Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Black Widow & Spider-Man

You just hit the jackpot, Peter!
    parker lucky day.jpg

BW by Mark Bagley...
    bagley bw.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

[QUOTE=Winterboy;415260]You just hit the jackpot, Peter!
    parker lucky day.jpg

How very cool! Nothing like classic Nastsha to keep us grounded in the fact that she has been with us for so long. Yeah!

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=blackwidow12345;416177]
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    You just hit the jackpot, Peter!
    parker lucky day.jpg

How very cool! Nothing like classic Nastsha to keep us grounded in the fact that she has been with us for so long. Yeah!
    I feel that, in retrospect, the Black Widow would have been well received if she was a regular guest in Spider-Man's world as his partner, a part from Daredevil as her partnership with Peter(Yes Natasha would know the man behind the mask) which would be quite different from anyone who she's worked with in a very good way.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post

I feel that, in retrospect, the Black Widow would have been well received if she was a regular guest in Spider-Man's world as his partner, a part from Daredevil as her partnership with Peter(Yes Natasha would know the man behind the mask) which would be quite different from anyone who she's worked with in a very good way.
    Please explain because i'm not seeing it,

Science Gadgets (FitzSimmons is being introduced in December, Tony Stark is a good friend) both are smarter than Peter in my opinon.
    Jobs - Peter certainly wouldn't handle Natasha killing that well.
    Link - There is no link between Peter Parker and Spiderman, there has been no confirmation that Widow knows the two are the same.
    Standing - Natasha standing in the MU is better than Peter's especially after Inferior Spock

I just don't see it happening if spidey had been a spy (lets face it with his abilties he would be a kick ass one) then it would have worked, if Spidey had joined the secret avengers instead of venom i could see it working but nope sorry Darth have to disagree.
    Truth is the best policy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    Please explain because i'm not seeing it,

Science Gadgets (FitzSimmons is being introduced in December, Tony Stark is a good friend) both are smarter than Peter in my opinon.
    Jobs - Peter certainly wouldn't handle Natasha killing that well.
    Link - There is no link between Peter Parker and Spiderman, there has been no confirmation that Widow knows the two are the same.
    Standing - Natasha standing in the MU is better than Peter's especially after Inferior Spock

I just don't see it happening if spidey had been a spy (lets face it with his abilties he would be a kick ass one) then it would have worked, if Spidey had joined the secret avengers instead of venom i could see it working but nope sorry Darth have to disagree.
    I did mention RETROSPECT, meaning that the Black Widow should have been made a featured guest in Spider-Man's world that includes knowing that he's Peter Parker the moment that they met in ASM #86. I do feel that a Black Widow x Spider-Man partnership would be awesome to see because it would add a lot of depth to both character. Also, I do agree that Spider-Man should have been a member of the Secret Avengers.

But since, Peter intellect is near to Tony Stark, he could create things that would blow the Natasha away with excitement. The spy angle is clearly lacking in Spider-Man's world because why is it ok for Silver Sable, Daredevil, and the Punisher to be in his world and not Black Widow? They both kill on instinct. However, we might have seen Natasha in a very different light if Spider-Man was her partner. Like Julia Carpenter, I would love to see the Black Widow integrated into Spider-Man's world in connection to his parents.

I did mention RETROSPECT, meaning that the Black Widow should have been made a featured guest in Spider-Man's world that includes knowing that he's Peter Parker the moment that they met in ASM #86.
    Problem Daredevil didn't even know at the time of ASM #86 (if you mean the first volume, at the time i don't think that many if anyone knew who Spiderman was. However I will offer you this it could have worked much like the amazing friends with Daredevil and Black Widow coming in and out of the book as Pete bestie's after the sin eater saga.

I do feel that a Black Widow x Spider-Man partnership would be awesome to see because it would add a lot of depth to both character.
    The only reason i like this is because i think Natasha was quite serious(still is) but has a quirky sense of humor (see the Spider-Girl Avengers Assemble Arc) but Peter could have been a moral compass for her and Natasha could have shown him how to kick a$$

Also, I do agree that Spider-Man should have been a member of the Secret Avengers.
    This might have to do with me being on the fence regarding Flash as Venom and my issues with the run.

But since, Peter intellect is near to Tony Stark, he could create things that would blow the Natasha away with excitement.
    Bearing in mind (Bendis pointed this out) Peter in the early days abused his brian by choosing not to use it a lot. Just somethng to consider so it would have to be present day.

The spy angle is clearly lacking in Spider-Man's world because why is it ok for Silver Sable, Daredevil, and the Punisher to be in his world and not Black Widow?
    They both kill on instinct.
    Daredevil doesn't kill on instinct that i'm aware of but does every book need a spy angle

However, we might have seen Natasha in a very different light if Spider-Man was her partner. Like Julia Carpenter, I would love to see the Black Widow integrated into Spider-Man's world in connection to his parents.
    Julia is hardly ever seen in the Spidey Comics unless its a big event like Spider Island and Spider Verse but yes if Peter was her partner then we would have seen her in a different light.
    Truth is the best policy

Natasha and Peter don't live in the same world. Sorry, Darth.

Jessica Drew is the woman you're looking for.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Why are they rubbing their butts together?

There is back-to-back and then there is this: butt-to-butt.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WonderBoy View Post
    I'm just not a fan of those two characters getting together. When I look at Peter I see him being more light-hearted, and would definitely be against killing (I don't read him so I'm not too sure what he's like). Natasha would be more cold, she's an assassin after all. I think a romance with someone more like her would work better, which is why in the films I think Clint is a good match for her.
    And Steve isnt lighthearted? And Clint isnt lighthearted? Peter is more versatile than you give credit for? I agree with not hooking up him and Natasha but Spider-man being lighthearted doesn't stop him from making friends or lovers fundamentally different from him. Peter Parker thrives on unconventional bonds, Cuz he's so understanding he can make anyone a life long companion. You Want bffs who are cold blooded killers see logan, loki, wade, and Felicia.

Quote Originally Posted by Heasensy32 View Post
    And Steve isnt lighthearted? And Clint isnt lighthearted? Peter is more versatile than you give credit for? I agree with not hooking up him and Natasha but Spider-man being lighthearted doesn't stop him from making friends or lovers fundamentally different from him. Peter Parker thrives on unconventional bonds, Cuz he's so understanding he can make anyone a life long companion. You Want bffs who are cold blooded killers see logan, loki, wade, and Felicia.
    Lighthearted might not have been the best word to use, I have nothing against Peter at all. I like his books, and I love Black Cat and his relationship. I enjoy their appearances and team-ups. But I'm just not a fan of Natasha and Peter being together. In a team-up kinda way it can be cool and that's alright. But the poster was talking about a relationship between them, and that's something I just don't really like the idea of. I think Clint works well since he's another spy type. But to be honest I'm more than happy with her single. I like her being like that right now. The Winter Soldier is another character I think goes well with her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WonderBoy View Post
    Lighthearted might not have been the best word to use, I have nothing against Peter at all. I like his books, and I love Black Cat and his relationship. I enjoy their appearances and team-ups. But I'm just not a fan of Natasha and Peter being together. In a team-up kinda way it can be cool and that's alright. But the poster was talking about a relationship between them, and that's something I just don't really like the idea of. I think Clint works well since he's another spy type. But to be honest I'm more than happy with her single. I like her being like that right now. The Winter Soldier is another character I think goes well with her.
    I understand too, since I also don't support them as a couple, but the way you said it that it was discerning, Peter has no problem working with people or hanging out with people who kill and assassinate for a profession or part of a job to defend for the greater good. Spidey is just intolerant towards blatant senseless murder and killing on a whim. It more of a how it's perceived that Spidey sees certain character who kills and eliminates foes. That also is how it effects working together with each other, I am confident Natasha can cooperate with Peter even if she kills and is a trained assassin. Petey works with Logan and he has killed in front of him and still holds him as a friend and ally. Natasha would be an excellent female surrogate alternative to Logan plus a mentor big sis type as well.

Astonishing Member

I will say for anyone who thinks that the Black Widow is more of a sister figure for Spider-Man should read the old Marvel Team-Up series #82 to #85, as well as Amazing Spider-Man #86. I seriously doubt that Natasha sees Peter as a brother. While I am not advocating that Black Widow x Spider-Man a couple, i would rather see their friendship develop in the same manner as Carol Danvers(before her memory loss) and Jessica Drew...

If things had turned out differently, Spider-Man & The Black Widow might have been an interesting team-up series in the 1970's, surpassing even Daredevil & The Black Widow.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 08-26-2014 at 05:28 PM.

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

Default Thread Drift: Black Widow & Spider-Man

blackwidow_4367.jpg

This is why Spider-Man doesn't date the Black Widow.
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by emac1790 View Post
    blackwidow_4367.jpg

This is why Spider-Man doesn't date the Black Widow.
    That was a joke parody. I hope to see Peter Parker and Natasha interact a little more in connection to their last great team-up together in Marvel Team-Up #82 thru #85.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 09-26-2014 at 11:41 AM.

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

That was a joke parody. I hope to see Peter Parker and Natasha interact a little more in connection to their last great team-up together in Marvel Team-Up #82 thru #85.
    Really? I had no idea.
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs