Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Sorry about that. He was at a lecture. Doris was making a experiment that could save her life. It wasn’t meant to be a growth or shrinking. She never got to finish. She wasn’t there at the lecture. However, the two had known each other in some form at the university. She is at her lab and then he steals from her. He does it because she rejected him
    got it/understand it now. and you came up with a good connection between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    it's an unusual and interesting take. what's the source of the magic?
    Well earlier in the thread I wrote since its an animal it could easily be Circe's magic, or it could be Queen of Fables' magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Well earlier in the thread I wrote since its an animal it could easily be Circe's magic, or it could be Queen of Fables' magic.
    cool. I was hoping that you'd say Circe. it makes sense/makes it all seem a little more connected.

so Mouse Man is too goofy but Blue Snowman is ok? I'm confused by comic book logic sometimes.

Now with her appearance we shall see

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    First thing? I'd change the "Mouse" part of his name. Mice aren't scary and they aren't associated with evil or villainy in most cultures.

Rats, on the other hand? Yeah, people are terrified of rats and for very good reason. Rats are vicious, mean, and they're known carriers of disease.

So Step One? Change him to "Rat Man" or something. Step Two? Yeah, I'd give him shapeshifting and the ability to switch between several forms that vary from "Human" to "Rat." I'd say he can be human when he wants, but he can also change between various Human/Rat hybrid forms that are better suited for some jobs. I may even allow him to gain a "swarm form" in which he becomes a whole horde of rats.

Step Three? Rats are scary because they're associated with disease. I am all for giving him some dominion over disease. Either it's a special power he has, or maybe he's just a scientist/doctor who specializes in infectious diseases. Either way? The thing that makes him scary is the fact that you don't necessarily beat him by punching him in the face. Go ahead, Diana! Beat him up! Unfortunately, that's not doing anything to stop the plague he just set off in Paris or whatever. What's that? Rat Man isn't powerful enough to overwhelm Diana in a straight-up fight? No problem! All he has to do is bite or scratch her in one of his rat forms, and now she's infected with a deadly disease that can even slow her down.

Motivations? I like the idea that he sees himself as another kind of planet-guardian. He thinks it's his job to reduce the human population in order to save the planet. He believes that disease is nature's Great Equalizer that prevents any one species from growing out of control. Oh, he's a cruel guy and he likes the suffering he causes, but he also rationalizes it as being for the greater good of the world. This puts him in some pretty interesting company since there are other villains with a similar mindset. He may be on fairly friendly terms with--say--Poison Ivy? Ra's al-Ghul? Any villain who likes to talk about striking a "balance" of a sort.
    Having control over disease would be an extremely useful power not to mention it would force Diana to think of ways to defeat him that doesn’t involve throwing hands. Cool idea.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Honestly the real trick to making Mouse Man work is how to differentiate him from other villains with similar themes.
    Putting aside the hero Mouse whose able to control mice, and Mouse the computer hacker with a trained rodent. There is still French Mouse whose a master thief who works with 'cat', Ratcatcher a Batman villain who can control rats, Rat-Tail with the power of having an awful haircut, and Black Rat who was a villain that ran around in a rat costume.

The one thing that makes him stand out is that he happens to be the only one whose actually the size of a rat. Maybe more can be done with that?