Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    The new timeline thus far seems to blithely disregard the aging problem (Tim Drake becomes Robin in G3Y4, which would mean eleven years of aging before G4 begins; if he was 13 when he became Robin, he should be 29 now). If they have built-in de-aging features to compensate for this sort of thing (not how I'd handle it; but whatever), those would potentially allow for any sort of age discrepancy between the JSA and their kids: after all, the JSA used to be older than they are now.

I'm hoping that the JSA's full history gets restored in its broad strokes, if not specific details; and this would include both Infinity Inc. and the 90s/00s JSA. I don't just want Skyman, Jade, Obsidian, Silver Scarab, Fury, and Northwind back in continuity; I also want Stargirl, Cyclone, Tomcat, Jakeem Thunder, and the rest of that bunch back. (Mostly. I'm OK if Magog remains in Limbo.)
    I don't think its disregarding aging, probably Crisis or some other time related shenanigans reset everyone's age multiple times.

If DC ever does decide to revive Infinity Inc, they might just shove a bunch of characters who have nothing to do with the original version onto a roster and call it a team.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I don't think its disregarding aging, probably Crisis or some other time related shenanigans reset everyone's age multiple times.
    That's not an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    If DC ever does decide to revive Infinity Inc, they might just shove a bunch of characters who have nothing to do with the original version onto a roster and call it a team.
    They've already done that. It bombed.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Astonishing Member

That's not an improvement.

They've already done that. It bombed.
    Knowing DC, they'll do it again. I feel like establishing a timeline is actually a step in the wrong direction, any timeline that relies on time shenanigans to be viable is doomed to fail. What DC should be doing is trying to use the multiverse concept to tell new original self-contained stories(not edgy rehashes of past tales like the Dark Multiverse crap they're making). I've been flamed for saying this in the past, but barring a complete reboot the continuity in the current DC comics universe will NEVER make sense. Too much contradictions, retcons and mishandled characters.

Yeah; about that idea of a complete reboot of the continuity…
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Astonishing Member

Yeah; about that idea of a complete reboot of the continuity…
    The real question is: what happens when all of the standards make no sense? I think DC reached the point where standards make no sense a long time ago.