View Poll Results: X-cited for Shadowcat?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

31 45.59%
  • No

37 54.41%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat99 View Post
    Funny, since if it wasn't for that stuff, there wouldn't be any X-Men comic today.
    Such impudence, from a fan of a literal Wolverine derivative, at that? It boggles the mind!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    As much as I think that Claremont is slightly overrated, he's a big chunk of X-history.
    Well Claremont was untouchable until 1991 imo. I don't really like his X-MEN stuff afterwards like X-TREME or when he came back and I think Chris bachelo or the guy who draws like him was doing Uncanny with him.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

BANNED

Can we have a Deadpool Crossover?

Kelly-DP27-2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Can we have a Deadpool Crossover?
    I'd rather see her team up with Gambit, Colossus (Deadpool version), or Magik. Or also Rogue or Iceman
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Well Claremont was untouchable until 1991 imo. I don't really like his X-MEN stuff afterwards like X-TREME or when he came back and I think Chris bachelo or the guy who draws like him was doing Uncanny with him.
    Yeah. I agree. Is stuff from his first run were iconic. When he came back it was so cringeworthy.

BANNED

Outside of the box casting, but anyone who's seen Lady Bird knows that Saoirse Ronan does perfect teenage outbursts.

Yeah, 1975 - 1991 was his best run, I agree. I didn't hate what he did when he returned, but it didn't hold a candle to his first 16 years on the book.

Still, in all his time, the man was able to create 219 characters in the X-Men world. That's pretty dang amazing.

BANNED

She's very likeable as an actress and would hopefully make Kitty likeable again. I actually really liked her on Xmen Evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Outside of the box casting, but anyone who's seen Lady Bird knows that Saoirse Ronan does perfect teenage outbursts.
    It seems only X-MEN will be set in the past. So I'm guessing Shadowcat would be present day movie.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    She's very likeable as an actress and would hopefully make Kitty likeable again. I actually really liked her on Xmen Evolution.
    She's my MCU choice for Shadowcat.

Ellen Paige fits better with Stefan Kapičić age. But unfortunately she'd be so much older than Anya Taylor-Joy :-(
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 01-09-2018 at 02:22 PM.

So I only come in this board once in a while, do threads tend to become what is basicaly "Get off my lawn!" vs "No U"? Lol

Anyways, I'll just say that a Kitty movie has potential if done right, though it is gonna be harder for her since she's a team character, but it's better to wait and see.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    So I only come in this board once in a while, do threads tend to become what is basicaly "Get off my lawn!" vs "No U"? Lol
    Pretty much, yeah, combined with some ad hominem shade.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Well they don't make X-MEN games like they use to in the good ole days

BANNED

It seems only X-MEN will be set in the past. So I'm guessing Shadowcat would be present day movie.

She's my MCU choice for Shadowcat.

Ellen Paige fits better with Stefan Kapičić age. But unfortunately she'd be so much older than Anya Taylor-Joy :-(
    Ellen Paige is a very dry actress. Every delivery is like a sense of doom and gloom. Her kitty had no life.

Honestly....if Kitty Pryde ,of all female X-Men, gets a solo film before Storm it will be the brightest example of why the worked is completely F**ked Up.

And I don't even think Storm should have a solo. Just out of principle. How do you have arguable Marvel's most popular female character at one point get snubbed for a film by Kitty Pryde? Doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 01-09-2018 at 02:27 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

BANNED

LSD already said they don't care about continuity.