Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hit vs. Buu

Extraordinary Member

Default Hit vs. Buu

Now, I know that the usual routine of Dragon Ball is that the newest big threat in one arc greatly surpassed the big threat from a previous arc and would therefore win easily.

However, I'm curious if that applies to Hit and Buu due to their specific abilities. Hit is most like faster and physically stronger than Buu, and his timeskip is very potent. But unlike a lot of other villains, Hit's style is focused on skill over power. And Buu has crazy regen abilities and loads of stamina. I'm wondering if Hit could do enough damage to Buu to actually knock him out.

So I decided to see what everybody else thinks about this.

And let's put Hit up against a few different Buu incarnations.

1. Fat Buu

2. Super Buu (after he absorbed Gohan)

3. Kid Buu

Can Hit's skill overcome Buu regerative abilities, or will the assassin burn himself out trying?

Interesting fight. I am actually inclined to go with Kid Buu as a winner. I mean, Hit could kick him in half or rip his pieces into pieces, but I'm just not sure if that matters.

One thing Hit has shown no real proficiency with is giant vaporizing energy blasts. So.

Actually, he traps him in time bubble for a Rumbles Rules 10 count if its the Arena.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

I don't think it's possible to KO Buu, splatter him to the point where he's not reforming for awhile maybe, or maybe time lock him like he tried Jiren, but straight up KO is going to be hard.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

time locking seems the best bet for hit.

As demonstrated by Gohan, Vegeto and later Beerus, purely physical attacks start to take a toll on Buu when dished out by someone stronger than him.

Hit is considerably beyond Gohan, Vegeto and the power that Beerus was using at the time. He should have no problem depleting Buu's energy, even assuming he actually doesn't know any generic big blasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    I don't think it's possible to KO Buu
    Beerus casually KO's him in episode 7 of Super.

Even in the event that for some reason Hit is unable to do big blasts, there is really nothing Buu can do to Hit. You know how Gotenks vs Copy Vegeta played out? This is worse. The Candy Beam can be dodged or batted aside assuming this doesn't turn into Strongest Candy in the Universe 2, and trying to absorb him will only work if he decides to let it like Vegito did, worse even since he can time leap or dimension shift to dodge.

Hit hits him until he goes down assuming he doesn't time freeze him for the hell of it.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Any Z character Vs Hit (including vegito of that era) is a horrible curbstomp.
    Even the currentbuu, which trained a little, I recall topped out around Base Goku level.
    And while hitdoesnt have any big Al's, and I wouldnt assume he does, Ithink his usual kill punch done in repetition could do the job.
    Last edited by Marvel-Studios Rep; 01-10-2018 at 07:59 PM.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Buu gets timelocked for the 10 count.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    As demonstrated by Gohan, Vegeto and later Beerus, purely physical attacks start to take a toll on Buu when dished out by someone stronger than him.

Hit is considerably beyond Gohan, Vegeto and the power that Beerus was using at the time. He should have no problem depleting Buu's energy, even assuming he actually doesn't know any generic big blasts.

That was Mr buu tho who's way weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    That was Mr buu tho who's way weaker.
    Yeah, Mr. Buu specifically had finite energy to work with because he was essentially just a twisted reincarnation of the old Kaioshin iirc. Other buus may have gasped or displayed pain or what have you, but being literally turned into vapor didn't bother them much.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post

Different Buus. Super Buu v. Gohan, Super Buu just was getting pounded before he could bother to regen, but he did regen. Vegeto was pretty much the same thing; Buu always regened to his starting point. Beerus KOed Mr Buu, who is a different being who retains some Buu attributes.

Unlike Cell or Piccolo, Buu always returned to his starting point and was never stated to lose any power on a regen, which is why he needed to be completely wiped.

Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    Different Buus. Super Buu v. Gohan, Super Buu just was getting pounded before he could bother to regen, but he did regen. Vegeto was pretty much the same thing; Buu always regened to his starting point. Beerus KOed Mr Buu, who is a different being who retains some Buu attributes.

Unlike Cell or Piccolo, Buu always returned to his starting point and was never stated to lose any power on a regen, which is why he needed to be completely wiped.
    Yeah, exactly this
    - big_adventure

I very much appreciate that Buu's exhibition match in Super showed that Buu-era DBZ powerlevels could still be relevant even at this stage of Super, even if it's not going to be on the front lines.

With that said, as versatile and esoteric as Buu can be, I can't really see how he can tag Hit at all. Even a dimension dump won't work if Hit can time-skip out of the way. It might take more power to put Buu down than other fighters at or above his powerlevel due to his impressive stamina and durability, but he's still going down to the master assassin.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    He still had at least some difficulty regenerating when getting hammered by Vegeto. I'd say his regen just very very efficient. Probably moreso for Kid Buu than any other form too. But I think just getting pounded hard enough for long enough would EVENTUALLY overcome his self-healing.

Edit: That said, he probably still needs to be completely destroyed to get anything more than a 10 count, just not necessarily all at once. While I believe he might have difficulty regenerating given a bad enough beating, I don't see any reason to believe that being too exhausted to regenerate would actually kill him.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 01-10-2018 at 12:18 PM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Realistically, Hit sees that his punches dont do much to Buu, so he uses some ki blasts and vaporizes him. Tho since Hit never actualy fired a ki blast, assuming he cant, he can rip Buu apart till he goes down for a 10 count. Especially since he doesnt need to exert much force to damage Buu.

So Hit wins eventually.