Mighty Member

Default Batman the animated series episode 32: The Strange Case of Bruce Wayne

Who else loves this episode? one of my favorite episodes and strangely (no pun intended), this episode is the only episode to have Hugo Strange in it and adapts both The Dead Yet Live/I Am The Batman by Steve Englehart plus this aired both weekday 26 years ago and on prime time 25 years ago to get the adult/teen audiences to watch the show as it helped.

A nice episode about finding out Bruce Wayne's secret identity by villains even trying to auction video footage of his true identity and seeing Two-Face/Joker/Penguin together to buy the video footage. Has a bond feel to it and very well written.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Love this episode! The solution is clever and shows that Batman's greatest asset is his mind.

Dick Grayson is quite convincing playing the role of Bruce Wayne!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Love this episode! The solution is clever and shows that Batman's greatest asset is his mind.

Dick Grayson is quite convincing playing the role of Bruce Wayne!
    Yup, nice ending it had.

Did you thought it was funny when Two-Face and Joker had a furor when Two-Face said "get out of my face clown" then Joker says "which one?" that made me laugh first time i saw it 26 years ago even with my big brother who watched the show with me.

And did you thought Hugo strange looks almost like that doctor from that Bugs Bunny short Hot Cross Bunny?

Incredible Member

A good episode overall and a nice adaption of the Hugo Strange story from the Rogers & Englehart run (in fact when Hugo Strange showed up in the comics in the 70's it was his first appearance since his apparent death waaaay back in Detective Comics 46 from 1940!) with Strange learning Batman's identity and auctioning it off (although Two-Face replaces Rupert Thorne from the comic story). Joker/Penguin & Two-Face get some hilarious scenes together and Batman has a clever way of winning against Strange (although JLU implys that he eventually managed to sell Bruce's identity to Amanda Waller & CADMUS)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    A good episode overall and a nice adaption of the Hugo Strange story from the Rogers & Englehart run (in fact when Hugo Strange showed up in the comics in the 70's it was his first appearance since his apparent death waaaay back in Detective Comics 46 from 1940!) with Strange learning Batman's identity and auctioning it off (although Two-Face replaces Rupert Thorne from the comic story). Joker/Penguin & Two-Face get some hilarious scenes together and Batman has a clever way of winning against Strange (although JLU implys that he eventually managed to sell Bruce's identity to Amanda Waller & CADMUS)
    And did you too thought Strange looked like that doctor from that one Bugs Bunny short Hot Cross Bunny?

It's a shame this was Hugo's first and only episode, there should had been more.