Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Even if you think dementia is an excuse, "product of his generation" is not.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Mighty Member

95 years. With no proofs for the moment.
    I don't understand you anymore, American people.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    That said, I still think it should be taken seriously, but feel like everyone should reserve judgement and I don't think that's an unfair thing to ask.
    It may not be an unfair thing to ask, but it is an impossible thing to ask.

Yeah, I don't believe it.

Who's next, the Pope?

I think it's bulls**t. High paid celebrity types are always a target for a lawsuit.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

I grew tired long ago for people accused of a crime being tried in the media or by the public when accusations are accused to them.

It can smear a person terribly even when they are found Innocent of the accusations.

So I say let the process take the course it needs to and end or go further by how the proper authorities think it should, not some tabloid or press.

Every Person is Innocent Until proven guilty. Stan deserves the same and I will wait for judgement and views of it when the time is right, but by all that is right by law and basic human ideals we have as a society we let this take the course it needs too.

Last edited by Tupiaz; 01-10-2018 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Clarification

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    Who's next, the Pope?
    That's not even the most unexpected thing you could suggest, considering how the Vatican has been under fire for sexual abuse reports for a very long time now.

do you think that Elvis ever sexually harassed someone; like in his druggie days? there are several reputations due to be tarnished. any underage hookups for the Beatles?

Quote Originally Posted by Tupiaz View Post
    Don't say the story is true. It makes it sound like he did it. The story that Stan Lee was accused is true.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Some people are oversensitiv, some not. Some things are sexuall harassment, some not, or a gray line. I f a woman touches my butt, i would make a joke about it. Some other guy would be offended. So what do you do?
    A person being groped against their will and being upset about it, is not being over sensitive. I don't know where you come from where doing that to someone is considered funny or acceptable but on this planet Earth it's called sexual harassment.

If you don't want to be offended by a stranger groping you, that is your choice. You do not, however, get to decide what other people should or should not be offended by.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 01-10-2018 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Don't say the story is true. It makes it sound like he did it. The story that Stan Lee was accused is true.
    I have edit it. Even though I thought it with pretty clear with the (admitted misspelled - thanks autocorrect) word claiming was in fact claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    A person being groped against their will and being upset about it, is not being over sensitive. I don't know where you come from where doing that to someone is considered funny or acceptable but on this planet Earth it's called sexual harassment.

If you don't want to be offended by a stranger groping you, that is your choice. You do not, however, get to decide what other people should or should not be offended by.
    It is really not a choice if you feel offended or not. The emotion sexual harassment like groping evokes is boundaries been broken if it is by someone with who you know it is also trust. Whatever you talk privately, public or not don't talk at all is a choice. If you where offended is not. The emotion are still there. A way to deal with such emotion and hoping the won't happen again can be by speaking about them publicly. That is an action however the feeling and emotions it evokes we as humans have little control over. How we act on those feelings we have to some degree.
    Last edited by Tupiaz; 01-11-2018 at 12:14 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    95 years. With no proofs for the moment.
    I don't understand you anymore, American people.
    Sadly, I agree with you.

Some people on the right will take the attitude of, "I'm so hard azzed that I won't even accept dementia as a reason for this behavior."

And some people on the left will think, "I can collect another scalp for the cause of women here, and I don't care if if he has dementia."

That thinking isn't improving the world.

Not to mention that sanctimony on that scale probably overlies at least a bit of hypocrisy in the person's own behavior. Who is really sacred enough to take attitudes that are THAT extreme?

It's a rare person who hasn't gotten drunk enough to do some things he's embarrassed about.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 01-11-2018 at 05:34 AM.

So it’s either true, and Lee is a perverted old man, OR what Lee’s lawyer is saying is true and these folks are trying to extort him for cash.

I don’t know what to believe, honestly. If more people come out and say Lee harassed them over the years I’d be more inclined to believe it.

I think it’s possible this could be the end of his cameos in future films.
    Last edited by Beaubier; 01-11-2018 at 05:37 AM.