Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Because killing shitty spin off movies and tired franchises badly mismanaged is such a bad thing right?
    You’re talking about a franchise that ran for 18 years with every movie being profitable and one getting a screenplay Oscar nom. I hardly call that badly mismanaged.

Because killing shitty spin off movies
    I find it odd you think the spin off movies are bad seeing as they don't exactly exist and all......

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    No shock to anyone Disney has killed kitty pryde and all the fox spin-offs.

With only three movies a year don't expect any mutants other then wolverine to get a film. (unlike comcast who was going to keep fox running as it was but yeah wolverine can be in avengers 12 so cheer.)

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men...rapped-a165773
    Do people really not see the danger of a Telecommunications company acquiring IPs?

Sure Disney after this merger will control the majority of the American Blockbuster Market by there is still other American Studios who can rule the mid level films, the Indie Film Scene, pretty much every major developed nation on Earth has there own film industries, and even streaming Disney Plus has Netflix, Amazon Prime, WB's upcoming one and dozens of smaller ones like DC, Britbox, Shudder, and etc to compete with and with all you can use any internet provider to access.

But there are only a few telecommunications companies yes all streaming services will have exclusive content but with Comcast they can offer there streaming only thru there internet services meaning you want access to the Fox library you have to have Comcast internet and it helps to force out other telecommunications companies. It has happened look at how Dish costumers reacted to the prospect of losing AMC a few years ago and losing Walking Dead, Mad Men, and Breaking Bad. What's more important less X-Men movies or less internet options?
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 01-13-2019 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    You’re talking about a franchise that ran for 18 years with every movie being profitable and one getting a screenplay Oscar nom. I hardly call that badly mismanaged.
    I was reffering to other Fox properties when I said mismanaged such as the Alien and Predator licence.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I find it odd you think the spin off movies are bad seeing as they don't exactly exist and all......
    Are the masses calling for a Kitty Pryde/Gambit/Etc movie ? Not particularly. Hell Kitty can't even carry a solo ongoing (always needing another name on the title) yet she gets a movie ?

Are the masses calling for a Kitty Pryde/Gambit/Etc movie ? Not particularly. Hell Kitty can't even carry a solo ongoing (always needing another name on the title) yet she gets a movie ?
    Remember how the audiences were demanding an Aquaman movie and an Ant-Man movie? Oh, that's right. They weren't. Or the overwhelming popular demand for a Captain Marvel movie (a name I cannot even use without feeling the need to explain that I am talking about the Marvel version of Captain Marvel and not the "real" Captain Marvel/ Shazam) as opposed to the actual audience response which was more like "Who the heck is Captain Marvel?"

A movie about Kitty Pryde is just like all of those others. It will stand or fall based on how good it is and how much it meets audience expectations.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Remember how the audiences were demanding an Aquaman movie and an Ant-Man movie? Oh, that's right. They weren't. Or the overwhelming popular demand for a Captain Marvel movie (a name I cannot even use without feeling the need to explain that I am talking about the Marvel version of Captain Marvel and not the "real" Captain Marvel/ Shazam) as opposed to the actual audience response which was more like "Who the heck is Captain Marvel?"

A movie about Kitty Pryde is just like all of those others. It will stand or fall based on how good it is and how much it meets audience expectations.
    A key difference here is that Aquaman, Ant-Man and Captain Marvel are all solo heroes that are also franchises on their own. Kitty Pryde is... Not. She's been an X-Men from her creation and that's what she has done for pretty much her whole history.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    If Loki, Wanda, and the Bucky and Falcon shows do great on Dinsey+ we could see a increase in comicbook content. Kitty Pryde which I wasnt dying for anyway can be a limited series on Dinsey+. They are gonna wanna turn out plenty of original content to compete with Netflix. So Marvel Comis Less popular characters could be they're gold mine
    That might be the best place for those sorts of franchises anyway. The Netflix vehicle showed how successful that could be. Imagine if we had a series where each year an X-character got the spotlight. One year it's Gambit, another Kitty, another Rogue and there can be cameos and overlaps. The key is to keep the storytelling fresh by not doing too many episodes or seasons with each character.

I much, much prefer that to a 3 hour movie anyway.

I love Kitty but I don't know if this movie would be a good idea.

I think there are a lot of X-men who could handle a solo but I'm not sure Kitty is one of them.

That doesn't really matter much after all no one was really askeing for a Guardians of the Galaxy movie.......

That doesn't really matter much after all no one was really askeing for a Guardians of the Galaxy movie.......
    But theres material to pull from Kitty Solo not as much. Gambit u can get a movie or two. I'd love a gambit movie from his pov on the mutant massacre. But first u probaly do a thieves guild moive. Kitty I have no idea what u do with her. Might as well make an original story top to bottom and just use her and lockheed

I'm not offended by a Kitty movie, but it would have to be very well written. Hopefully it would be about a stealth mission(s) and not about blowing things up constantly. Her power set is not super-flashy.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    But theres material to pull from Kitty Solo not as much. Gambit u can get a movie or two. I'd love a gambit movie from his pov on the mutant massacre. But first u probaly do a thieves guild moive. Kitty I have no idea what u do with her. Might as well make an original story top to bottom and just use her and lockheed
    I find it hard to believe a super hero who's been around since 1980 has nothing to pull from with or without a solo.

I find it hard to believe a super hero who's been around since 1980 has nothing to pull from with or without a solo.
    Ok so what solo story would you tell that's doesnt rely heavily on bigger characters?