Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Amazing Member

So last week I was finally able to make it to the post office and sent my copy of the Xmen Gold Annual back to Mark Paniccia - this is the letter I included in the envelope

To Mr. Mark Paniccia
    Senior Editor X-men Marvel comics
    I have collected X-men for a very long time, my first issue #171 way back in
    high school, I fell in love with the X-men and I have stayed a long time fan
    through a lot of ups and downs.
    As of X-men Gold Annual #1 I can truly say that this stands among the one of
    the weakest and poorly written stories in my long standing run, from the poor
    attempt at jokes to the absolutely wooden dialogue and terrible characterization, I
    am astonished that I purchased it. If I could return it to my local comics shop (who
    I have faithfully given my business to for more than 20 years) and get my money
    back I would, but seeing as this isn’t that kind of business I cannot do that.
    I have included it in this envelope back to you because I don’t care for this to
    be in my collection at all, I’d rather demonstrate to you and Marvel that I just
    wasted $5 on a book that is just so poorly executed and put together it just didn’t
    come across that you and your team cared enough about the people who
    purchase this book to put out something worthwhile and not just do this “cause
    it’s X-men, it will sell” - and I’m not just talking about the main story, the back up
    story was far from good too.
    As of this book I have removed X-men entirely from my pull list at my LCS
    and have no marvel books left on my pull list, after a very long time you finally
    drove me away, I’d say congratulations but I don’t think this was your intention at
    all.
    I know this letter will make very little difference to you and your company, I’m
    not stupid nor do I have grand ideas that this will change everything, I’m just sad
    that it’s come to this. If you guys don’t seem to care about the fans and what your
    publishing why should I as a singular fan care about it either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Meta jon View Post
    I've given it some thought and I think I'm going to mail my copy back to the head editor in the X-Men office with a note telling him what a poor issue I wasted my money on.

Ill also mention to him that because of the obvious lack of care put into this issue and the men issues of late I will be dropping the x books off my pull list.
    If they don't care why should I?
    Congrats x-office job accomplished
    Killer post!
    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Even more killer gif!