Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default X-Men Gold Annual: Preview pages

Hey, has anyone posted this Excalibur....er...I mean X-Men Gold preview yet? I didn't see it. Story and art looks good!

https://www.newsarama.com/38048-retu...review.html#s8

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Ive seen it and i didnt like how Storm looks here. I mean a certain scan on the previw.

BANNED

so this basically confirms Rachel is just a stand in for Jean.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    No i don't think so, I think it just confirms that Rachel is Jean's kid and has the same bloodline.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Le sigh, I think it basically means the editors aren't doing their job any more by publishing a book telling someone to read an issue that a character doesn't appear in. It's really telling about the X-Office, the editors, and the writers than Rachel and Jean's supposed interchangeability.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    No i don't think so, I think it just confirms that Rachel is Jean's kid and has the same bloodline.
    but she is being used as a standin for Jean in this story as we all know that Rachel was NOT present in the original UXM story.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

The problem is that they actually act like it was Rachel who fought StarHammer in Uncanny X-Men #387 instead of Jean. They attribute what Jean did to defeat StarHammer to Rachel. The artist even redraws some of the panels from Uncanny 387 showing long haired Jean, yet the book says it was Rachel.

Considering the writer knows the details about how StarHammer was defeated and the artist has clearly seen the issue, was this a mistake or intentional?

Some of the creators clearly read the book. Mistake or attempt to retcon Revolution Jean into being Rachel?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    but she is being used as a standin for Jean in this story as we all know that Rachel was NOT present in the original UXM story.
    They couldn’t have just written it with Jean and waited a month or two to publish?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    The problem is that they actually act like it was Rachel who fought StarHammer in Uncanny X-Men #387 instead of Jean. They attribute what Jean did to defeat StarHammer to Rachel. The artist even redraws some of the panels from Uncanny 387 showing long haired Jean, yet the book says it was Rachel.

Considering the writer knows the details about how StarHammer was defeated and the artist has clearly seen the issue, was this a mistake or intentional?

Some of the creators clearly read the book. Mistake or attempt to retcon Revolution Jean into being Rachel?
    They can't really do that lol. Tbh I think Guggenheim and/or Leah just remembered it wrong and they went with it. Evidence that editors don't do their jobs properly anymore.

Fantastic Member

Well, bummer. Was excited until I saw the art. Not a fan at all of the artist of the preview pages. Not sure I'll drop $5 on it.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I like the nods to various characters and lore

Super cringey how OML and Storm joke and react to the Stork re: Kitty but whatever

Nice how Rachel seems kinda mysterious in this
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

The correct term is upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    We all look alike to Broccoli people, idk. This is just window dressing anyway, this is really an Excalibur reunion story.

BANNED

There is also apparently a writer on the issue that isn't credited. (Monty Nero?)

Perhaps Marvel editors just aren't good at their jobs?

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    There is also apparently a writer on the issue that isn't credited. (Monty Nero?)

Perhaps Marvel editors just aren't good at their jobs?
    How the hell do you forget an entire writer? Doesn’t he literally have to attend all the plot meetings?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.