rat Man isn't powerful enough to overwhelm Diana in a straight-up fight? No problem! All he has to do is bite or scratch her in one of his rat forms, and now she's infected with a deadly disease that can even slow her down.

Motivations? I like the idea that he sees himself as another kind of planet-guardian. He thinks it's his job to reduce the human population in order to save the planet. He believes that disease is nature's Great Equalizer that prevents any one species from growing out of control. Oh, he's a cruel guy and he likes the suffering he causes, but he also rationalizes it as being for the greater good of the world. This puts him in some pretty interesting company since there are other villains with a similar mindset. He may be on fairly friendly terms with--say--Poison Ivy? Ra's al-Ghul? Any villain who likes to talk about striking a "balance" of a sort.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    He doesn't need to be fixed. Some villains are meant to be campy and goofy. And he's certainly less offensive than, say, Egg Fu.
    I second this. Keep him as he is.
    Last edited by Lex Luthor; 01-12-2018 at 10:42 AM.

So if he is supposed to be goofy how can be written without making him overly goofy? I mean even many goofy villains have their great moments.

Make him the evil version of Marvel's Squirrel Girl. Kinda silly looking and not entirly taken seriously, but a major threat whenever he shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Make him the evil version of Marvel's Squirrel Girl. Kinda silly looking and not entirly taken seriously, but a major threat whenever he shows up.
    True, so how do you see his costume design being like?