Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Reserving judgement until further info is provided.

And we should care because? It's not like the guy is playing a big part in the day-to-day operation of the company. If we had to give up any popular entertainment because the people who made it were jerks we would have to give up 90% of all popular entertainment.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    It's the Daily Mail, so be skeptical if you wish, but also keep in mind that the man is 95 years old and could very likely have dementia. These kinds of actions happen often with people who suffer from dementia. Just because he seems like he's all there during convention appearances don't mean much, as you have your good days and your bad days.
    My mom works in a nursing home and dementia or not, they are redirected. Also unless he's confirmed as having dementia, it doesn't work for me either. Megan's Law webpage confirms how many perverts there are. I think people are just having a hard time accepting that famous people might be the same way. Especially if they grew up idolizing that person.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

The article also noted that Stan has been the victim of someone using his checks to make big purchases. One was for a $300,000 and marked as a "loan" and the other was for $850,000 for the purchase of a condo.

Some people in our area have been ripped off by home health care staff in the same manner. They're not millionaire clients like Stan but the same thing has happened. The home health staff person snoops around the house, finds the checkbook and start stealing the checks.

Maybe the two aren't related but it's been known to happen with home health care that the client gets ripped off.

I've been expecting it, actually. Not sure why, beyond pretty much every famous dude being a target for accusations these days, but I have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    The article also noted that Stan has been the victim of someone using his checks to make big purchases. One was for a $300,000 and marked as a "loan" and the other was for $850,000 for the purchase of a condo.

Some people in our area have been ripped off by home health care staff in the same manner. They're not millionaire clients like Stan but the same thing has happened. The home health staff person snoops around the house, finds the checkbook and start stealing the checks.

Maybe the two aren't related but it's been known to happen with home health care that the client gets ripped off.
    I hear about related cases like this all the time. Most at home nursing care work insane hours and our vastly underpaid. Which makes them feel entitled to take advantage of the people they are caring for at times.

Going to throw this out there too...the Timing is mad convenient now that the Black Panther movie is only a few weeks away. We see you Illuminati.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 01-09-2018 at 03:52 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Y'know what. I'm just kinda... deflated by the news. "I'm tired of this Earth. These People. I'm tired of being caught up in the tangle of their lives." "I'm leaving this Galaxy for one Less Complicated."

What?! Oh man not St- *sees the source is daily mail*

Oh never mind.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

When did it (supposedly) happen? Stan Lee is 95 year now, he most probably isn't too well in the head now... Many people in the early stages of dementia develope coarse lenguage and obscene behaviours...

Or it could be just a ploy to take money from him... The current climate is most appropiate for that; after all the scandalous reveals of late, most people will believe any accusation of sexual harassement from anybody...

Go on milkshake crusaders, fight the oppressive 90 year old.

as someone who worked with aging codgers a few years back I can tell you this pretty common amongst both sexes as their cognitive abilities diminish. the guy is 95 years old, I know we should never make excuses for this, but I feel about this the same way I feel about Bush Sr playing duck duck goose with any lady within grabbing distance. Is it gross...yeah, but I think there's a limit where common sense should tell us that this may be due to their aging judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It could be for Marvel. He created most of their big names.
    but did he though? the characters, as we know them, was him? or was it always a work in progress? I'd say that Robert Downey jr had more impact on who comic book Tony Stark is than Stan Lee. it could be argued that the X-Men (the marketable versions that people care about) are Chris Claremont creations. some of the most faithful Stan Lee work is the stuff that they are having the hardest time making work on screen.

BANNED

Robin Williams, David Cassidy and Malcolm Young all suffered from dementia while in their 60s. Maybe Stan Lee isn't affected by it, but if he is, then who could be shocked?

edit - I will find this ridiculous until otherwise noted.
    Last edited by Bunai; 01-09-2018 at 07:46 PM. Reason: emotional typing
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    Reserving judgement until further info is provided.
    I think that's the wisest decision possible, based on what we know so far.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)