Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Stan Lee accused of sexual harassment

Stan Lee has been accused of sexual harassment.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ng-nurses.html

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Oh dear God. I'm torn. This could be true and truly despicable. But on the other hand it's Stan Lee, man. Well, let's just wait and see. A part of me isn't surprised as well but also still a bit shocked. Probably need to to process it.

What a way for Marvel to start 2018 lol.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Oh, boy... I'm gonna do myself a favor and not have any idols in the entertainment industry from now on, just in case.

Also, his lawyer suggests this could a part of a ''shakedown''... I wonder if they're implying this has something to do with the Disney/FOX deal.

EDIT: So, apparently shakedown is also just another word for ''extortion/blackmail''. That's probably what they meant.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 01-09-2018 at 11:14 PM.

Don't believe it. Bad to say in to days world I know. But this more then likely a money grab. Which is way past fashionable in todays world.

Besides that ...Wikipedia banned the original article source for being unreliable. Let that set in. WIKIPEDIA banned the source. I mean really?
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Extraordinary Member

The Daily Mail is generally not considered a reputable news source. They will print pretty much anything without checking, and earlier this year Wikipedia banned Daily Mail articles as citations.

Am I saying this must be false? Of course not. Not all their stories turn out to be fake. Just that I think most people are waiting for another source to pick up the story before they start reacting to it, which is why there hasn't been all that much reaction so far.
    Last edited by gurkle; 01-09-2018 at 02:16 PM.

The source plus the whole no police report or lawsuit makes this thing really fishy. It doesn't help that like what Lee's lawyer alluded to, he is a pretty prime target for someone trying to scam money, as we've seen fairly recently.