Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by passerby View Post
    Way too decompressed. The ending scene should have happened last issue.
    Yeah, not crazy about this issue. Felt like filler. Plus Cable is still sidelined...lame.

BANNED

In a hurry, but quickly, for now... this ish & the ENTIRE series so far, continues to leave MY:

This is turning out to be very uneventful. The pay off better be good because I don’t see how Jean living in her own Truman Show qualifies as the great shocking story the editors were hyping up to be.

And Kitty being the leader doesn’t work for me. It should’ve been Storm. The emotional stakes would’ve been much higher.
    Last edited by Luckystar.; 01-10-2018 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    This is turning out to be very uneventful. The pay off better be good because I don’t how Jean living in her own Truman Show qualifies as the great shocking story the editors were hyping up to be.

And Kitty being the leader doesn’t work for me. It should’ve been Storm. The emotional stakes would’ve been much higher.
    IA. I REALLY wish Storm had stepped up and just taken lead here given her close relationship with Jean. It doesnt mean as much with Kitty in that role.

A good issue but the part with Emma really looked strange considering what happened on the solo with the young Jean. Unfortunately do not think she was an impostor but anything is possible I suppose.

This time the special guest in Jean's dreams was Logan and talking in dreams how many times have we seen redheads running away from Phoenix and never working? Is sad like a cycle that never ends .

About the adult Jean's body at the cemetery Scott and the X-mens had not moved him elsewhere because of Madelyne and Sinister?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

They probably moved Jean back when they went back to Westchester.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Today's Waiting for the Trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    They probably moved Jean back when they went back to Westchester.
    Maybe but still find it dangerous to leave her body in the cemetery. There are many villains who might want to use her body. See what happened to Xavier.

Even though the X-men maybe have some problem with Emma because of IvX as always great threats require alliances and forget the past so it's no surprise they ask Emma for help even more when it involves a giant fire bird capable of destroying a planet .

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post

Today's Waiting for the Trade.
    Hilarious and sad at the same time .
    Last edited by Knives; 01-10-2018 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I think the Jean-in-Green is just the Phoenix. I think Ghost Jean and Diner Jean will probably merge at some point either in this mini or JG #11. And the Emma appearance wasn't all that bad like I was expecting from the wording. Actually, Kitty being the nicest one to Emma was nice. Surprise casual!Dani is best Dani.
    At first I was thinking that some malcontent had put Jean in this world, but now I'm starting to suspect it was either the Phoenix or Jean herself. The Phoenix was getting ready for her rebirth and chose a place that's likely just as important to the Phoenix itself as it is to Jean.

I suspect the arrival of teen Jean threw a wrench into that as the Phoenix doesn't want copies getting in the way. My guess is Jean felt the Phoenix was coming for her younger self and left her body in this fake place to go help her. The Phoenix can split into pieces so maybe Jean can too, leaving just enough of herself behind to function but to the point where she doesn't remember anything.

BANNED

Dani clearly hates the O5 too. <3

Is it just me or is it kinda odd that the X-Men apparently know exactly where Emma lives and just let her go about her way after IvX?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Is it just me or is it kinda odd that the X-Men apparently know exactly where Emma lives and just let her go about her way after IvX?
    I don't think they actually know, so much as Kitty had an idea of where she'd be at the time. I'm not sure that Emma has a strict 'home base' as it is.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

The barrier appears to be a giant Phoenix Egg. Jean's world seems to be inside it.

I wonder if Green Phoenix-Jean is the Phoenix Force proper or Ghost Jean?

This issue did move the story along, because the X-Men know that Jean is returning and not just the Phoenix Force. Next issue, they will be entering Jean's world. Plus Diner-Jean is face to face with her Phoenix self.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It makes no sense. This is the second time someone casually went to were she lived like they went throw a bad break up rather than her becoming a super villain. I think they know they **** the bed with IvX, and will be retconning it soon, and don't want to keep digging their hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I don't think they actually know, so much as Kitty had an idea of where she'd be at the time. I'm not sure that Emma has a strict 'home base' as it is.
    But this is the second time someone found it like it's a secretive as the fucking X-mansion since Kitty put it in Central Park.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    But this is the second time someone found it like it's a secretive as the fucking X-mansion since Kitty put it in Central Park.
    When was the other time? From what I recall Ghost Jean found Emma, probably telepathically, in Manhattan.