Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I like Vanessa's new origin. Let's face it, with the changes made to Wonder Woman in recent years, it would be difficult for her to have met Vanessa and Julia the same way she did in the Perez retcon. Vanessa's story is quite tragic and it makes for an excellent Two-face like villain for Wonder Woman. Now, the big question is who gave Vanessa her abilities and pushed her over the edge of sanity? I'm thinking it's Dr. Psycho.
    Two-Face's relationship with Bruce is a lot more developed than a few visits in the hospital which makes Harvey think he and Bruce are friends. And nothing indicates anything pushed Vanessa over the edge of sanity other than the accident which is stupid in and of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    They are using all three of their origins.valrie being a science experiment, Helena being a ballet and Vanessa being a girl Diana got closer to. I do think there is a way to make that work...give her Ares origin.
    Oh, there's definitely a way to make it all work, together, but, maybe Diana's rogues gallery needs a major super-villain, who is empowered by the Greek gods, as she is. Since we already have Doctor Cyber for the hi-tech stuff, ..I think the Ares-powered origin worked best, for Silver Swan.

You were right about #38, and it was a good read for fans of the George Perez run and the pre-Crisis Swan. Thanks, AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Mighty Member

I read this against my better judgement and didn't like it at all. The issue felt like an obligation instead of a story introducing a wonder woman villain. Jason is as pointless as ever and him being a deadbeat is all the more reason he should have been killed off. Vanessa or whoever is the new silver swan comes off like a psycho. The story was rushed and I can't imagine anyone has any emotional investment in this. The only upside is Diana fought a villain and got a story that was actually about her for once.

Her new design is ugly also but i did like those boots/pants she wore
    Last edited by Lex Luthor; 01-11-2018 at 02:12 PM.

Since when is throwing a party equal to being a deadbeat? Immature and a little disrespectful sure, since this isn't his pad and he didn't ask first.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-11-2018 at 02:14 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Mighty Member

Him not cleaning up after himself, mooching off Diana, and being irresponsible = deadbeat

He just started staying with her. At her request. And its been at best a few days, hardly any length of time to chart whether he's contributed anything positive to the invite yet or not. That's hardly mooching territory. And at best being messy could constitute being called a slob, and even that's not taking into account Diana got home early and just witnessed the pre-cleanup. Its all there in the dialogue. At worst the guy had a get together at his sister's place without asking her for permission. A definite party foul of which he deserved to be laid into over, but hardly deserving of the brand of deadbeat. Wrong adjective to make him seem way worse than what he actually did.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-11-2018 at 02:28 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    He just started staying with her. At her request. And its been at best a few days, hardly any length of time to chart whether he's contributed anything positive to the invite yet or not. That's hardly mooching territory. And at best being messy could constitute being called a slob, and even that's not taking into account Diana got home early and just witnessed the pre-cleanup. Its all there in the dialogue. At worst the guy had a get together at his sister's place without asking her for permission. A definite party foul of which he deserved to be laid into over, but hardly deserving of the brand of deadbeat.
    I don't like him and I think being inconsiderate and sloppy while Diana let's him stay there makes him a deadbeat.
    He may not be mooching in story and I did misspeak but no matter the circumstances I'm ready for his character to leave for good since he has been a waste of space and a bad idea shoe horned into the book since Johns thought him up.
    Last edited by Lex Luthor; 01-11-2018 at 02:56 PM.

It's plain to see what drove Vanessa over the edge, but too much like the tragic Cheetah origin, I think. I don't understand why the delusion of betrayal had to be so central to Swan's origin, considering we just saw Rucka do such a similar story ..and so brilliantly. There's ways Vanessa could have become the Swan, without her feeling betrayed by Diana and driven insane by it! Maybe, she could have taken a wrong turn, for some other reason ..or simply because she wanted to...became a bad person, etc, bla'bla bla.

There just might be a way to bring Doc Julia back, out of all of this, though. What would Vanessa do to bring her mother back from Hades? Serve the god of war, as his Silver Swan, maybe? Maybe...
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 01-11-2018 at 02:58 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    I don't like him and I think being inconsiderate and sloppy while Diana let's him stay there makes him a deadbeat.
    He may not be mooching in story and I did misspeak but no matter the circumstances I'm ready for his character to leave for good since he has been a waste of space and a bad idea shoe horned into the book since Johns thought him up.
    I get you don't like him, that's cool. I think that negative bias though is driving a few here to greatly exaggerate how awful this is.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-11-2018 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post

So everything you’re saying is based off your feelings from not liking him?

Sometimes I wonder if all three of the Silver Swans should exist as their own trio

I like Jason!

James Robinson has already said very assuredly that he wasn't giving us a male Wonder Woman, but, it looks like Diana will be training him to be some sort of hero, ..just as Superman trained Kara. His dramatically not-heroic behavior appears to be setting things up for this, and I'm looking forward to it. For now, he's a party monster and a notorious lady's man, ending any chance (I hope) of Jason being a bad Warkiller do-over.

Since Jason's origin has already revealed that Warkiller (aka 'the Olympian') is out there, no need for Jason to be a clone.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 01-11-2018 at 03:34 PM.

I just don't even know what's going on anymore. It feels like it's jumping all over the place or it may just be me. Steve looked so young i don't know if this story is in the present, the past or if i missed him falling into a lazarus pit.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I hope that things go well with him meeting Hippoltya. Thinking more about it I can’t see Hippoltya just abandoning him due to Hera. I do hope things go well. Another thing it seems maybe Robison will do Gail Simone storyline Amazons attack or it could be just a coincidence

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I just don't even know what's going on anymore. It feels like it's jumping all over the place or it may just be me. Steve looked so young i don't know if this story is in the present, the past or if i missed him falling into a lazarus pit.
    set in the present, he just shaved his beard.