Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Charles Soule Talks the Astonishing Return of Charles Xavier

Charles Soule Talks the Astonishing Return of Charles Xavier

https://www.cbr.com/charles-soule-as...rles-xavier/3/

One of the toughest parts of writing an X-Men book — really, any team book — is finding moments to spotlight each of your cast members. Who are some of the regular cast that will get big moments in this arc?

Psylocke has some really cool stuff to do, as does Rogue. Bishop is crucial here because he has what he calls his Endtime Database, with files on possible apocalypses and their inciting events. He sees some very troubling signs in what’s been happening recently, and might have to take some drastic action.

Ofcourse Rogue. She saved the day in issue 1 and helped to defeat Shadow King at the end of arc 1. Definetely she also need to save the day from Proteus or be important to help Xavier do it.
    I think Gambit and Logan can be left to be possessed again. Now by Proteus.

Well at least he is more upfront this time. Looks like I won't even have to bother flipping through this in the comic book store. For those that will still read, let me know if Gambit does anything of his own free will besides pursue Rogue.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    One of the toughest parts of writing an X-Men book — really, any team book — is finding moments to spotlight each of your cast members. Who are some of the regular cast that will get big moments in this arc?

Psylocke has some really cool stuff to do, as does Rogue. Bishop is crucial here because he has what he calls his Endtime Database, with files on possible apocalypses and their inciting events. He sees some very troubling signs in what’s been happening recently, and might have to take some drastic action.

Ofcourse Rogue. She saved the day in issue 1 and helped to defeat Shadow King at the end of arc 1. Definetely she also need to save the day from Proteus or be important to help Xavier do it.
    I think Gambit and Logan can be left to be possessed again. Now by Proteus.
    It is pretty odd that he talks about the need to give each character their moment in a team book and then basically says, “so with that in mind I’m going to give all the same characters moments to shine in this arc too.”

BANNED

Bishop is crucial here because he has what he calls his Endtime Database, with files on possible apocalypses and their inciting events. He sees some very troubling signs in what’s been happening recently, and might have to take some drastic action.
    [Messiah Complex flashbacks]

Is that Psylocke going up against the newly returned Xavier?

I'm glad Xavier's back. The way he died and everything that lead up to it just felt too underhanded. I think the X-men need him back to get them on track again. It seems as though ever since Marvel began pushing Xavier to the side or discrediting him, the X-men have lacked direction. His return can help with that effort. I think it'll be good for the X-men in the long run and I hope Soule keeps developing him.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I'm glad Xavier's back. The way he died and everything that lead up to it just felt too underhanded. I think the X-men need him back to get them on track again. It seems as though ever since Marvel began pushing Xavier to the side or discrediting him, the X-men have lacked direction. His return can help with that effort. I think it'll be good for the X-men in the long run and I hope Soule keeps developing him.
    It does not seem that Soule or the marvel intend to bring the pacifist Xavier back instead it seems that they will continue with the hypocrite Xavier. On one hand it is good to make the character develop in new directions but on the other hand this rarely ends well.

Personally do not wish Xavier back to command the X-mens, it's past the time for students to go their way without the teacher holding their hands, but this does not mean there's no room for Xavier in the life of the X-mens.

O_o this book just continues its weird ways.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Mate, this is not "I have a dream" Xavier, this is "I'm The Authority but as one person" Xavier.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    It does not seem that Soule or the marvel intend to bring the pacifist Xavier back instead it seems that they will continue with the hypocrite Xavier. On one hand it is good to make the character develop in new directions but on the other hand this rarely ends well.

Personally do not wish Xavier back to command the X-mens, it's past the time for students to go their way without the teacher holding their hands, but this does not mean there's no room for Xavier in the life of the X-mens.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Mate, this is not "I have a dream" Xavier, this is "I'm The Authority but as one person" Xavier.
    I confess, I love it.
    I hope... I repeat, I hope to find an even more contemptible being.

Only for a while, of course. But I'm looking forward for the X-Men reaction.

The Saint Xavier. ;D

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    [Messiah Complex flashbacks]
    That's the first thing i thought, and Jean is coming back. Bishop please don't make the same mistake twice. I wish the endtimes database was a futuristic version of Siri, with his sister Shard personality being the voice and template.

Spectacular Member

What was the point of including all of these characters in this comic when you're barely going to use most of them. Gambit and OML are my favorite characters in this. OML had that one issue focused on him (which wasn't written well) but has been useless since then. Gambit's inclusion in this so far has been a disaster and he's been written as a prop to justify Rogue's inclusion in this storyline. Is Soule really such an untalented writer with little creativity that he couldn't think of another way to include Rogue in this comic? Gambit literally serves no purpose what so ever in this comic, not to mention he's written so poorly and his few actions don't fall in line with past continuity. Really only Fantomex and X have been vital for this. I'm glad I've read all the issues for free so far but now I'm just going to drop it all together.

Ugh. I actually love this cast (mostly, though Xavier has replaced the one character I don't like here, quite literally), but if we're going to give everyone moments to shine can we do more than retreads? I'm mostly concerned about Bishop here. He's hardcore and rough and tough yes, but drastic has been done already, to the complete character assassination of him. He's not recovered from that, on page anyways, it's so weird because of all that happened during Messiah Complex/Second Coming/Cable and then he returned in Uncanny X-Force, yet it was like he got redeemed without actually doing anything redeeming, it was just going through the motions. I still need to see him work for it, but instead it looks like they may just drag him back down again. I should note Bishop is nowhere near my favorite X-Man but I hate to see him continued to be drug through the mud. Also please stop with the Rouge and Gambit thing if it's just round and round cat and mouse. Either give them the relationship they deserve(d) from the early 00's, or just stop with them. I thought them a great pairing when it worked, but sadly writers wanted it to be too much work to work for more than a short time. Especially if Rogue is not interested. You know what, if she's not interested, just have him pair up with Psylocke. I think that would actually be an interesting pairing.

I'm looking forward to this. I hope by the end of it we see X leading a team of his own or even a solo. It well past time that we really get to see Xavier from his prospect for a stint.

I wonder if he will change his costume after they beat Proteus or if he will still be running in Fantomex clothing
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.