Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

I liked it. It was a little faster than last issue which is good. And the story moved forward which is also good.

The concept of Phoenix spliting in a billon parts... and reuniting as a healing process is been called before. So maybe the same works for Jean. And we will have all different aspects of jean caming toghether (ghost jean, corpse jean, waitress Jean which seams to be her identity and phoenix jean). The weird dome seams like a gigantic phoenix egg like someone said before.

Even when i think this is good and i love the dedication jean is reciving after years of absense. I think this story might feel a little light in the end. There is a mistery and that´s compelling. But as for now, it seams we are just witnessing a process of ressurection. And that´s it. I guess it´s ok... but then again, there´s no big story behind, just a description of a process... like when you describe your car. We will know how she resurrects from the inside.

[Important] BUT and i think theres a REALLY BIG BUT. This is a LOT to JEAN even when it´s just a description of a resurrection. Because it confirms and endorses the ideas shown on Phoenix Endsong about Jean and phoenix being the same entity. Here she is not being treated like a phoenix host that when she is not around, phoenix just goes and pickes someone else. She is not being treated as a clone in stasis at the bottom of the river, which separates the actions of phoenix from the actions of jean. X-Factor taught us that Dark Phoenix was not Jean. But then again... here we are learning she is one and the same, since Phoenix and Jean ressurrection is the same thing. We are finally having knowledge about the Jean+Phoenix relationship.

So it seems small as a story, just a description, but it means a lot to Jean as a character.
    Last edited by Gortam; 01-10-2018 at 10:31 AM.

The writers seem to be slowly ignoring IvX happened altogether, just like us.

And anyways, I'm still here, hoping that Jean somehow retains the Phoenix Force post resurrection and into Red.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    The writers seem to be slowly ignoring IvX happened altogether, just like us.

And anyways, I'm still here, hoping that Jean somehow retains the Phoenix Force post resurrection and into Red.
    How? Where do you get that from this issue? IvX didnt really seem relevant

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    When was the other time? From what I recall Ghost Jean found Emma, probably telepathically, in Manhattan.
    That's what I was referring to. It hasn't seemed to hard to find someone that IvX made a big deal out of getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    How? Where do you get that from this issue? IvX didnt really seem relevant
    In the sense that Emma's crimes in IvX let her as a supposed villain and the X-Men were like "Yeah we're looking for her so hard right now!!1!" wanting her head and whatever, but as time goes by everything that happened appears to be ignored, yeah Emma is still considered kind of an antagonist to the X-Men but things don't look to be as bad as they appeared when IvX just finished.

Kitty asking Emma for help kind of casually was an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    In the sense that Emma's crimes in IvX let her as a supposed villain and the X-Men were like "Yeah we're looking for her so hard right now!!1!" wanting her head and whatever, but as time goes by everything that happened appears to be ignored, yeah Emma is still considered kind of an antagonist to the X-Men but things don't look to be as bad as they appeared when IvX just finished.

Kitty asking Emma for help kind of casually was an example.
    I took it as they have more pressing matters than to hold a grudge against Emma as the only psychic left they can go to. She was literally their absolute last option. I see your point though as the followup to IvX with her has been rather weak and inconsistent

I took it as they have more pressing matters than to hold a grudge against Emma as the only psychic left they can go to. She was literally their absolute last option. I see your point though as the followup to IvX with her has been rather weak and inconsistent
    I haven’t had a chance to read this yet (and I wouldn’t even be in this thread if I had a single shred of willpower), but what happened with the other teams from last issue that were supposed to be off looking for their missing telepathic teammates?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    I haven’t had a chance to read this yet (and I wouldn’t even be in this thread if I had a single shred of willpower), but what happened with the other teams from last issue that were supposed to be off looking for their missing telepathic teammates?
    They didn’t find them. Seems like all the X-men were regrouped in this issue. I wonder if this would have been better as a crossover with the ongoing tackling the side missions bc something like that does feel sloppy

They didn’t find them. Seems like all the X-men were regrouped in this issue. I wonder if this would have been better as a crossover with the ongoing tackling the side missions bc something like that does feel sloppy
    Wow, it really does. It boggles my mind that they couldn’t at least find Monet. At the end of the latest issue of GenX she was spoilers:
    literally inside the school hunting Shogo (presumably setting up the big final confrontation with Jubes).
    end of spoilers If they had planned this continuity a bit better, that could have fed directly into PR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

I really hope the next issue really speed things up.

So, wait Logan is dead? All the people who appear there are to supposed to be dead in whatever Jean is supposed to be. Patch is still Logan, Patch is not a different person.

I do like that there was a building that had "Wagner" and had the statue of Nightcrawler. And you see a painting of Apocalypse as a priest.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

It's too bad Rosenberg isn't writing X-Men red, I'd like to see him continue writing these characters. Though I'm sure Tom Taylor will do a great job.

BANNED

perhaps all the X titles should have tied in to this book which would have given them a chance to expand the storyline by adding action and by giving different characters spotlight so their thoughts and reactions about jeans resurrection and the pheonixs return would have been more detailed. Laura could have shown receiving the call and dealing with psychic mags and maybe wolvie constructs in her book, the gold team would have been scrambling to catch up and deal with all the weird manifestations and could have shown to all be thinking of their connection to jean and subconsciously sense that she is reaching out for them, x men blue could have shown to be worried about their missing team mate with tensions running high between alt wolverine cyclops and teen beast before receiving the call. Then the various conflicts, phenomena manifesting and the way the various teams dealt with could be further expolred in tie in books. A interim issue could have made more sense for jeen that shows all of them trapped in a psychic illusion or inside the 'egg' with them gradually getting aware and attempt to find ghost jean or a way out. As the series stand it doesn't make as much for compelling reading apart from Jean returning. it seems to lack meat and feels like being told only the bare outline of a story that feels thin.
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 01-10-2018 at 11:40 AM.

Slow pacing. But I don't mind as it's a weekly release.
    Good issue. It's not shaking my world, but at least it was a enjoyable ride.

So Jean is living "Under the Dome"...
    It looks like a giant egg, as 2 members said previously.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    I really hope the next issue really speed things up.

So, wait Logan is dead? All the people who appear there are to supposed to be dead in whatever Jean is supposed to be. Patch is still Logan, Patch is not a different person.

I do like that there was a building that had "Wagner" and had the statue of Nightcrawler. And you see a painting of Apocalypse as a priest.
    It's unclear where this takes place in continuity so Logan might not technically be back yet. Even if he is the X-Men don't know about it yet.

And I think the inconsistency of who can appear in Jean's world are signs that things are starting to breakdown. At first we thought it was just other dead characters, but then Magneto appeared. And this issue shows that Jean isn't dead or at the very least is more alive than dead at this point.

Also, when Jean passed out in the grocery store they said they called for Dr. Reyes to come help her, and as far as I know she's never been dead.

Edit: Checked on Reyes and she might have been kinda sorta dead once. It was unclear. But I'm pretty sure she isn't now. Please correct if wrong.
    Last edited by ariwl1; 01-10-2018 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    Magneto is alive and yet he appeared in the "illusion".