This was... about how I expected.

Vanessa Kapatelis was a young girl saved by Diana and Steve a while back. While she was hospitalized, Diana kept her company and Vanessa considered her to be "Wonder Woman's Best Friend." A new surgical procedure based on Cyborg allowed Vanessa to move her legs. After a while, Diana stopped showing up, Vanessa's mother Julia died in a "freak car accident," and Vanessa was driven to madness.

Meanwhile, Jason is partying it up in Diana's home. Diana scolds him and blah blah. Then, Steve (who is hunting for Giganta's artifacts in Istanbul) tells Diana there was a distress call from a family Diana had saved earlier in the issue. She goes to the house to find Vanessa as the Silver Swan standing over the family's dead bodies.

Dialogue was the standard awkward Robinson fare. Vanessa's backstory incorporated a lot of elements of Helen Alexandros's (being a ballet dancer) which makes me wonder why they didn't just use Helen. Because this leads to the biggest insult of all: the off-panel death of Julia Kapatelis. Julia was such a major presence in Perez's run that it's just such a slap in the face to longtime fans. Of course, this could just be a fakeout and there could be some dramatic "she wasn't REALLY dead" trope. But it just seems pretty awful.

Also, Steve called Diana "Angel" almost exclusively... it's cute once or twice but not seven times.

The positives? I really liked the art. And Silver Swan doesn't look as bad in-comic as she did on the variant cover.