Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I think you can do enough with his motivations and methods to make him a threat with the disease and/or surveillance factor as a minor villain, potentially working in concert with other villains.

I'm updating my original revamp. I'd have the creepy men's rights activist stalker that becomes Mouse Man be a student at MIT (or whatever it's called in the DC Universe) and perform illegal surgeries on rats to allow himself to steer them & use them as surveillance. he uses this to stalk and terrorize the object of his desire. and he'd be casually thwarted by Wonder Woman (but escape). while on the run, he'd be found by Doctor Zeul. after a quick demonstration of her intellectual and physical superiority, she offers "Mouse Man" a way to hide & strike back at their mutual enemy. so the size change would be due to her science. I wanted to elevate Doris to a more independent mastermind type. and the size changing is in her scientific wheelhouse. she gives him the shrinking serum; expecting him to use it on Wonder Woman. instead, Mouse Man just uses it to make himself an even creepier stalker and fashions himself a costume out of rat hair and various other debri. this was to make it a little more believable. he's not someone who was smart enough to create, both, a shrinking serum and a means to (mentally?) control rodents. he's a crazy technologist who benefited from Giganta's patronage; meant to be little more than a distraction for Diana.

Yea have his rats and other rodents have deadly diseases . That way he can kill his victims. Sometimes I wonder if Doris should able be able to shrink and grow to whatever height she wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I'm updating my original revamp. I'd have the creepy men's rights activist stalker that becomes Mouse Man be a student at MIT (or whatever it's called in the DC Universe) and perform illegal surgeries on rats to allow himself to steer them & use them as surveillance. he uses this to stalk and terrorize the object of his desire. and he'd be casually thwarted by Wonder Woman (but escape). while on the run, he'd be found by Doctor Zeul. after a quick demonstration of her intellectual and physical superiority, she offers "Mouse Man" a way to hide & strike back at their mutual enemy. so the size change would be due to her science. I wanted to elevate Doris to a more independent mastermind type. and the size changing is in her scientific wheelhouse. she gives him the shrinking serum; expecting him to use it on Wonder Woman. instead, Mouse Man just uses it to make himself an even creepier stalker and fashions himself a costume out of rat hair and various other debri. this was to make it a little more believable. he's not someone who was smart enough to create, both, a shrinking serum and a means to (mentally?) control rodents. he's a crazy technologist who benefited from Giganta's patronage; meant to be little more than a distraction for Diana.
    I'm all for anything that has Dr. Doris Zeul reclaim her mad scientist/doctor/biologist rank and not just be hired muscle.

In a fairly recent issue of Wonder Woman we heard her speak and show a bit of her diabolical side in what's been YEARS.

Maybe have mouse man work for Argus ? Think about it he can spy on his colleagues for bigger bad guys

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Maybe have mouse man work for Argus ? Think about it he can spy on his colleagues for bigger bad guys
    I'm not familiar with ARGUS. But it sounds like it could work.

I'm not familiar with ARGUS. But it sounds like it could work.
    Here you go, Michael.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/A.R.G.U.S._(Prime_Earth)

Incredible Member

Controlling mice and rats to spread disease and terrorize / torture people is a start. And definately changing his name from Mouse Man to Rodent - step two.

So we have him controlling mouse and other rodents. He works for Argus in the technology department. He starts spying on the women he loves with his rodents. He goes to back to his alma mater for a lecture . Which he meets Doris Zuel. He steals her experiments. One person that could save her life which he messes with causing him to shrink. He destroys the experiments.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So we have him controlling mouse and other rodents. He works for Argus in the technology department. He starts spying on the women he loves with his rodents. He goes to back to his alma mater for a lecture . Which he meets Doris Zuel. He steals her experiments. One person that could save her life which he messes with causing him to shrink. He destroys the experiments.
    I didn't quite understand this part of your rewrite. but I agree with the rest of it. at first, I wanted it to a case of Zuel being his benefactor. because I like the idea of her being more of a mastermind type. maybe it was as simple as her not yet being in the human testing stages of her growth experiment. but if you want to go the theft route, I'm ok with that. it still seems weird for him to seek out a shrinking serum unless he's planning to use it on someone else (if he's a controlling individual, it seems nonsensical for him to make himself less of a threat). it's also creating the question of Doris Zuel's motivations. why would she be at the lecture? this guy's a technologist. she's a biochemist (presumably). either way, I could imagine a scenario where He-who-is-to-become-Mouse-Man's growing paranoia has led to him using the rats to spy on much of the campus. maybe by pure chance, he witnesses one of Zuel's experiments. he could A) try to employ the growth serum on himself only to find that it has the opposite effect on males or B) be injected with the serum on accident during the initial confrontation with Wonder Woman. this could even be what leads Diana to encounter Giganta.

I didn't quite understand this part of your rewrite. but I agree with the rest of it. at first, I wanted it to a case of Zuel being his benefactor. because I like the idea of her being more of a mastermind type. maybe it was as simple as her not yet being in the human testing stages of her growth experiment. but if you want to go the theft route, I'm ok with that. it still seems weird for him to seek out a shrinking serum unless he's planning to use it on someone else (if he's a controlling individual, it seems nonsensical for him to make himself less of a threat). it's also creating the question of Doris Zuel's motivations. why would she be at the lecture? this guy's a technologist. she's a biochemist (presumably). either way, I could imagine a scenario where He-who-is-to-become-Mouse-Man's growing paranoia has led to him using the rats to spy on much of the campus. maybe by pure chance, he witnesses one of Zuel's experiments. he could A) try to employ the growth serum on himself only to find that it has the opposite effect on males or B) be injected with the serum on accident during the initial confrontation with Wonder Woman. this could even be what leads Diana to encounter Giganta.
    I can totally see Doctor Zeul “accidentally” concocting a lab experiment gone awry with <insert future Mouse Man’s civilian name here> and his beloved lab mice and rats while Gargantua watches from a safe corner in the lab.

Sorry about that. He was at a lecture. Doris was making a experiment that could save her life. It wasn’t meant to be a growth or shrinking. She never got to finish. She wasn’t there at the lecture. However, the two had known each other in some form at the university. She is at her lab and then he steals from her. He does it because she rejected him

Has anyone ever seen Captain Planet? There is a villain named Verminous Skumm who was a rat who mutated into a human or something like that, what Mouse Man was a mouse who was transformed into a human, whether its magic or science, and now an extremist/activist for animal rights?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Has anyone ever seen Captain Planet? There is a villain named Verminous Skumm who was a rat who mutated into a human or something like that, what Mouse Man was a mouse who was transformed into a human, whether its magic or science, and now an extremist/activist for animal rights?
    Should

I have seen Captian Planet. Interesting thought.

Has anyone ever seen Captain Planet?
    I went as Captain Planet for Halloween.

There is a villain named Verminous Skumm who was a rat who mutated into a human or something like that, what Mouse Man was a mouse who was transformed into a human, whether its magic or science, and now an extremist/activist for animal rights?
    it's an unusual and interesting take. what's the source of the magic?